Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #21
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 3rd - 9th

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Crazy story I just found out today about my friend's labor/birth.

Guess after she got her epidural, they were napping a bit and the nurse came in to check her. She tells the dad 'the head is out!' and he looked, expecting to see like the baby crowning. But no, the head was just out. They have no clue how long the head had been out.

Another push or so and baby was out.
Wow! Thats amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacyHolly View Post
Finally got to start working on Baby's room this weekend! I had a mini melt down and started crying when we opened the box for the dresser and the styrofoam was all destroyed, half of the screws/bolts/nuts/etc. were scattered throughout the box, and the pieces were all scratched up...ugh. Luckily the next day were were able to return it and they had another one in stock!!! It's not done yet as we have no mattress, curtains, blinds, or any of the decorations on the walls...but here's a little preview! ...Even with the bad lighting, I think you can get the idea.

[/IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Very cute! Glad they were able to switch it out for you right away!!!

Well we got a ton of snow overnight. Huge drifts in our driveway, luckily I had already called off work because DS is having such a hard time and I may need to go to the city to get him a new RX. So DSD and I walked .5 mile down the driveway to the bus. DH got to the barn and hopefully he'll be able to get home at some point to plow us out.

Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #22
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Awe, cute nursery!!! Sry about the furniture fiasco:/

How crazy to have a head hanging out of her and not knowing o.O
Old 03-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #23
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
MY MIL went to a purse party today and ordered me a diaper bag. Not sure what it looks like bc mil has a hard time describing things and I have a heard time paying attention when I have a 5yr old 3 yr old and 18 month old that "KNOWS" when I am on the phone.
But I am excited. I have a diaper bag so an extra one would be nice, but I did not want to buy one.
How nice! I am sure it will be great- even just as a back up.

How strange and creepy that the baby's was out!

My appointment went great! My cervix length actually increased a cm! So on Wednesday I can schedule my c- sec for 37 weeks - 3 weeks from now. Woo hoo!

Mom to Joey (Feb 2010) and another on the way (Apr 2013)!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #24
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post

My appointment went great! My cervix length actually increased a cm! So on Wednesday I can schedule my c- sec for 37 weeks - 3 weeks from now. Woo hoo!

Mom to Joey (Feb 2010) and another on the way (Apr 2013)!
Thats awesome! The next 3 weeks will fly by!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #25
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Wow!! 3 weeks from now!?! How strange it must feel to know the exact day and actually prepare!!

Im worried labor will start on the one day my house is wrecked:/ i cant stand a messy house.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #26
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I have good luck finding big/little brother/sister stuff at the Carters store for those looking
I'm not sure I have a Carter's store nearby, but Thank You! I'll check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I have started my late pregnancy insomnia......actually this time i wake at 5am ish, last time it was 2-4am. So im tired:/
Me too! I can typically fall asleep between 12 and 2am, then up at 4am, then 6am. I'm soooo freakin' tired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Jump right on in for sure! Sorry about the ctx and time off needed - though maybe it's a good thing
Thanks I think it's a good thing. Baby B needs to stay in there for as long as possible!

Quote:

Guess after she got her epidural, they were napping a bit and the nurse came in to check her. She tells the dad 'the head is out!' and he looked, expecting to see like the baby crowning. But no, the head was just out. They have no clue how long the head had been out.

Another push or so and baby was out.
Whoa! That is crazy, I can't imagine.

Quote:
Finally got to start working on Baby's room this weekend! I had a mini melt down and started crying when we opened the box for the dresser and the styrofoam was all destroyed, half of the screws/bolts/nuts/etc. were scattered throughout the box, and the pieces were all scratched up...ugh. Luckily the next day were were able to return it and they had another one in stock!!! It's not done yet as we have no mattress, curtains, blinds, or any of the decorations on the walls...but here's a little preview! ...Even with the bad lighting, I think you can get the idea.

[/IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
That looks AWESOME! I'm glad they got the dresser switched out so quickly for you!
Quote:
That's great! Wow...3 weeks!!! I hope the time goes by quickly for you
Old 03-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #27
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
33 weeks today! LO is moving around quite a bit - "surfacing," I joke, and DH asks if I think it's a submarine. I jokingly compared LO to Mario in the old school Super Mario Brothers when he's swimming underwater - that's how I envision the baby in my belly.
Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I have a heard time paying attention when I have a 5yr old 3 yr old and 18 month old that "KNOWS" when I am on the phone.
WHY oh why are kids so great at that?! Mine can all be totally silent for hours... and then I have to answer the phone and everyone is loud as heck!

Quote:
That's awesome! I'd love for that to happen!!
Of course... I think without an epidural you would likely be able to feel all that happening, lol.

Quote:
Finally got to start working on Baby's room this weekend! I had a mini melt down and started crying when we opened the box for the dresser
Love the room!
Ugh, sorry about the dresser troubles - I woulda been upset too!

Quote:
but 3 weeks?!!!! Holy cow!!!!
If I knew I only had 3 weeks to go, I'd definitely be getting everything/one moved around here and getting things out/ready/washed. As it is, I keep telling myself there's still time, and Spring Break will be fine.

AFM: Snow day for DH and the kids today. We had french toast with berries and whipped cream, and bacon for breakfast

checked in town yesterday, still can't find the yarn I want! It's driving me crazy! Walmart used to have good yarn selection, but they redid the store and downsized the craft stuff a ton. Zellers had a really good selection, but they're closed now - Target is coming, but I don't know what they'll have and they're not open yet anyways. Michael's is the only other store that sells yarn, and they've had half empty shelves for weeks
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Midwife appt today. Baby is head down but facing forward. Been trying hands and knees today and I'm going to make sure I only sleep on my left side from now on.

There was a baby born 10 minutes before I arrived today so I had to wait a little. I got to read my chart which is always so neat. I love reading my labor notes. Today was the first time I realized that with baby#3 I went from 5cm and water breaking spontaneously to delivery in 18 minutes! Amazing.

I chose AROM at 7cm & 8cm with #4 and #5, respectively. Water break to Baby in arms was 30 for each of those.

All that only makes me think that I hope my labor doesn't start with SROM this time or I won't make it out of my house. Lol
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #29
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

beautiful nursery!

the birth story sounds both lovely and scary.. but I think that's why they have had so many issues with her? I dunno.. but she is now off the oxygen and out of the bili lights and got to go home today. So yay!

Fun day so far here, took DD to the park for a picnic lunch and playtime. Lots of fun.

Last night the girl who's going to watch DD while I'm in labor came over for dinner. I realized really quickly that I'm going to have to just let go of control for this, so I ended up saying 'you can do whatever you have to do to keep her happy while we're in labor'. Definitely a sweet girl and I'm glad she's willing to do it and I trust her. But when someone randomly offers DD juice and then asks her what her favorite tv shows are..... well, I can tell that our philosophies are different. For this occasion, I think I will just relax, let it go and whatever.

next up: figure out when DH and I can go on a date! This is likely to be our last date for the next year and a half... so.... that's pretty exciting... lol. Maybe we'll be able to arrange something when he comes home for mid-tour from Korea, but might as well just assume it's gonna be awhile.

I was wanting SROM/PROM again for this baby, but my doula assures me I don't. So, am hoping the waters break on their own sometime in the middle of the process
Old 03-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #30
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
All that only makes me think that I hope my labor doesn't start with SROM this time or I won't make it out of my house. Lol

I tried everything with DS1 and DS3 to get them OA - never worked. I talked to my nurse about it while laboring with DS1, that DD and DS1 (and then DS3, but he wasn't part of the conversation at that point, lol) were OP, and that I was myself when I was born. She said there are some mamas who can turn babies without work, and some mamas who do everything they can and baby stays face-up, and she thought it was something in the shape of mama's pelvis - not much you can do about that.
I'm not going to stress over it. I've done back-labor with 3 babies, heck, even had back labor with Elliana and she was so small it shouldn't have made a difference, so I'll get through it again if need be.

Quote:
Fun day so far here, took DD to the park for a picnic lunch and playtime. Lots of fun.

For this occasion, I think I will just relax, let it go and whatever.
Sounds like a lovely day! It's... not so lovely here. DH just spent a couple hours shovelling the driveway, but now the storm is picking up again. If the winds don't die down overnight, we may end up with another snow-day tomorrow. Oy. Definitely far from picnic weather, lol!

In this instance, for what you're needing this sitter for, I agree totally - you don't know how long, or what times of the day/night, she's going to need to stay with DD. Let them do whatever they do, as long as DD is safe and fed, that's the important thing. Let the little things go.

AFM: Sorted legos with/for the boys But I do have 2 loaves of bread rising and a peach/berry crisp in the oven for dessert, so there!
Oh crud... if this storm doesn't let up for tomorrow we're going to have to pantry dig, lol. I had been planning to go for groceries today - obviously ain't happening!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote