Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

Have you ever threw out something on accident?

Occasionally, I will toss or donate something and regret it later down the road. The other night, though, I threw something out accidentally. I had DS1's amber teething necklace that had a broken clasp. I have kept it with plans of fixing it for DS2. Well, DS2 is breaking out those top teeth, and they are killing him :-( I went to pull out the amber necklace to see if I can put another clasp on it, and it's gone. I remember pulling it out the other night with a bunch of other kid jewelry and only putting a few things back for DD to dress up with, and I think I tossed it The trash was taken to the dump the other night, so it's gone for good. I am sad and mad that I wasn't more careful when sorting. So, have you gotten rid of something accidentally or on purpose only to regret it later?

Advertisement

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: Have you ever threw out something on accident?

i got rid of the wall-e movie. I put it our garage sale once and later realized that the kids actually liked it...opps
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Yup. One of my favorite books. I still miss it and it was a reference book for me that I looked at all the time. Sad but it happens. Luckily things can be replaced like that.
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
passthepickles
Registered Users
Formerly: shannbannan
seller

My Mood:

It wasn't really accidentally, but I got rid of our salad spinner! I kept thinking "how much do I REALLY need this?" I had it on the counter in a purge pile and DH yelled at me and told me I had better not get rid of it. I was just thinking that its one of those unnecessary kitchen gadgets that society survived without for hundred of years, so I totally snuck it out when he wasn't looking and absolutely regretted it when we had to eat a wet salad one night! I ran out and bought another one the next day. Haha!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
photocat
Registered Users

I am sure I have thrown out a trash pack character, you know those little rubber/plastic collectible characters? My youngest wanted a particular one for Christmas, so I found it on the web and bought it, I think it even came from the US. But come Christmas time, I could not find it for the life of me. Still haven't found it, despite going through everything. I was on a mad get-rid-of-paper-receipts-old envelopes kick, and that's probably when it went.

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had bagged up some clothes to save for our yardsale and DH took them and donated them mistakenly. He was trying to help so I tried not to be mad, but it was a ton of really nice stuff!
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I feel really bad about this one... I donated our foster care coordinators coat. We picked up a big box of clothes and were in the middle of going through it all when she came by for a home visit. After we finished going through the box and adding our unused stuff, we donated the rest on freecycle. I remember the lady coming and looking through the box and I thought it was strange because I only remembered there being one long black (leather?) jacket.

A week later she asked if she'd left her coat here. I said no of course not but later on realized it must have been mixed up with the donated clothes. I felt just awful but luckily she had a really good attitude about it and was happy that it ended up donated to someone that had very little.

I think I've passed on a few other things unintentionally, but nothing that I've missed so I'm happy!
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

We donated DD's BRAND NEW Christmas dress, shoes, and hair bows 2 yrs ago We called the thrift store...they said they didn't have it. It was SO sad! It was a gift from my stepdad and we didn't have the heart to tell him so we went and bought the exact duplicates for nearly $50!