Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #61
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HS Weight Loss Thread- March

lyn1270--congrats on the loss!! I will check out some of the videos on Netflix as well as the one that Kristin posted.

I was really disappointed with my performance dieting this week

I decided not to weigh, and avoid further disappointment.

I did notice one thing that I had not been quite so aware of before.....I am def an emotional eater. I had a very stressful week, lots of running up and down the road for the kids, homeschool struggles, packing and decluttering to move, and then DH and I were at each other all week. Everything I turned around I was putting something in my mouth.

I miss being on the farm and being outside moving so much, at all times of the year.

Today is a new day though.....going to stay positive.

Advertisement

Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #62
7mom7
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn1270 View Post
i'm ovulating ATM, and that also plays a huge roll in my food choices. When Oing, i just want to dive into a big fat bag of overly processed oreos and never come up but i'm not this time (i have had 3 oreos LOL but that's IT!).
Yay for 2 pounds! I agree with the above...I'm the exact same way.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #63
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Hey Mamas - I'm just gonna jump on in and join you - ok?

I'm Melissa - I have 5 kids I'm homeschooling my two older boys and will homeschool the other three once they are old enough. Like others I am basically a one man show with a DH who works WAY too much. There is NO WAY I could go to the gym - 2 of my kids start screeming when I am not in sight - at nursary at church they break into hysterics if I have to go to the bathroom. I bought a commercial step machine a few months ago and was up to 30 min a day but got sick and got out of the habit of using it. I have a VERY hard time loosing weight - hypothryoid. I usually at least loose my baby weight but with my last LO I gained 40 pounds and only lost 20. I was overweight to begin with so I am carrying about 70 pounds more then I should be HOWEVER I don't want to loose that much (that would put me too thin I think) I would like to loose about 40 - 50 pounds. I NEED to loose about 10 - 15 asap because NONE of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit so I only have 4 outfits! I can't wait to get started!
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #64
boogamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Ladies

Checking in to say hello & that I've dropped 3.5 lbs, which I'm thrilled about. Hope you all are having a great day & reaching your goals!
boogamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #65
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysweetseven View Post
lyn1270--congrats on the loss!! I will check out some of the videos on Netflix as well as the one that Kristin posted.

I was really disappointed with my performance dieting this week

I decided not to weigh, and avoid further disappointment.

I did notice one thing that I had not been quite so aware of before.....I am def an emotional eater. I had a very stressful week, lots of running up and down the road for the kids, homeschool struggles, packing and decluttering to move, and then DH and I were at each other all week. Everything I turned around I was putting something in my mouth.

I miss being on the farm and being outside moving so much, at all times of the year.

Today is a new day though.....going to stay positive.
((hugs)) and here's hoping for a new day and a better day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
Hey Mamas - I'm just gonna jump on in and join you - ok?

I'm Melissa - I have 5 kids I'm homeschooling my two older boys and will homeschool the other three once they are old enough. Like others I am basically a one man show with a DH who works WAY too much. There is NO WAY I could go to the gym - 2 of my kids start screeming when I am not in sight - at nursary at church they break into hysterics if I have to go to the bathroom. I bought a commercial step machine a few months ago and was up to 30 min a day but got sick and got out of the habit of using it. I have a VERY hard time loosing weight - hypothryoid. I usually at least loose my baby weight but with my last LO I gained 40 pounds and only lost 20. I was overweight to begin with so I am carrying about 70 pounds more then I should be HOWEVER I don't want to loose that much (that would put me too thin I think) I would like to loose about 40 - 50 pounds. I NEED to loose about 10 - 15 asap because NONE of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit so I only have 4 outfits! I can't wait to get started!
welcome!! i know how you feel about getting started on something, gaining momentum, and then being hit in the face w/illness (yours or a LOs) or some other issue to put a halt to what you were doing :/ but you can do this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogamama View Post
Hi Ladies

Checking in to say hello & that I've dropped 3.5 lbs, which I'm thrilled about. Hope you all are having a great day & reaching your goals!
congrats!!

AFM: started off pretty good....until i went to riteaid to get some stuff...the reese's eggs were begging to be eaten...I PROMISE! i only bought one even though it's cheaper to buy more LOL so one isn't too bad i don't think. and it is NOT vegan....sigh....but man was it good i rarely crave things that aren't on approved list, but once in awhile (like when i'm ovulating!) i crave stuff....and today was that day
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #66
boogamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Reeses peanut butter cups/pieces/eggs are so good! I cannot have any of those in my house, or I will eat them!

Last edited by boogamama; 03-15-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #67
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogamama View Post
Reeses peanut butter cups/pieces/eggs are so good! I cannot have any of those in my house, or I will eat them!
i never buy more than one at a time and i NEVER have them in the house i would surely eat them all if had them
lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #68
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Today was the day I decided to get serious about the health kick I severely need to be on! So, day 1. Check.
I made it all the way through with no horrible food choices, I drank all of my water, and we walked in the neighborhood after dinner. Now, let's see if I can keep it up over the weekend...
Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #69
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Today was a great day up until 6pm when the kids had fish sticks and I ate a sleeve of GS Peanut Butter Sandwiches.

I am realizing more and more that I have a serious addiction to sugar. I do well as long as I don't have it at all, but once I have any, then I cannot control myself.

We are headed to an indoor water park this weekend. If you're in KC and see the pasty, white flabby chick walking around the pool, wave and introduce yourself.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #70
boogamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse View Post
Today was a great day up until 6pm when the kids had fish sticks and I ate a sleeve of GS Peanut Butter Sandwiches.

I am realizing more and more that I have a serious addiction to sugar. I do well as long as I don't have it at all, but once I have any, then I cannot control myself.
We are headed to an indoor water park this weekend. If you're in KC and see the pasty, white flabby chick walking around the pool, wave and introduce yourself.

This is why I have to say no to all sugar. For instance, we had leftover birthday cake a week and a half ago, and it was so good, I kept eating more and more of it....right out of the pan!