Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #101
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 3rd - 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
I'm sure no one will buy the thing for me since it's something I really actually want. But I can hope.
Isn't that the truth?! LOL

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #102
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

not a lot to report here was an absolutely gorgeous day, so we walked to the park for a picnic lunch again. Had to take off my coat because it was so warm and I was sweating.

We were there about 30 minutes before a front rolled in and then it got super cold and windy. Mostly cold wind. And then walking home, it starts raining.. luckily, I just got pelted with a few drops and then it stopped.

still glad we got out. I am so ready for warmer weather to be here consistently. I am not a cold weather person.

really need to buy a baby book for the new baby. but why do they have to cost so much? Seriously? $30 for a book? This is a purchase I've been avoiding mostly cause I'm so behind on DD's that I'm like... meh. And somewhere, DD has a gorgeous 'first memories' box that someone got us.. need one of those for Star, as well. I'm sure they're way too expensive too. I hope I can find DD's. We really move too much - I can't find anything.

Did I ever mention that we have our names? I think these are going to be it:
Boy: Luke Hershall (or Luke Russett)
Girl: Wren Noeline

Really got tired of hearing the 'office' stories about Astrid. I did not get it from a tv show and am tired of having that conversation
Old 03-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #103
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post

Really got tired of hearing the 'office' stories about Astrid. I did not get it from a tv show and am tired of having that conversation
I like those a lot! That's too bad about Astrid. TV/movies seem to ruin a lot of great names these days. We love the name Forrest, but I think I would flip out with the "run Forrest run" jokes. Maybe my grandson can be named forrest!

Afm, Glad to say my OB didn't want me to risk going in and making the bleeding worse so as long as it doesn't get worse sitting here on the couch I am OK! So far so good. He also scheduled my c-sec for the morning of the 28th. Unfortunately my ob is going to be out of town for the six days prior so I have to meet with his partner in case I don't make it that long. Its weird having a date.

Mom to Joey (Feb 2010) and another on the way (Apr 2013)!
Old 03-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #104
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
really need to buy a baby book for the new baby. but why do they have to cost so much? Seriously? $30 for a book? This is a purchase I've been avoiding mostly cause I'm so behind on DD's that I'm like... meh. And somewhere, DD has a gorgeous 'first memories' box that someone got us.. need one of those for Star, as well. I'm sure they're way too expensive too. I hope I can find DD's. We really move too much - I can't find anything.

Oh you just reminded me that I need a baby book too. I usually get the calendars for their first year because it's easier to keep up on for me.
Love the names! I think Wren is a great name, and I love the middle name as well

AFM: My DH had a neat thing happen today. He does a women's coffee club for some of his clients to keep them updated, and today they all brought balloons and cards and gift cards for a daddy shower! It was very touching and thoughtful of them His office administrator stopped by with him after his event this morning, and said they've been calling her for a week to see if he suspected anything! What a great bunch of ladies
Old 03-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #105
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Wowza!
I've still been having random ctx, really mostly when I'm moving around. I'm having a lot of round ligament pain too. I think my body is adjusting to her going head down.
Me too. Ugh! What a pain....

Quote:
My brother is Luke. Those are beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Afm, Glad to say my OB didn't want me to risk going in and making the bleeding worse so as long as it doesn't get worse sitting here on the couch I am OK! So far so good. He also scheduled my c-sec for the morning of the 28th. Unfortunately my ob is going to be out of town for the six days prior so I have to meet with his partner in case I don't make it that long. Its weird having a date.
Hope things continue to go well, that would scare me to death!!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #106
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

thanks! I really like those names too!

update on my day, regarding the new hospital, an hour away that I'm supposed to see next week and then labor in for my VBAC.

Dr last Friday: the nurses will call you next week with information on your referral.
Dr today: oh, the people who were supposed to call you are in this base office, call them.
Other base office: no one was ever going to call you, we don't know why you didn't get your letter in the mail. Here's a number to call.
Number: beep boop BEEEP!!!P!P!P!P!P!! (fax line)
Internet search results: no record of your name, call this number
This Number: please leave a message, if we don't return your call, please call back later.

they're all quite lucky that I'm not an overly emotional pregnant lady.
I am, however, irritated enough that my craving to eat a banana split is back.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #107
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Didnt get my gbs swab bc they do the test on wednesdays. I was scheduled by mistake. The reason they dont is bc the sample is sent to little rock and wobt arrive until saturday when the lab is closed. So, she asked that i come back tomorrow and i will be priority. gah. My dh worked from home on his busy day for this appt and i could have saved gas driving all that way!!! Luckily, a friend can keep the kids tomorrow and w have a picnic lunch planned down there. Grrrr.

Eh well!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #108
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

that does sound frustrating! My GBS swab will be at 37 weeks due to other issues... can you just come back next week?
Old 03-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #109
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
not a lot to report here was an absolutely gorgeous day, so we walked to the park for a picnic lunch again. Had to take off my coat because it was so warm and I was sweating.

We were there about 30 minutes before a front rolled in and then it got super cold and windy. Mostly cold wind. And then walking home, it starts raining.. luckily, I just got pelted with a few drops and then it stopped.

still glad we got out. I am so ready for warmer weather to be here consistently. I am not a cold weather person.

I love the names they are so nice and perfect for baby and adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I like those a lot! That's too bad about Astrid. TV/movies seem to ruin a lot of great names these days. We love the name Forrest, but I think I would flip out with the "run Forrest run" jokes. Maybe my grandson can be named forrest!

Mom to Joey (Feb 2010) and another on the way (Apr 2013)!
When I am glad your ob did not want to risk anything that is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
Oh you just reminded me that I need a baby book too. I usually get the calendars for their first year because it's easier to keep up on for me.
Love the names! I think Wren is a great name, and I love the middle name as well

AFM: My DH had a neat thing happen today. He does a women's coffee club for some of his clients to keep them updated, and today they all brought balloons and cards and gift cards for a daddy shower! It was very touching and thoughtful of them His office administrator stopped by with him after his event this morning, and said they've been calling her for a week to see if he suspected anything! What a great bunch of ladies
OH I hope dh gets a baby shower--any chance his co-workers will give him cloth diapers

AFM: I had a Drs appt today. He thinks I will be going around April 4-8th. But we will see--I do think he is correct or close to being correct. Time will tell. I am due the 22nd.

I had all 3 kiddos with me and although they were good it is still 3 children 5 and under in a Drs office.

Afterwards we went to target and I got some rb flats, nursing tanks and lounge pants. I feel officially done--well except maybe for breast pads but I have some left over from last pregnancy and well I use a flat or pf while home until everything gets under control--so I am good to go.

I have an appt next week bc dr is going on vacation the week after so he wants to see me next week and then have a week off before we go every week.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #110
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been MIA for a good week! In and out of doctors and hospitals with 3 very sick kids. Dr kept Telling me all they had was viral for over a month! Fimially I took dd 23 months to the ER, she has pneumonia. DS 5 who is sever asthmatic, after forcing the dr to do a chest X-ray was as well diagnosed pneumonia and eat infection. Dd 7 was diagnosed with one of the most severe sinus infections they had seen in a long time. Throat completly blocked and coated in green mucus. She also had a 24 hr stomach flu that was horrific.
With all 3 on meds this seem to be On the mend. It exhausted me mentally and physically. There was 36 hrs I hadn't slept. It was brutal.
My asthma is acting up, or it may be the chest cold they started with.

Anyways, on the baby note, my BH have moved alot lower in my belly. Some period type cramps. I packed my bag for the hospitl. I am very excited!!