Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #11
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: HS Check In March 4-19

I don't see how all you people get stuff done in the afternoon! Here if it doesn't get done in the morning, it doesn't get done. I'm sure it's just the way my kiddos function right now, but we start early so we can get done early. If we don't have everything done by lunch, it will have to wait til tomorrow, lol.

It's past lunch time here so we are done. Fairly light day today as it is my birthday and we have some errands to do this afternoon.

Advertisement

jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #12
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Heading out the door for our meeting with our supervising teacher....wish me luck.
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #13
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I don't see how all you people get stuff done in the afternoon! Here if it doesn't get done in the morning, it doesn't get done. I'm sure it's just the way my kiddos function right now, but we start early so we can get done early. If we don't have everything done by lunch, it will have to wait til tomorrow, lol.

It's past lunch time here so we are done. Fairly light day today as it is my birthday and we have some errands to do this afternoon.
~~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~~~
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #14
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are taking this week off. It started as being off because I want to get the schoolroom done, and now I am taking care of sick kids, DS had it sunday, DD has it today, and I am hoping the littlest doesn't get it or DH or I get it. Back to the grind come monday.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #15
7mom7
Registered Users

CC this morning and now I must get some work done! Hoping for a productive afternoon and lots of independent play from the kids.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #16
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysweetseven View Post
Heading out the door for our meeting with our supervising teacher....wish me luck.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysweetseven View Post
~~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY~~~
Thanks.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #17
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Jen, I think a lot of it has to do with personality and how your home works. When the kids were younger and needed me for basically all of their schoolwork, we accomplished everything in the morning. Now that they don't need me quite so much I let them set their own schedule (within reason). Some days they are still finished before lunch and sometimes they aren't.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #18
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

school went great today <3 no terrible whining or grumbling!! we did a sorta new Bible verse study today. It's one I knew about but had completely forgotten about called Seeds. It's got songs and copywork and color sheets, so all my boys can participate. They loved it! yeah!
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #19
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Jen, I think a lot of it has to do with personality and how your home works. When the kids were younger and needed me for basically all of their schoolwork, we accomplished everything in the morning. Now that they don't need me quite so much I let them set their own schedule (within reason). Some days they are still finished before lunch and sometimes they aren't.
I agree. DS and I do one thing after lunch on the days he has prek and that is pushing it. Even though he doesn't really do anything mentally challenging in prek, he's still exhausted come lunchtime. I do try to get in at least 10 minutes of reading or math in though.

The girls are older and I've really tried to give them leniency in when they do their work. It's independent for the most part, so that's a choice they can have. I'm having trouble with DD2 putting things off until it's too late though, so I'm reining her in a little. She could start after lunch, but she has to do her work downstairs so I can be sure it's getting done. She's not too happy with me right now!
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #20
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

When the older two started getting more independent, we had a time they had to have it finished by if they wanted electronic time. This year we haven't had to do that, but I let them know that we would put it back into effect if we needed to.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote