Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: 3 YO DD still not PT, am I a bad mom?

My dd wasn't potty trained until almost 3 1/2. I wouldn't worry.

Advertisement

tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
sundayrose
Banned

My Mood:
Smile Re: 3 YO DD still not PT, am I a bad mom?

I'm so relieved to hear I'm no the only one. I read through the potty training forum and it seemed like everyone's kids were most potty trained at 3 and I panicked!!..lol. I can't tell you all how this this site has helped me. I don't have many girlfriends since I just moved. No one else to vent to except my mom. Has anyone had an experience with MOPS or other types of social groups. I guess I feel like because I'm a single mother I wont have a lot in common with some mom groups..but maybe I'm wrong.
sundayrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
mississippimommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MY DAUGHTER WILL BE FIVE IN APRIL AND JUST RECENTLY GOT THE #2'S DOWN. DON'T STRESS. ALL LITTLE ONE'S LEARN AT THEIR OWN PACE.
mississippimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #14
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are so far from NOT being a bad mom!! Besides, if you are a bad mom, then I am sucktastic DS1 was not PLd til 3.5y.o. In fact, I really didn't think he would be able to go to preschool because he wasn't PLd til almost the deadline to enter preschool. DS2....yeah....that's a LONG story...but he wasn't PLd til 4.5y.o. O.o bout drove me MAD, but we hung in there. DS3....apparently isn't my child cause he was PLd before he was 3.

bottom line....all kids are different. They all learn things at their own pace. That goes for everything from talking to walking to PLing to reading and writing. Just embrace her for who she is, be patient, and be consistent. She'll get it when she gets it. And believe me, once she gets it, there will be no turning back

((hugs))
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
sundayrose
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn1270 View Post
You are so far from NOT being a bad mom!! Besides, if you are a bad mom, then I am sucktastic DS1 was not PLd til 3.5y.o. In fact, I really didn't think he would be able to go to preschool because he wasn't PLd til almost the deadline to enter preschool. DS2....yeah....that's a LONG story...but he wasn't PLd til 4.5y.o. O.o bout drove me MAD, but we hung in there. DS3....apparently isn't my child cause he was PLd before he was 3.

bottom line....all kids are different. They all learn things at their own pace. That goes for everything from talking to walking to PLing to reading and writing. Just embrace her for who she is, be patient, and be consistent. She'll get it when she gets it. And believe me, once she gets it, there will be no turning back

((hugs))

"Sucktastic" is my new favorite word, that is Amazing..
sundayrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #16
Mommy201
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Please don't worry!! She will do it when she is ready. My daughter turned 3 in December and just 10 days ago said "I don't want to wear diapers anymore" and that was that. We tried to bribe her too, stickers, candy, etc. but it didn't really affect her using the potty. I was trying so hard and getting so frustrated with it but potty training truly is easy when you let them decide to do it when they are ready. I was afraid my daughter wouldn't be ready by September for school but I think she will be okay. She also still sleeps with her paci, and attempts to bring that thing wherever we go (drives me nuts) but I tell myself she will get rid of that when she is ready too.

I have to frequently remind myself that just because friend 1 has potty trained her 18 month old and friend 2's child gave up the paci by himself at 13 months or whatever the case may be, that I cannot compare my daughter or attempt to force her to do anything that she's not ready for. It's natural I think for us moms to want our kids to do everything at the same time as our friend's kids but that's just not the case. Hang in there, she will do it when she is ready and you will feel so proud of her! Oh and you are a FANTASTIC mom I'm sure of it!
Mommy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #17
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy201

I have to frequently remind myself that just because friend 1 has potty trained her 18 month old and friend 2's child gave up the paci by himself at 13 months or whatever the case may be, that I cannot compare my daughter or attempt to force her to do anything that she's not ready for. It's natural I think for us moms to want our kids to do everything at the same time as our friend's kids but that's just not the case. Hang in there, she will do it when she is ready and you will feel so proud of her! Oh and you are a FANTASTIC mom I'm sure of it!
This!

I'm working on it with my LO she's 32 months old. Her big issue was not being able to actually let go to pee.

What really helped her get the idea were a couple of books about being potty trained. Diapers are not forever and one by Karen Katz were the two big favorites. They seemed to help her see the whole scheme of what was going on.

We don't make a big deal of it either way. I ask her if she wants to wear diaper or undies after each change. Some days are diaper days and others not. That way it's her choice which can be a big deal at that age.

Just yesterday she stopped in the middle of playing at McDonald's to tell me she needed to pee and actually went. I was so excited! Now onto the poop ...
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #18
joyfullyliving
Registered Users
seller

NOT a bad mom. You are doing everything you can to give her what she needs. When you are ready to tackle it, try Oh Crap Potty Training (just google it). Someone in here suggested it to me. Gave me the confidence I needed to help my daughter. You're a great mom. And as a PP said - don't compare yourself. You have a unique situation, a unique kid and you aren't any other mom. Hang in there!! Glad you have support around you.
SAHM to S 10/09 and A 8/11 and expecting #3 1/14 and wife to my

Blessed. Thankful.
joyfullyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #19
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not a bad Mom at all.

They all do things in their own time.
My first 3 pt 20-24 months. I would love to take credit for it and say I'm a good Mom, but I had nothing to do with it. They just decided to try.

They have all been late walkers though. Dd2 is 15 months and yet to take her first step. People comment on it and I try not to let it bother me.

Both of my DSs were late talkers as well. I wondered if it was my parenting. Both DDs talk well at early ages though.

Last edited by mommy24babes; 03-19-2013 at 01:31 PM.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
My oldest was 4 before fully trained. My second girl is almost 2 & she's been showing signs of wanting to do it not that i'm posting her to yet. So no your aren't a bad mom. Kids train differently.