Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If your baby held head up and/or rolled over early..

Did they crawl and walk early, too?

My baby born in January was able to lift his head the day he was born and was holding head up full time by week 3. At 4 weeks he started rolling over and was already making crawling motions in tummy time. This is new to me as my first was always almost on the late side with learning how to do these things (Didn't roll over until some time in his 4th month, didn't crawl until his 10 month birthday, didn't walk without holding hands until nearly 17 months.)

I'm super proud of him but wouldn't necessarily want him to start walking and crawling really early, too! I want to enjoy his baby-ness for a while.

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: If your baby held head up and/or rolled over early..

My oldest was holding her head up quite steadily at 2 weeks, I don't remember when she rolled over, she crawled at 6 months, but didn't walk independently until 15 months. My son, I remember was crawling by 7 months, but didn't walk independently until 17 months. My youngest was holding her head fairly early, crawled around 6 1/2 months, and walked independently at about 12 1/2 months. So, not really any correlation between it all.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, but I'm pretty sure my kids are not the norm. They were active and awake from the second they popped out, I never had that "sleepy pet rock" stage everyone talked about. I'm hoping number 3 is a little more...lazy
Old 03-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My son his his head up shortly after birth. He rolled over by day 5. I have pics to prove it. He sat at 6 months, crawled at 9 months, and walked at 13 months. He was latest of my kids with all these mike stones.

My daughter was late holding up her head. I don't remember when she rolled over. She sat at 4 months, crawled at 4 1/2 months, walked at 9 1/2 months.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
DD rolled once or twice at 4 weeks, but only because she was really angry during tummy time. After that she didn't really roll much until she was four months old. She sat up, crawled, stood, and walked pretty quickly after that. She was full on walking unassisted by 9.5 months.

DS was a little more gradual with his stages, but was still walking by a year. I don't think he rolled over until 8 weeks.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DS was holding his head up right when he was born. The nurses even commented on it. When we were discharged, we got a lot of stares as I was holding him upright, tummy to tummy, and he was just turning his head, looking all around! LOL!

He was sitting up fairly well at 10 weeks (pictures to prove it!) and started crawling the day he turned 6 months old. But he didn't start walking until 9.5- 10 months. Still early, but later than my DD.

My DD didn't hold her head up right away, started sitting at 4.5 months, crawled at 7 months but was walking well at 8.5 months!

So you never know!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Both of mine had super head control from birth. DS crawled at 8 months, walked at 10. DD crawled at 6 and walked at 8. Both were average rollers, around 4 months I think.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

both of mine held their heads up & rolled very early. neither walked early DD was 16.5m & DS 13m when they started walking
Old 03-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #9
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

All 5 of my babies have sat independently by 4 months (two by 3 1/2 months), crawled by 6 months, and stood by 8 months (two by 7 months). However, I had two walk at 13 or 14 months, two walk at 10 months, and one walk at 9 months. The age at which they passed earlier milestones did not seem to affect the age at which they walked. I think babies do things when they are ready. You really can't speed it up or slow it down, they are on their own little curve.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nope- baby #2 was early with head control and rolling, but was late(r) to crawl and walk.
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote