Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #21
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HS Weight Loss Thread- March

Darn Girl Scout cookies!

Advertisement

2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #22
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse View Post
Darn Girl Scout cookies!

ugghh...those things are from Satan himself...smh
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse View Post
I'm on board too! Just wish I would've read this last night before consuming McDonald's this morning!

Height: 5'6"
SW: 174
CW: 168
GW: 150

I called the Y yesterday and asked about income based membership. It would cost $46/month to join the Y and we cannot afford that right not. They said that our income would put us at the 50% off rate, so DH and I are going to sit down and see if we can afford $23/month. I think we'll have to make it work-that's less than one copay and I'm hoping that increased activity will save us on medical expenses.

It's my goal to completely eliminate refined grains and drastically reduce sugar consumption. I must get the Girl Scout cookies out of my house!!!

7mom7: congrats on starting back on WW! Good luck!
welcome! i can't afford a gym right now either. maybe in a few yrs it will be in the budget, but right now it's just now :s good luck w/the grains & sugar! I think sugar is a big thing for a lot of mamas. A lot of times we are already soooooooo tired. Then our body says GIVE ME ENERGY which we interpret as SUGAR...ugghh...vicious cycle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mom7 View Post
Lol, I've been avoiding the girl scouts at every turn! We have gym access but there is no childcare so it's getting there that it the problem. $23 seems like a good value. Yesterday I did 30 Day Shred. Hoping to do the same today.

I had a WW smoothie this morning with Almond Plus milk, blackberries, and a banana so it was 15g of protein which seemed to satisfy me for longer. About to go make a healthy decision on lunch. So far so good, I'm not starving but I do still have the sweet/carb cravings. Hopefully my willpower will eventually get stronger or the types of food I'm craving will change.
WTG on the good choices mama!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysweetseven View Post
Joining as well, thanks for starting 7mom7---

Let me just get the hard part over with....

Height: 5'4
SW: 225
GW: 140-150
Dreamworld GW: 125

I don't remember exactly when I lost control, somewhere between pregnancy 4 and 5 I think??? I have never been "thin" by most peoples standards, I always had more of an athletic type build (KWIM?), but in the last few years I have really packed on the pounds

I am headed back to WW tomorrow as well, my biggest thing with WW has been that I have to go to the meeting for accountability, but something always seems to come up, usually one of the kids after school events. I do great the first few weeks, miss a few weeks and then just don't go back....staying consistent is my problem. That and since I turned 40 the weight just won't budge. I was walking 3 miles a day this summer and barely lost anything ???

I've got to stick with it though, I can tell my health is starting to take a toll. I have to tell myself that I need to do this for my kids that I'm around for them many years to come.
I so feel you on When Did This Happen?? 2 yrs ago I was running 3 miles day, 4 or so days/week, counting WW pts, and eating really well.....didn't lose an ounce O.o bout made me CRAZY. It just seems like my body is all out of whack since I turned 40 (I'm 42 now). In my 30s, I had no problems dropping the pounds after the babies. But now, that stuff just won't budge but I know we can do this mama!! More power to the 40s!! Woot!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mom7 View Post
Welcome! I'm excited to have someone else following WW. I've lost 2 pounds since Monday but I assume some of that has been water weight. I also tried walking last summer and doing the recumbent bike. I was burning 1000 calories a day and nothing, not a pound! I have PCOS so it can be a bit harder to lose the weight but it doesn't help that all I want to eat is junk and carbs.

It was really encouraging to be sitting next to people in the meeting that had lost 25+ pounds. I also got lots of food tips that were low points that I wouldn't have though of myself. When I did WW online it wasn't really effective for me. I need the meetings too.
so proud of you! and WTG on 30 day shred. That once kills my knees, so I'm sticking to yoga and some walking

AFM: had a sorta ok day today food wise. Murphy's Law hit my bank acct today, so I was running around like a crazy person and finally sat down to a lunch of hummus and pita chips. Actually, it was lunch and b'fast O.o yeah, one of those days. and I had about a 1/4 mashed potatoes and a mouthful of cabbage for supper. yeah, like i said, one of those days. it will be better tomorrow
Old 03-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #24
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn1270 View Post
welcome! i can't afford a gym right now either. maybe in a few yrs it will be in the budget, but right now it's just now :s good luck w/the grains & sugar! I think sugar is a big thing for a lot of mamas. A lot of times we are already soooooooo tired. Then our body says GIVE ME ENERGY which we interpret as SUGAR...ugghh...vicious cycle!!
I think you're exactly right about sugar. I was almost lethargic when DH walked in today. I'm stressed about work stuff and usually my go-to is sugar and caffeine. I had to go take a nap when he got home. Maybe I'm detoxing?
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #25
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep...i think you are detoxing. i know that's how i felt the first days of a detox i did last month. but it got better. my biggest problem....because of my world, i find myself needing to stay up REALLY late at night, repeatedly. So, I never get the sleep I need, so I'm tired a lot (like today for example LOL). Then, I find myself wanting to eat all day because my body is confusing being tired with needing energy.

AFM....good food day. had a delish milkshake/smoothy for b'fast. it had 2 bananas, 3tbsp of PB2 (peanut butter powder!! it is DIVINE!! and only 1 WW pt !!!), and 1/2 cup of vanilla hemp milk. It was uber good. and for you WW folks..it was 3 WW pts Then lunch was hummus, carrots, and Lavash (gluten free vegan tortilla that I'm in love with LOL). snack was a banana. and tonite is Salad Night so all of us will be eating salad for supper.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #26
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn1270
yep...i think you are detoxing. i know that's how i felt the first days of a detox i did last month. but it got better. my biggest problem....because of my world, i find myself needing to stay up REALLY late at night, repeatedly. So, I never get the sleep I need, so I'm tired a lot (like today for example LOL). Then, I find myself wanting to eat all day because my body is confusing being tired with needing energy.

AFM....good food day. had a delish milkshake/smoothy for b'fast. it had 2 bananas, 3tbsp of PB2 (peanut butter powder!! it is DIVINE!! and only 1 WW pt !!!), and 1/2 cup of vanilla hemp milk. It was uber good. and for you WW folks..it was 3 WW pts Then lunch was hummus, carrots, and Lavash (gluten free vegan tortilla that I'm in love with LOL). snack was a banana. and tonite is Salad Night so all of us will be eating salad for supper.
Ooh, I must try the smoothie recipe. Where did you get the powder?

I did fine at breakfast, 3pt Greek yogurt. We ate out with friends for lunch (glad I had plenty of flex points!). Not sure what dinner is going to be. I still have about 6 hours worth of work to finish so its probably going to be another late night. Not sure that I'll have time for exercise today. Still haven't had any water today but I've certainly had plenty of diet coke!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #27
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Headed out the door for WW......excited and nervous at the same time.
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #28
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tell me about ww meetings.
mysticmomma1879 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #29
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysweetseven View Post
Headed out the door for WW......excited and nervous at the same time.
YAY! Give us an update when you get back!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #30
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma1879 View Post
Tell me about ww meetings.
The program is $43 per month. You can go to as many meetings as you'd like and you can have online and app access to everything at that price. There are other weekly pay programs but the monthly seems like the best value. When you first go in you weigh one on one with a WW representative and then go have a seat for the group meeting. At the meeting they talk about healthy habits etc. One thing that was really helpful for me last week was the ideas that other members were throwing out about food. I get really bored and need a variety. I also need the accountability of knowing that I have to go weigh each week and someone else is going to know if I gained or lost. You count points which are calculated based on protein, fiber, carbs, and fat. I've had several friends and family members lose weight and keep it off with WW. You eat regular food but it's all about portion control.