Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Verizon Home Internet Service?

Does anyone have Verizon home internet service?

I've looked online at some of the plans and it looks like they charge on usage. We aren't avid internet users at home, but do stream some videos on the Kindle and do facebook and a few other things daily. What kind of usage would that be? Light? medium?

Our current service is EXCELLENT. Always connected, super fast, but it costs over $50/month. I can't imagine a cheaper product being better. But for our needs, maybe we can make it work. Verizon plans start at an "introductory" $20 but the price would go up later.

Anyone have this service and have any comments on it?

Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Verizon Home Internet Service?

We had to have Verizon at our house in California and it sucked. Now that was six years ago but I couldn't wait to go back to cable. We had problems staying connected and so did my neighbors. Now, a lot could have changed so maybe it is better now. But I would never get internet that you had to pay by usage IMO.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
schmerna
Registered Users
seller

I have verizon DSL at home. I have the $20 version. I think it is fine most of the time. Sometimes it is slow. I rarely work from home so it isn't an issue. Streaming is usually fine but again, I don't do much of that either.
schmerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

We had comcast and had non-stop problems where we would have to sit and wait for the internet to come back on. After switching to Verizon FIOS we're thrilled that it's always online and super fast (even at the lowest speed bracket). I can set it to download a dozen TV episodes and it finishes all the huge files in less than 15 minutes.

It was $37 a month billed to my credit card for month to month. They recently had a promotion that I signed up for, but kind of regret now. So now I have a 2 year contract and they're sending me a $100 gift card. They didn't make it clear that my rate would go up to $40 a month, so they did give me 1 month free... but I still hate that my new rate is $40 even after the contract. I feel tricked! I'm now paying $3 more a month but got 1 month free and a $100 gift card. They are sneaky!
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspopo View Post
We had comcast and had non-stop problems where we would have to sit and wait for the internet to come back on. After switching to Verizon FIOS we're thrilled that it's always online and super fast (even at the lowest speed bracket). I can set it to download a dozen TV episodes and it finishes all the huge files in less than 15 minutes.

It was $37 a month billed to my credit card for month to month. They recently had a promotion that I signed up for, but kind of regret now. So now I have a 2 year contract and they're sending me a $100 gift card. They didn't make it clear that my rate would go up to $40 a month, so they did give me 1 month free... but I still hate that my new rate is $40 even after the contract. I feel tricked! I'm now paying $3 more a month but got 1 month free and a $100 gift card. They are sneaky!
Is the $37 the higher package? That would go up to $40 after 2 years?
Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #6
justjacqueline
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved Verizon when we had it but now we live in the sticks and don't get anything
justjacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote