Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:48 AM   #1
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:
Nesting

Have YOU begun the crazed cleaning/organizing yet?
I've been feeling the urge lately, but it really kicked up a notch this weekend. Friday night I suddenly found myself on my hands and knees scrubbing out my refrigerator(that really didn't LOOK dirty, but it felt like it to me ). Saturday I felt like I needed to sew every bit of fabric I had available and went NUTS sewing for my older kids until I ran out of some supplies and had to stop, but proceeded to cut out five more projects for when I DID get more of the supplies I needed.
All day yesterday I busted tush washing every bit of laundry in the house, then suddenly realized my living room carpet was gross(it felt that way, anyway). So I spent an hour after the kids were in bed steam-cleaning.
Wondering what is going to hit me today that I simply MUST DO OR GO MAD!

Advertisement

KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop

Last edited by KumfyKozies; 03-04-2013 at 04:49 AM.
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nesting

Well I think it hit me early, I completely redid and cleaned the playroom, cleaned out all the closets, the nursery is completely done, the kitchen cabinets are cleaned out, our bedroom is rearranged to fit the cosleeper. My Mom and I have plans to organize my sewing room in 2 weeks
Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Yes, i did alot friday and have plans to do more this week. Like cleaning out bathroom cabinets.

I even cleaned baseboards friday
Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

I sort of have in that I'm making progress on my list in a big way. But it's really just a matter of having a lot more time and energy now that i'm done work. It snowed like crazy yesterday and that kept me in... got my new blinds up in my room and the baby's. One of my cats passed away last week too not exactly unexpected but sooner then anyone thought so I've been cleaning away his things (my cats don't share stuff) because it was just making me sad to look at it all.

Not the manic energy fueled stuff they tell you happens... but at least I'm accomplishing stuff.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I've gone through every room except the garage and taken a ton to goodwill, reorganized everything, got babies room all set, washed baby clothes, packed hospital bag, installed carseat. I have this urge to scrub the fridge too!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
elmojr
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just hit the nesting stage. My husband hates it when I get it. All things in the house that haven't been used in at least a year get donated or tossed. I've been through the kids things and have to wait until baby is born in May to have a garage sale and get rid of some clothes, etc. I was hoping to find out sex at 20 week appt, but baby was shy. Now I have to store things a few weeks more until He/She arrives and lets me complete that part of my nesting.
elmojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would like to start getting things out... but we don't have the room yet so I have to wait. DH has been planning to get the room built for DD downstairs (she'll move down, DS3 will move from our room to her's) over spring break - that's the last week of March, so I'll be 37 weeks. Not sure if that's too late or not! Only time will tell, lol!
Since March came he's suddenly realized how close we're getting, though, so I'm not sure he'll wait until spring break to move the kids

I didn't do anything before 37 weeks for DS3, though, and was totally fine - went to 41+4!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

No. We are renovating our "weekend" house, and are probably moving out of our "work" house in a few months, so everything is a complete disaster. I'm not even going to bother.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #9
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

still no real nesting here.

but realized we probably should get some things out, so DH installed the bucket bases in our cars and I need to get the swing out of the garage and put the crib back together and wash the bucket stuff.

maybe next week....................... lol
Old 03-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #10
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Argh. Sorting lego with the boys - I suppose that will quench some of the nesting urges... but not as helpful in the "getting ready for baby" way as I'd like!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote