Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #11
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If your baby held head up and/or rolled over early..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Yes, but I'm pretty sure my kids are not the norm. They were active and awake from the second they popped out, I never had that "sleepy pet rock" stage everyone talked about. I'm hoping number 3 is a little more...lazy
My kids were like this. My first was a little "sleepier" than my second who never slept at all but he was refluxy so he didn't sleep well. They both held their heads up early and were fairly alert. Both could roll early and crawl/sit up early. However while my youngest was climbing and walking by 8 months my oldest didn't walk until exactly 1year. My youngest was running by 9months, we just never could keep up with him. My oldest could pull up to standing by 6months and was cruising pretty early but he didn't want to let go to walk. Just different personalities I guess.

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #12
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

My 1st was the earliest at head control, rolling over, and sitting up, but he crawled and walked right on schedule. He walked at 11.5 months (which was just a few weeks earlier than his siblings).

My cooking blog- http://michellesnewrecipes.blogspot.com/
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #13
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

1 month rolled belly to back
5 months rolled back to belly, really started that at almost 7 months
7 months sat up and started crawling
8 months pulled up to standing
8.5 climbed up stairs
11 months first steps (from gram to pap and stole cracker)
11.5 months first steps self initiated (one end of couch to the other)
13 months started walking regularly

ETA - She held her head up in the hospital, picked her head up and looked around by about three weeks.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #14
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Yes, but I'm pretty sure my kids are not the norm. They were active and awake from the second they popped out, I never had that "sleepy pet rock" stage everyone talked about. I'm hoping number 3 is a little more...lazy
Wss

Sent from my droid
Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #15
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris
^^same here! ODS was born with head control and would roll to his side swaddled the day he was born. Fully rolling over unswaddled by 6 weeks. Didn't crawl until 8 or 9 months, but the day he started crawling he also started standing up unassisted from a sitting position. Walking independently by 10mos (actually later than I expected). Running by 11mos.

Ds2 was also a very alert, active baby, but not as fast with the mobility. I don't remember all his milestones, but he didn't walk unassisted until 13 mos.

Last edited by joeslittlewoman; 03-03-2013 at 08:39 PM.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #16
mommyinthesun
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't remember head control, but my son rolled both ways by 2 months, was sitting unassisted at 4 months, crawling at 5 months, cruising at 7 months. Walking! Ha!! 17 months

My youngest is approaching 3 months. She's head super head control since the moment she was born. She rolled back to tummy at 10days old. Did it a handful of times after that up until she was 4 weeks old. She hasn't rolled since, lol. She has been making attempts at it, but no success. She's also been making crawling motions since she was 2 weeks old. She can scoot around backwards when she's really mad
She likes standing(holding onto our fingers), but isn't steady enough to sit unassisted yet.
mommyinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #17
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

My 9 mo old was lifting his head at birth and rolled over when he was hours old- and he ever lost that so it wasn't a reflex. He was sitting I guess 4-5 mo, crawling by 6 and pulling to stand at 7. He has been cruising a while and can stand unassisted for a few seconds.

sry 4 abbrev, im 1 hnd-ed typng & nak frm my iPhone
Old 03-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #18
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

DS held his head up shortly after birth, Could roll back to front by 6 wks and was doing it everytime he was laid down on his back by 8 wks.

He crawled just after 6 mo.

He wasn't walking well until 13 mo.

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 03-04-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #19
crunch!910
Registered Users

My oldest did most things on the early side. Walked a day before turning 9 months old.

My youngest rolled over pretty early, sat up unassisted by 4 months, army crawled I think 5 or 6 months, crawling and standing by 7 months, walking by 8 months.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #20
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Both of my boys could hold their heads up from birth. DS1 rolled and crawled a little earlier than DS2. But they both started walking at 9 months. DS1 had a lot more floor time since he was the only child at that point. DS2 didn't get nearly as much floor time because DS1 was/is very active and would almost bulldoze over DS2 all the time. DS2 also liked being held a lot more and didn't really like being down by himself until he started walking.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote