Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
harmonsmom
Registered Users
seller

Homeschooling abroad?

Anyone doing it or done it!? It looks like we will be in Poland for 3-5 years. I am thinking we will be able to get a pretty good homeschooling stipend fom my husbands company since we will be declining their offer of paying $10,000 to 20,000 per child ( we have 3) to attend an international school. By the time we are starting out there our children will be aged 6.5, 5 and 3.

Go with a boxed curriculum that has everything included since English resources will be limited? What are your suggestions for that route?

Online curriculum? Suggestions?

Favorite online book resources?

Also if you know anything about the legality. I do know it is legal in Poland to homeschool, but not popular. If you are there temporarily, and still a US citizen will we have to do any complying with Polish homeschool laws or are we only responsible to meet the requirements of our home state?

In general, share your goodies that might be helpful in this situation. Thanks

Advertisement

Last edited by harmonsmom; 02-27-2013 at 09:36 PM.
harmonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
harmonsmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Homeschooling abroad?

Nobody, huh?
harmonsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
momofdestructobaby
Registered Users
seller

Re: Homeschooling abroad?

A friend of mine is living in the UAE right now and homeschooling her 2 kids. They are using an online program called K-12 and absolutely love it. Its a bit pricy I think, but allows them to meet the legal requirements in the UAE as well as to keep their kids "eligible" to attend a brick and mortar school there if they choose to, down the line. Good luck.
momofdestructobaby is offline   Reply With Quote