Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Best book- getting baby to sleep @night & nap

Ladies let me know which book I need to buy. Dd is 8 months & wakes 3 times per night & during the day it takes 55 mins to get her to nap & she is only napping 25 mins 2 times per day!

Let me know which book/method worked best for your infant& how long it took to start working.
I really don't like CIO but maybe willing to try it in a modified version like 2 mins 4 mins 8 mins

But still I really feel it is very sad to hear my baby just crying for me.

Anyone try the "No Cry Sleep Solution"? Did it work?

Thanks ladies!

Advertisement

Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Best book- getting baby to sleep @night & nap

Hands down this book "The 90 minute baby sleep program" - by Polly Moore

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

It absolutely solved our sleeping problems. DS was taking an hour to get to sleep each time, and would only sleep for 30 minutes at a time. By following her routine and trying to get baby back to sleep after being awake for 90 minutes, he started going to sleep within 15 minutes and sleeping for an hour and a half. He was so much happier too!!

It has nothing to do with cio or anything like that, but it focuses on your baby's sleep/awake cycles and trying to find the right timing so baby will go to sleep easily.

I highly, highly recommend it!!
MIpiccolo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIpiccolo44
Hands down this book "The 90 minute baby sleep program" - by Polly Moore

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

It absolutely solved our sleeping problems. DS was taking an hour to get to sleep each time, and would only sleep for 30 minutes at a time. By following her routine and trying to get baby back to sleep after being awake for 90 minutes, he started going to sleep within 15 minutes and sleeping for an hour and a half. He was so much happier too!!

It has nothing to do with cio or anything like that, but it focuses on your baby's sleep/awake cycles and trying to find the right timing so baby will go to sleep easily.

I highly, highly recommend it!!
Just read about this book from the link u posted but I am wondering if I really want her to only take about 2 naps per day. If I put her in bed every 90 mins after waking that is a lot of napping...
Old 03-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

The book of mom. Trusting my instincts and heart, doing what my child needs me to do right now, and letting my child do what he/she needs to do right now. Not regarding anything going on with sleep or anything else as a problem or an issue but just part of life. And no child cries alone in this house. That is what works for us and I highly recommend it. I hope you figure out something but what your child is doing as far as sleep goes sounds fine to me and also quite familiar.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The Sleep Lady's Good Night Sleep Tight. My cousin told me about this book and I LOVE it! It worked for my 2 year old and we are doing it with our 15 month old now. There are different sections for different ages. There may be some tears, but you are always close by.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/1593155581
Old 03-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
mkrisel
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma
The Sleep Lady's Good Night Sleep Tight. My cousin told me about this book and I LOVE it! It worked for my 2 year old and we are doing it with our 15 month old now. There are different sections for different ages. There may be some tears, but you are always close by.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/1593155581
This worked wonders for us! Went from 2 hours of crying (in our arms with us trying to comfort her) for her to fall asleep and no naps to putting herself to sleep and 2 solid naps at 6 months.
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrisel

This worked wonders for us! Went from 2 hours of crying (in our arms with us trying to comfort her) for her to fall asleep and no naps to putting herself to sleep and 2 solid naps at 6 months.
How long did it take to see changes? Also what is the summary of this method? Just trying to figure out which method will work best for us. Thx!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #8
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Waking only 3 times a night at 8 months is actually pretty good in my opinion.

I forget the exact name of the book, but it's something like "Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child". After reading that book, DD1 went from sleeping 45 minute stretches at night to sleeping 1.5 hour stretches (this was at about 8 months old). The biggest thing was getting her to sleep earlier and working on her naps during the day. It talks about babies' sleep patterns...it really helped me learn a lot. It's not really a "method" but rather just informative about the sleep patterns.

The most important things for us were getting baby down for a morning nap within a few hours of waking up and putting her to bed at 7pm instead of giving her a late nap and putting her to bed late.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #9
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
Waking only 3 times a night at 8 months is actually pretty good in my opinion.

I forget the exact name of the book, but it's something like "Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child". After reading that book, DD1 went from sleeping 45 minute stretches at night to sleeping 1.5 hour stretches (this was at about 8 months old). The biggest thing was getting her to sleep earlier and working on her naps during the day. It talks about babies' sleep patterns...it really helped me learn a lot. It's not really a "method" but rather just informative about the sleep patterns.

The most important things for us were getting baby down for a morning nap within a few hours of waking up and putting her to bed at 7pm instead of giving her a late nap and putting her to bed late.
It's Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, and I recommend it as well!
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

I tried to PM you but your inbox is full. Let me know if you clean it out some ans I'll send you the novel I wrote last night, lol
MIpiccolo44 is offline   Reply With Quote