Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #51
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HS Weight Loss Thread- March

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mom7 View Post
Yeah, it's so true that if you don't use it you lose it!

Well, today has gone well as far as food choices. I had to take DS2 to the doctor and it took much longer than expected so I was starving by the time we got out. The old me would have hit a drive through on the way home but I restrained myself...small victory! I haven't done any exercise this week but I really need to get back to it! When DH is home we don't follow any type of schedule and the days just fly by. I've GOT to make time for it!
on no drive thru!!

Advertisement

lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #52
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Hi
Is it it too late for me to join the chat? I am ready to get in shape, and I agree that Girl Scout cookies are the devil!
I have 4 kids, we homeschool, and my husband is gone from before we get up til dinner. So if I am going to work out its going to have to be at the Y or at home. Our Y has childcare and even homeschool something or the other...I need to look into joining. I have just finished nursing my last baby, he weaned himself a few weeks before his 2nd birthday (which was yesterday)! We have food sensitivities. I need to avoid gluten, soy and eggs. We also limit dairy, but I will eat cheese and yogurt. My biggest trap is completely falling off of the wagon and stopping for some fast food because everyone is whining and hungry!
Anyway, I would love to have a group to chat with for accountability and encouragement!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #53
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
Hi
Is it it too late for me to join the chat? I am ready to get in shape, and I agree that Girl Scout cookies are the devil!
I have 4 kids, we homeschool, and my husband is gone from before we get up til dinner. So if I am going to work out its going to have to be at the Y or at home. Our Y has childcare and even homeschool something or the other...I need to look into joining. I have just finished nursing my last baby, he weaned himself a few weeks before his 2nd birthday (which was yesterday)! We have food sensitivities. I need to avoid gluten, soy and eggs. We also limit dairy, but I will eat cheese and yogurt. My biggest trap is completely falling off of the wagon and stopping for some fast food because everyone is whining and hungry!
Anyway, I would love to have a group to chat with for accountability and encouragement!
Welcome! This sounds just like me! It's so hard to accommodate food sensitivities when you're out and about so I tend to justify it My kids have gluten, soy, corn, and dairy sensitivities.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #54
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Making minor progress here (not as in actual weight loss, but in setting up the scene to lose weight). We picked up the forms to join the Y (I'll fill them out tomorrow), got that last girl scout cookie booth set up so I can get those darn things out of here and I'm trying to drink more water. Today I'm making yogurt and have beans in the crockpot. My biggest weakness is eating junk when I don't have better food already prepared. Have a great day ladies!
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #55
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Kristin-we are signing up for the Y today too
I need to put the soup in the crockpot for supper. Lunch is my hardest meal to find healthy options for. We can't really do sandwiches, and there aren't always leftovers. I need healthy, cheap, whole food ideas...
Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #56
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse
Kristin-we are signing up for the Y today too
I need to put the soup in the crockpot for supper. Lunch is my hardest meal to find healthy options for. We can't really do sandwiches, and there aren't always leftovers. I need healthy, cheap, whole food ideas...
We do lots of fruits and veggies for lunch and typically protein comes from something like Boar's Head lunch meat (I just roll it and they eat it plain), organic hot dogs, or boiled eggs. Sometimes I'll make baked chicken nuggets for the kids either plain or rolled in almond flour. I typically make the nuggets at night and we have the leftovers the next day. Baked sweet potato fries are pretty quick and easy. It does get kind of boring for me but the kids don't seem to care.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #57
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
Hi
welcome! i have a tendency to be a drive thru mama too i've tightened up my $$ budget, though, so that has helped me there the only one i have to deal w/about food sensitivities is me i'm vegan for health reasons. my hardest meal of the day is b'fast. i love grits and oatmeal, but it's not good for my butt plus, my body doesn't tolerate the corn or oils very well. so, i'm stuck w/fruit or smoothies, neither of which am I a big fan...le sigh. i love veggies. i'm just not a big fruit person. and the only other big pitfall...carbs, carbs, carbs...le sigh again. i'm having to cut out tons of those, though, simply due to the animal products and the fact that wheat has been making my stomach hurt

today was a decent food day....
apples for b'fast
salad w/edamame, almonds, and asparagus for lunch (1tbsp of dressing + garlic red wine vinegar)
salad for supper w/chickpeas

and the salad at supper was at Stevie Bs (local pizza place). we went there cause i was tired, and the chicken wasn't done, and it was 99cent kids night. BUT....i ate NO pizza and NO dessert pizza. I have to say, since I've gone vegan, the pizza really isn't all that tempting, esp since I know I will be sick for a week if I eat the dairy/meat
Old 03-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #58
7mom7
Registered Users

I've been hungry all day! I've tracked everything but I've used way more points than normal today. I definitely see the pattern that stressful busy days lead to me making bad food choices.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #59
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I talked with a friend this morning who recommended the documentary Hungry for Change. I watched it tonight and I need to make DH and the girls watch it for sure. It's on Netflix if anyone is interested.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #60
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse View Post
I talked with a friend this morning who recommended the documentary Hungry for Change. I watched it tonight and I need to make DH and the girls watch it for sure. It's on Netflix if anyone is interested.

GREAT movie!! just solidified for me all the food choices i have been making as of late. my 8y.o. watched it with me, and he's even making better food choices and making statements like "Mom, we can NOT have that! WAY too much sugar and preservatives!" "Mom, we should eat all natural foods not that other garbage." <3

another good one to watch is Forks Over Knives, also on Netflix, and Food Matters.

afm: lost 2lbs this week praying I can maintain that over the weekend O.o I have a tendency to make stupid choices on saturdays....sigh....but praying this time it will be all good !

that loss makes it 4 total for me since Feb. it's been slow going, but i'm old LOLOLOL and it just seems to take more time for wt to fall off of me since i turned 40. but, i figured it up, even at 2lbs/month, that's a total of 24lbs a year....and that would be just lovely <3

i'm ovulating ATM, and that also plays a huge roll in my food choices. When Oing, i just want to dive into a big fat bag of overly processed oreos and never come up but i'm not this time (i have had 3 oreos LOL but that's IT!).