Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

First Birthdays

Before I go on, I totally get my child will have zero recollection of her first birthday party or clue and it's mostly for us as her parents.

Has anyone done or is planning to do a massive first birthday bash? I am kind of torn as to whether we should do a huge party or something more personal, but still with nice decorations and a neat custom birthday cake.

I am debating themes. I don't like cartoon character stuff or cheesy themes. Anyone have some cool ideas for a unique summer themed party? I have been prowling Etsy for ideas but can't decide.

Advertisement

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: First Birthdays

We did circus for ds2. Target had cute plates, napkin and banner, so I picked it. And it is so fitting for my little monkey.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
kkleinman
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
Before I go on, I totally get my child will have zero recollection of her first birthday party or clue and it's mostly for us as her parents.

Has anyone done or is planning to do a massive first birthday bash? I am kind of torn as to whether we should do a huge party or something more personal, but still with nice decorations and a neat custom birthday cake.

I am debating themes. I don't like cartoon character stuff or cheesy themes. Anyone have some cool ideas for a unique summer themed party? I have been prowling Etsy for ideas but can't decide.
We did a big birthday, but we have a lot of family. We invited lots of friends too. We did everything outside, had a BBQ, set up sprinklers and a slip n slide, and had lots of water balloons. There were a ton of kids there and everyone had a blast. We just did blue and green balloons, streamers and tablecloths.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

We did a medium to big party. All the family, and several longtime friends.

For summer you could do like a gardening/flower theme, bubbles, beach... so many options
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
blackberry75
Registered Users

Well, we didn't do huge or anything, but it was large to us. For my 4yr old, Gman, we did Pixar's Cars because he actually was in love w/ Lightening McQueen and Matar. I made cupcakes, a smash cake and car shaped cookies that I decorated like McQueen (to the best of my limited ability). Black and red plates, streamers, etc; Cars banner. Kids games where a "racing" game (floor mat with roads on it and matchbox cars) and free pritable coloring pages.

For this Bean, we're doing a larger party with lots of new friends we've made since Gman was little. We're doing rainbow/balloons. Decorations will be, surprise surprise, colorful balloons. I got some cute plates/napkins at the dollar store w/ balloons on them, will be making a rainbow cake. Games will be pin the cloud on the rainbow and making edable necklaces w/ yarn and Froot Loops. The invites also asked people to wear their favorite color.

I see the first b-day as nothing more than an excuse to see friends in a kid friendly way-and I'll take whatever reason I can. We don't have a lot of family in this area.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

We did a big party because I wanted to go all out. We went with an owl theme. It was super cute. If you can afford it, go for it! I don't think you would regret it!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

We did a big party because I wanted to go all out. We went with an owl theme. It was super cute. If you can afford it, go for it! I don't think you would regret it!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

What I think about June, I think about roses. A rose-themed party might be beautiful.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

We do big bday bashes. This one will esp be big bc il's haven't even met keola yet!
My 2 yr old's 1st bday party was sharks & keola's will be music. One of his middle names is Audio and it's fitting for him. We will have tons of family over for lunch and I'm planning on making a dj turntable cake

sry 4 abbrev, im 1 hnd-ed typng & nak frm my iPhone
Old 03-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #10
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

for my son's first party we did a non-scary looking dinosaur theme, it was so cute!

you could also do a rainbow theme, that is a fun summer one... under the sea, jungle safari, any colors that you like-theme (such as pink and brown, etc)