Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #11
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

1 pair pjs, 3 shirts and 4 pants of DS's gone. Still leaves him with a ton of clothing choices.

And painting is done for today. I'm beat. This mini challenges have helped me purge while repairing or I would have never got this stuff out and ready to go.

Advertisement

Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #12
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Did Thursdays. Messy room was the dreaded toy closet. DS helped me and we de cluttered a bunch. I will revisit tomorrow and purge a little more. I am so proud he gave up some larger toys he doesn't touch. He even all on his own put some stuff in the donate bag saying "I don't need two of those". Love proud mommy moments.
Due with #2 2/14/16
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #13
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge: 3/4-3/8

^ Great job! Painting is always so much more work than I expect it will be. We just painted our living room a few weeks ago, and I painted a closet two weekends ago. I don't mind painting, but I hate how much it disrupts things, and how long it takes when you can't just focus on just that. We're planning on staining the trim in our living room in a couple of months, I'm dreading it!

I didn't get as much done today as I had hoped. After dinner I wanted to purge DD's closet and some of my own stuff while I put laundry away, but then DH had to do a bit more work and then it was time to get our son ready for bed. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

My "pick your own" is going to be our pantry this week. I need to buy a few more canisters/bins and then I can get started on that (either tomorrow evening or on Thursday). Will definitely do before & after photos!

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #14
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox
^ Great job! Painting is always so much more work than I expect it will be. We just painted our living room a few weeks ago, and I painted a closet two weekends ago. I don't mind painting, but I hate how much it disrupts things, and how long it takes when you can't just focus on just that. We're planning on staining the trim in our living room in a couple of months, I'm dreading it!

Thanks! Good luck to you. Trim is a witch.

While cleaning the messy area we just went through everything. It is super clean and I can see the floor!!!!! DS walked and and was super excited to see it all nice and neat.

I'm going to revisit fabric (Monday challenge) hopefully tomorrow since it is all stashed under my bed. If you all don't hear from me call the police. I'm either buried or had an anxiety attack.
Due with #2 2/14/16
Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 AM   #15
Shellyluwho
Registered Users
seller

Wow! Ladies you are amazing! I have finished mon and tues, I actually purged 2 garbage bags of linens. How crazy that I had all that junk in that tiny linen closet. I definitely need the paper challenge today, my paper sorter is very full right now. We are busy remodeling to sell still. I have painted seven doors and am ready to be done with it. The bathroom looks amazing and it's not even finished yet. DH made his own countertop out of stained and finished 2 x 4s and it is beautiful. The space I am dreading is the kitchen as that is where I have the most junk.

Last edited by Shellyluwho; 03-07-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Shellyluwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Paper clutter is easy as I've been staying on top of it. I did find some "art" work that needs to be recycled. So did today.

And put he bedroom back together. It feels like a magazine. All I need to do this weekend is paint DS bed blue and a nightstand blue. Those are maybes so I'm not putting them in the schedule just yet.

And I redid Mondays and got rid of 2 milk crates worth of fabric. And an under the bed bin. wow it feels good.
Due with #2 2/14/16
Old 03-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #17
lisa0842
Registered Users
seller

I just decided to click on the minimalist topic to see what it was. I definitely need to purge, but how do you decide how much to keep? Like for textiles? I purge to towels as they become ratty and use as rags, but I also do like to keep extra in case we have guests. And I also have lots of extra sheets for the kids because they still have accidents and sometimes don't have time to do laundry
I do have a good size linen closet and still have room to spare. I know I can get rid of some of the kids clothes. They have way too much. And I'm horrible with piles. How do you keep yours under control? Like my mail gets stacked in a pile until I go through it.
lisa0842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #18
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa0842
I just decided to click on the minimalist topic to see what it was. I definitely need to purge, but how do you decide how much to keep? Like for textiles? I purge to towels as they become ratty and use as rags, but I also do like to keep extra in case we have guests. And I also have lots of extra sheets for the kids because they still have accidents and sometimes don't have time to do laundry
I do have a good size linen closet and still have room to spare. I know I can get rid of some of the kids clothes. They have way too much. And I'm horrible with piles. How do you keep yours under control? Like my mail gets stacked in a pile until I go through it.
Start slow. This thread is weekly and each day is only 5 things. Like towels. You said you keep old ones as rags. Well start with your rags. Toss the oldest nastiest ones. Now you have room for those new rags. So you tossed say 5. Then you add 5 from your towels. Don't buy any more towels. 5 things gone.

Mail: go through it right then. We have a recycle bin right in front of the mailbox (apartment style). I sort all junk. Glance for letter junk. Toss it. Only keep important stuff. Go paperless where you can.

It take baby steps but once you get in the hang of thins it gets easier and more fun.
Due with #2 2/14/16
Old 03-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #19
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Week #10

Monday 3.4.13: Purge 5 "textile" items. Towels, rags, cloth wipes, linens, curtains, fabric, etc.

Tuesday 3.5.13: 2 pair pjs
2pair pants
2 shirts
1 pair pjs

Wednesday 3.6.13:
Cleaned the junk drawer of junk mail

Thursday 3.7.13: Purge 5 things from a "pile" or messy area you have in your home (I can't be alone in having a few of these, right?).

Friday 3.8.13: Your choice! Purge 5 items from a problem area. Focus on an area that you've been procrastinating on, that you pretend doesn't exist, that has gotten out of control, or that feels like it is too big for you to tackle because it overwhelms you. We can do it.

BONUS TASK #1: they are always clear. 15 mo is a grabby pants & he yanks it all of.

BONUS TASK#2: Give your stove top a good scrubbing. DONE

BONUS TASK #3: Wipe down your washer and dryer while you're doing some laundry this week.

BONUS TASK #4: bought myself some Wen hair oil & am ordering some CC cream

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

Last edited by P!nkPepper; 03-06-2013 at 07:46 PM.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #20
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge: 3/4-3/8

I got rid of 7 hymn books.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote