Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #11
bananaclip
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nesting

I decided to go through my file cabinet and every old filed paper, product manual, receipt, piece of ephemera, yada. I haven't done that in years. I justified it as necessary before the baby comes, my husband is so smart not to argue

Advertisement

bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #12
Blessed2005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am nesting bad and have been for a least a month. I did too much and now I am on semi-bedrest for contractions. It's killing me to look at the crap that still needs to be done and just lay here. I had plans to reorganize/declutter the whole house b4 ds2 came, I guess I had too lofty of a goal. I did managed to do the living room, foyer and entryway closet, linnen closet, switched dd and ds rooms since the boys needed the bigger room for sharing. I still need to tackle my room and the kitchen......the biggest disasters! And dh is going to paint our bathroom on his spring break. Maybe when I can get up and do again, I will still have the urge.....a girl can hope!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #13
lina81
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I've sort of been there for a couple months...it hit hard sometime in January, and comes and goes. I have a huge list in my head of all the stuff I want to get done before baby comes. It's been hard because we've moved twice since November, and I had a lot of organizing to do anyway. Plus I didn't know where a lot of baby stuff was until we emptied our storage unit last week...so I've been focusing on all the stuff I need to organize/clean/buy around the house. Just this week I started washing baby clothes, so that feels good, and I finally feel like I have an adequate diaper stash. Now I'm scouring craigslist for an infant carseat, cradle, etc. because we didn't keep a lot of those things after my first one grew out of them (it was all hand me down stuff that I just passed on).
lina81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
DH is nesting.
Already said he installed the bucket bases this past weekend.

Tonight he got out the swing and put it back together, then he switched the toddler bed back into the crib.

DD is really excited or confused. Or both.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #15
LacyHolly
Registered Users

I think I've started the nesting phase...or that's what I've been told is going on...I personally think that going from working 55+ hours a week (split shifts with 4 hours sleep in between, haha) down to 32-40 hours with the option of normal 7-8 hours of sleep at a time has just given me more energy! I've been working on stocking up our freezer for when I'm not working. We also FINALLY got to start working on Baby's room!! So, OF COURSE, I've been going crazy trying to figure out decorations and putting things away and such.

Looking for Thirsties fitteds with hook and loop
LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #16
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
DD is really excited or confused. Or both.
likely both!
for DH getting stuff done though - obviously he's excited!

I'm thinking about how the rooms will change (what furniture will move where, etc)... not sure thinking counts though, lol.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #17
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post
I am nesting bad and have been for a least a month. I did too much and now I am on semi-bedrest for contractions. It's killing me to look at the crap that still needs to be done and just lay here. I had plans to reorganize/declutter the whole house b4 ds2 came, I guess I had too lofty of a goal. I did managed to do the living room, foyer and entryway closet, linnen closet, switched dd and ds rooms since the boys needed the bigger room for sharing. I still need to tackle my room and the kitchen......the biggest disasters! And dh is going to paint our bathroom on his spring break. Maybe when I can get up and do again, I will still have the urge.....a girl can hope!
This is pretty much where I'm at now. I nested like crazy for a couple of months and now I can't do anything but look at the stuff that still needs to be done. It's driving me completely bonkers!!! DH and a friend moved furniture around last weekend so the big bedroom switch is almost done! My SIL will be here tomorrow and is staying for about 2 weeks, she has promised to help me finish up some things. Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I'm thinking about how the rooms will change (what furniture will move where, etc)... not sure thinking counts though, lol.
Yes, thinking counts!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #18
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really need to jump back on board the nesting train. I've doing little administrative things, but not clean-up items around the house. I was doing great for a week or so, but then DH and I both had drill the last two weekends and didn't get anything done. I'm doing freezer meals with another pregnant friend this weekend!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #19
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Cleaned out the kitchen junk drawer. It's still full of junk... But less of it. And went through a closet.

I think most of my 'nesting' at this point is actually related to our possible impending move in Sept. I'm the type who starts to pack boxes 6 months in advance. Since I'm not packing, hopefully, that means I start going through everything and throwing stuff out. I get less and less sentimental with every move.

Put batteries in the swing and DD apparently thinks its her personal radio. She loves to turn it on and tell us 'good job turning on the music!' She's still in this mode where she tells us what she wants us to say.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #20
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I can't go to bread if I don't CLEAN everything!! I mean steam the floors dishes laundry everythn f