Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #11
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I got clara a big sis shirt at carters!!

Ive had a few random ctx here and there, but mostlt bh here.

So at church, i went pee, came back to sit and peed more.....like i thought was just a little. Got to restaurant and used potty, my jeans were a lil damp!!!! I even had a liner on! Thats just ridiculous!!! Oh, well well, another ctx......way low down.......

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm 36w2d based on short cycle but 36w tomorrow based on 40w from LMP. Either way I'm soooo close to full term. I've been very tired and weepy lately which for me are signs of impending labor. I've never gone earlier than 38w so I don't think anything is really going on. Just freaked me out a little.

My husband is traveling for work until the 11th so I hope babe stays put until then.

I have my GBS test tomorrow and really hoping for negative result. I'll keep taking probiotics, garlic and such through delivery even if negative though.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #13
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
I'm 36w2d based on short cycle but 36w tomorrow based on 40w from LMP. Either way I'm soooo close to full term. I've been very tired and weepy lately which for me are signs of impending labor. I've never gone earlier than 38w so I don't think anything is really going on. Just freaked me out a little.

My husband is traveling for work until the 11th so I hope babe stays put until then.

I have my GBS test tomorrow and really hoping for negative result. I'll keep taking probiotics, garlic and such through delivery even if negative though.
I have a short cycle too, i think it was averaging 25 or 26 days i have my gbs test on wednesday and have been taking my probiotics too. Ive always had an early us for dating, but not this time.

I have started my late pregnancy insomnia......actually this time i wake at 5am ish, last time it was 2-4am. So im tired:/
Old 03-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 3rd - 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Well I've started having a few random ctx.
So I'm shopping online for a new diaper bag. The one I ordered is way too small. Should have checked measurements. I tried putting a couple diapers, my wallet, extra outfit and it was stuffed.
the ctx stay away for another couple weeks, or at least don't cause anything to happen just yet!

Shoot. That stinks about the diaper bag. You could always use it later, when baby is bigger and it's a short trip or something. But definitely need more in there than that with a newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I'm more worried about my 2 hooligans waking the baby!!
You'll be surprised at how baby will recognize them and all ready be pretty used to their noise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
33 wks here, no contractions yet and so far so good with no pre-e signs anymore. My BP has been good, no protein in my urine, etc.

I did some baby laundry yesterday which was fun to put away and look at. washed our bucket seat cover and it's been hanging to dry.
That's great!

It's really starting to sink in for DH, just how close we're getting - which is funny, cuz I'm not in a huge rush myself. I did grab nursing pads and pacis today in town. First he said "Why are you getting those now?" Then right away "Holy cow. It's only next month!" Then "You need to get some stuff packed up soon just in case!"
We may be making room for Hiccup earlier than I thought, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
I'm new to joining in on the chat thread - my leave at work started this week so I've got some extra time now. Hope y'all don't mind me jumping in
Jump right on in for sure! Sorry about the ctx and time off needed - though maybe it's a good thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
My ds's birthday party was so much fun! I am sad that he can't grow up close to his cousins because they have such a good time. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the mfm and I am hoping he will say all looks good for a 37 week c-sec! Dh leaves Tuesday morning back to Alabama so I am hopeful that we make it to the scheduled date so he won't miss the birth.
I kwym. When BIL and his family were here it was awesome to see the kids all together, playing like they've always hung out. I wish we had that for the kids all the time.
for your appt, and for things working out for DH to be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
So at church, i went pee, came back to sit and peed more.....like i thought was just a little. Got to restaurant and used potty, my jeans were a lil damp!!!! I even had a liner on! Thats just ridiculous!!! Oh, well well, another ctx......way low down.......
Oh no! How annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post

I have my GBS test tomorrow and really hoping for negative result.
for babe to wait for daddy, and for GBS - for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
i have my gbs test on wednesday and have been taking my probiotics too.
for - for you too!
I picked up some probiotics today in town. Won't make a difference if the test was done at this week's appt, but I'm going to decline until the next appt anyways - and I'm really hoping to be able to push it till spring break. It would only be 2.5 weeks between... but then again I'd be 37 weeks then (EEP!!!). But given my past pregnancies (at term or past) I should be able to convince my OB to hold off until then
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

33 weeks today! LO is moving around quite a bit - "surfacing," I joke, and DH asks if I think it's a submarine. I jokingly compared LO to Mario in the old school Super Mario Brothers when he's swimming underwater - that's how I envision the baby in my belly.

Stocked up on quite a bit of postpartum needs over the weekend - EPO, teas, etc. Need to start loading up my hospital bags, since I still have all of my toiletries piled up on our small bathroom countertop.

Excited to see more people RSVP for our shower this month and items disappear from the registry.

Maternity photo shoot next weekend! I need to figure out what the weather's going to be like and what I'm going to wear!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #16
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

MY MIL went to a purse party today and ordered me a diaper bag. Not sure what it looks like bc mil has a hard time describing things and I have a heard time paying attention when I have a 5yr old 3 yr old and 18 month old that "KNOWS" when I am on the phone.
But I am excited. I have a diaper bag so an extra one would be nice, but I did not want to buy one.

I am not concerned with baby sleeping around loud noises or the children getting use to her noises. I just am concerned bc at any giving moment my 5 yr old could let out a ear piercing scream when he is playing bc that is what he does. There are many times I have almost drove off the rode bc it scares me. I constantly remind him he can not do that. But it happens from time to time--he is alot like me so I can not get to mad.

I will be 33weeks tomorrow and it seems so crazy. I have some breast pads from dd left over and I will probably get more, but after baby is here. I have enough of nursing bras and things to get me by if I do not get them all now. The 1st coupls weeks at home I usually just use a flat or prefold in my bra bc I become a FOUNTAIN and no breastpad is the answer.

I talked to dh about maybe gettting the children gifts from the baby. He was like "WHY?" I could not explain. I was just said, "Umm IDK maybe to make them feel special or part of it or not left out?" He just replied, "I think the kids know we like them." I thought that was funny but honestly if we got the kids a lollipop from the baby they would be so excited--I wouldn't give them lollipops though lol!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #17
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
You'll be surprised at how baby will recognize them and all ready be pretty used to their noise!
DD1 was ALWAYS waking DD2 as an infant. She's always been a terrible sleeper though... just now finally consistently sleeping through the night at age 2!! Hoping this baby is more like DD1 who slept like a rock. Of course, we didn't know she was functionally deaf at the time so I'm sure that helped with sleeping, but still....
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #18
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Crazy story I just found out today about my friend's labor/birth.

Guess after she got her epidural, they were napping a bit and the nurse came in to check her. She tells the dad 'the head is out!' and he looked, expecting to see like the baby crowning. But no, the head was just out. They have no clue how long the head had been out.

Another push or so and baby was out.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #19
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Crazy story I just found out today about my friend's labor/birth.

Guess after she got her epidural, they were napping a bit and the nurse came in to check her. She tells the dad 'the head is out!' and he looked, expecting to see like the baby crowning. But no, the head was just out. They have no clue how long the head had been out.

Another push or so and baby was out.
Whoa... how crazy! Glad it was an easy birth!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #20
LacyHolly
Registered Users

Finally got to start working on Baby's room this weekend! I had a mini melt down and started crying when we opened the box for the dresser and the styrofoam was all destroyed, half of the screws/bolts/nuts/etc. were scattered throughout the box, and the pieces were all scratched up...ugh. Luckily the next day were were able to return it and they had another one in stock!!! It's not done yet as we have no mattress, curtains, blinds, or any of the decorations on the walls...but here's a little preview! ...Even with the bad lighting, I think you can get the idea.

[/IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Looking for Thirsties fitteds with hook and loop
LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote