Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
melfinn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
upstate NY mamas?

I know we have a few in the areaas far out as Syracuse and Buffalo and then I am sure south in the city. But what about the Glens Falls/Saratoga area? Would like to meet some like minded mamas. And there is the "if only I were closer i could help" responses in some thread and sometimes I don't know if the mamas are close enough to help. Or this could be a place to ask for that help. Bidding my time for spring in our area. Anyone out here feel free to post and whatever! thanks, Melissa

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Roddyd
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: upstate NY mamas?

Hello I am upstate!! 2 hours north of Syracuse, I can see Canada.

My husband and I are from this area, but have lived in Syracuse for the last four years, and this past summer we have moved back to start a family and be close to family.

We spend a majority of our summer in the ADKS and on the river.
I am thirty weeks along with our first and we are planning to Cloth Diaper, I am desperately looking for some like minded Mommas in the area to share ideas with.

I seem to be having a very hard time with my friends and family accepting our approach to "green-parenting", and would love to know if there is anyone out there in this area who does.

Are you near Saratoga? Do you CD?

-Thanks! D. Roddy
Roddyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

DP just got offered a job in Saratoga today, so it looks like we're relocating! I was just looking for Albany area threads & saw this
Old 06-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
How are our CNY mamas? Anyone affected by the flooding? Oneida is my hometown and half of it is severely flooded, so we are going there this afternoon to drop off clothing and toiletry donations. Its just horrible to see my old stomping grounds completely destroyed Hope no one else is dealing with this!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our local (Syracuse) news has been running a lot of footage of all the flooding in the Oneida/Rome/New Hartford area. It's just so sad. I felt the same way when the Susquehanna flooded, along w/ most of the Souther Tier, several years ago.

Syracuse area has had only really localized stuff, though. My sump seems to be running most of the time, but at least it's running, KWIM?
Old 06-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
I just came back from Oneida. Its BAD. The worst part is, the people that lived in the areas that flooded, are some of the poorest people in the city I donated a ton of stuff and am going to see if I can shake more donations out of people.

The good news is, the local business owners are really helping out. Several places are offering free shelter and lots of free meals. I saw people in their front yards with their grills with FREE FOOD signs. It was so touching to me.

The flood water is still at 4-5 feet high in some areas. I've never seen anything like it in that area!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #7
melfinn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

carrieK38, have you moved to Saratoga? Did your Dp take the job? Saratoga is awesome for just about everything. Can be a little uppity and at time a partying type town/city! But beautiful!!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

DP took the job & we just returned our lease agreement today for a place just outside of Saratoga Springs. DP will be starting her job 7/21, so she'll move in before that & I'll be here trying to pack, hire movers, get some things stored at my mom's, sell whatever we can. I'm excited (I've never really considered being a SAHM before, but I will be now!), but worried about switching providers in the middle of a pregnancy & worried about trying to sell our house...but the apartment/townhouse we'll be taking for the year is bigger & possibly nicer than our house I haven't done much looking yet, but just on a quick search, it looks like there are plenty of mom/kid groups & such.

Hey, I'm just outside of Syracuse & we do the parks & zoo & Museum of Science & Technology when we can do it and some of the festivals in Syracuse, events at the state fairgrounds & such...are there a decent amount of family-friendly attractions & events around the Capital region too? I'll have a vehicle & am not afraid of driving, I just don't want to plan on weekly trips to someplace 2 hrs away or something. DD (3yrs) is in DC & gets to do tons of organized educational & play activities...I'm worried that I won't do enough to keep her thriving at home.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #9
bpirof
Registered Users
seller

Hi! I'm up in Plattsburgh! Not super close to you but not very far away!
bpirof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:03 AM   #10
lovehope1989
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I live about 40 mins from glens falls! I live in Mechanicville
lovehope1989 is offline   Reply With Quote