Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
Registered Users
Best homeschooling resources for husband?

I have been exploring the possibility of homeschooling and am pretty much ready to jump on board, but my husband is in the midst of a very busy time and hasn't been able to research for himself or spend much time in discussion about it. He has asked me to collect a few resources I would like him to look at once he has time that will lay out the basics of the homeschooling decision for him. I've looked at so much that I'm not remembering where I got what, so I don't know what to show him.

What are some brief but helpful resources for helping someone understand homeschooling and consider whether it is for them?

Jennifer - wife to Benjamin and mama to Elden (2011)

dreamingoffireflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
formerly R***and**********
Re: Best homeschooling resources for husband?

What I would do is start with a handful of key reasons why you want to homeschool. What about HSing makes it the better choice for your kids, your family?

It's different for every family. It might be the social aspect, or you may wish your kids to be challenged more than they would get in public school, you might want to be able to tailor a curriculum to meet your kids needs, to teach according to their learning style, etc.

Whatever the most important things are to you and your dh regarding educating your kids, collect a handful of sites/etc that go into more detail about why HSing addresses the issue in a better way. List the other reasons. Ask him what he thinks. And go from there.

threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote