Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #71
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HS Check In March 4-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysweetseven View Post
I made an executive decision today to take an impromptu spring break. I've been so stressed trying to get our house ready to sell, DS's graduation, school work, running back and to my other boys in PS's schools. DS (14) in in Jr High in one school about 20 miles away, yesterday I made 3 trips to his school (early practice, pick up after school and sports banquet). I've also been dropping off and picking up DS (18) at his school because his car died around Christmas and won't have the money together for his next one until the end of the month.......I need a break just to get the house under control, decluttered and packed up. I can't seem to concentrate on one thing at a time....my mind is on overload. LOL

We will still do Math and Reading everyday as we are a bit behind from being gone almost a week and state tournament last month.

With that being said, I'm posting a thread for some advice on a kindergarten curriculum, if any of you have any great recommendations please jump over and let me know.

Have a great day everyone.
'

i would take a break too!!

afu: we didn't do anything today i had Bible study here at my house today, and then went to the grocery, and well, the day just slipped away i did read to the littles, and DS1, for whatever reason, stayed up last night to do some CC review sheets. tomorrow is CC, and i have to prep for that :/ and then friday is back to the grind i guess

Advertisement

lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #72
R055ANA
Registered Users

Hello there everyone!

Mysweetseven, good for you on deciding to take a break. I promise you that your children are learning lots even during this time where you aren't focused on academics.

lyn1270, don't feel bad about not doing anything yesterday some days are like that. Hope CC went well and that tomorrow is a good day.

Some of you may remember my post about the East Asia program. I wanted to take a program for educators to teach students about East Asia but the leaders weren't sure if they wanted to let me participate and if they did whether I should get the grant to buy materials and the stipend. I was accepted into the program and I should @ the end get the stipend and the grant. Well, the program is about half way thru. We had a session last night and my group had to do a presentation on a novel called A Single Shard. So we had to read this book and then think of ideas on what we could do to teach it to students. The book was great and it included a copy of the author's Newbery acceptance speech. I wrote a summary on the speech and the author's note at the end. Our presentation went really well. People were really happy w/ what we presented. The leader wanted to ask me a question about her grandson and reading but she got interrupted so I didn't get to hear the question. The other teachers I was working w/ also did great things and I was saying how I would love to borrow some of the materials they created. One teacher made some great visuals on Korean pottery which I would love to use for our literature circle and another teacher told me she is buying 13 copies of the book and I told her I wanted to borrow her books. I love the idea of homeschooling parents and teachers networking together. I also love showing the classroom full of educators that I can totally hold my own when given an assignment.

Now I better talk about my kids. My oldest has been on a quest to get more penpals. She just finished a letter today to send to Australia. I was @ the library today and I got her an algebra text book for free. They were giving it away. I am not sure she will be able to use it right away since it is algebra for college students. The other 2 girls have been listening to an audio book and playing together. Tomorrow I may take them to the children's museum.

Looking forward to hearing more from each of you.
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #73
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mysweetseven, wow!!! Your day sounds sooo busy!

Thanks for sharing your day, and to other ladies who shared their days too because it really helps me feel better. I have been feeling like I'm trying to do way more than what one person can handle everyday and trying to play catch up all the time.
I was joked to my husband today I think we need a claim number service like the one you get at deli section of grocery stores so I can handle one child at a time. I acutally need my houseworks to have numbers too haha. Today I was doing way too may things and burned the dinner.
Yesterday, was it? I had to actually write down on my to-do list to clip my nails, or I'm so busy that I'd forget.

It's nice to see that I'm not the only busy person.
And it's also nice to see that other people take day offs too and just pick right back up and do just fine.

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #74
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

As terrible as it sounds, I nave no idea what my kids did for school today. My allergies have been bothering me all week, so I am tired, have a headache, and my voiceis about shot. Autumn keeps telling me I sound like I am dieing. I don't feel that bad, though. Anyway, trying to get ready for our trip, so while the older two did something for schoolwork (I did see Aiden with his science book and notebook), I paid bills, did the checkbook, and did a load of laundry (well, the washing and hanging part -- still needs to be folded). After lunch we went to Whole Foods for noodles (forgot to place my co-op order this month --oops), went to a shoe store and I bought a new pair of sandals (Birkenstocks), did grocery shopping at the commissary, went and got the girls' bowling balls drilled (I even got a free ball), stopped at the library, got calzones at Mazzio's for dinner, and came home. I was very tempted to stick the younger two in the bed of the truck. They were awful. Tomorrow I have to finish getting the house ready for me to be gone, get rewdy for the trip, a bit more errand running, and Friday lunch. School may or may not happen and I am okay with that.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #75
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
As terrible as it sounds, I nave no idea what my kids did for school today. My allergies have been bothering me all week, so I am tired, have a headache, and my voiceis about shot. Autumn keeps telling me I sound like I am dieing. I don't feel that bad, though. Anyway, trying to get ready for our trip, so while the older two did something for schoolwork (I did see Aiden with his science book and notebook), I paid bills, did the checkbook, and did a load of laundry (well, the washing and hanging part -- still needs to be folded). After lunch we went to Whole Foods for noodles (forgot to place my co-op order this month --oops), went to a shoe store and I bought a new pair of sandals (Birkenstocks), did grocery shopping at the commissary, went and got the girls' bowling balls drilled (I even got a free ball), stopped at the library, got calzones at Mazzio's for dinner, and came home. I was very tempted to stick the younger two in the bed of the truck. They were awful. Tomorrow I have to finish getting the house ready for me to be gone, get rewdy for the trip, a bit more errand running, and Friday lunch. School may or may not happen and I am okay with that.
I Mazzio's! They closed all the ones near us. I think the closest one I've seen is 90 minutes away.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #76
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, yeah, school stuff. We did it with only minimal grumbling from DD2. I arranged with the parochial school librarian to loan DD2 a few books that she can't get at the public library in exchange for donating a few of her books she's already read. I really like that the school is willing to support us however they can. I feel bad that enrollment is dropping there, but I think extending a friendly hand to hsing families is an awesome idea. Maybe it will help them out in the long run.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #77
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Turns out we took the whole week off. We've had the sickies and I'm finally better today, but it's Friday. It doesn't seem worth it to do just Friday. And I've been so sick that I haven't been able to play with the kids, so we're going to play today. It's supposed to be great weather too, and hopefully I get at least somewhat caught up on laundry, dishes and the like.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #78
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

College visit today for older DS...does that count as school?? LOL

Hope everyone is having a great day and enjoy the weekend!!
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #79
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sorry for all of you that are sick ((hugs)) feel better soon, and remember, we can never do worse than PS even if we miss a week......or 3

AFU: we basically did nothing again .... sigh....yeah, I'm amazing LOL. yesterday was CC and a good day. DS2 is participating more and more and that just makes my heart sing <3 today, i only had DS1 do phonics as he's almost done w/his math for the year and his reading isn't an issue. DS2 did Reading Eggs on the computer while DS3 watched. and DS2 "wrote" a letter to his Gma (Sasha), so I counted that as school he wrote his name, drew her a picture, wrote her name & GPa's name, and then put it in an envelope and mailed it <3 and now DS1 & DS2 are at a play date til 4:30 so it's just DS3 & me sitting on the deck enjoying this glorious day! And no...i'm not gonna catch up on housework because....well....i don't want too
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #80
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

We haven't done school today in the traditional sense, but we have logged some hours and it's been a great day. We've read a lot, I read to them and they read to me, played outside, drew and wrote birthday cards for my mom, took a nature walk to look for signs of spring....I had been missing the kids while I was laid up, so I'm really enjoying it a lot.

As a bonus, I've finished most of the laundry and the dishes. Who could ask for more?

My stomach is still grumbling a bit but I'm hoping that's just a pregnancy thing.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote