Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #21
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

DD is 3 1/2 and still naps a solid 3 hours daily, but part of that is her odd schedule. She is rarely in bed before 9 and up between 6:30-7 due to time consuming medical treatments.

Advertisement

PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #22
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: When did your child(ren) stop

first was like 2 yrs. second & 3rd both still at 22 month &1 month olds....oldest slept better at night.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:03 AM   #23
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD at 2. We did not adjust her bedtime, she just started sleeping later shortly before she stopped napping. When she napped she woke up usually around 5:30-6. When she gave them up she slept 8pm to anywhere from 6:30 to 8AM until she started school. She still had to go to her room for quiet time though and up until this year (5) she still needed to have some quiet time or she would get grouchy. Since school started she goes to bed at 7:30 and gets up at 6:30.

DS is 29 months and has gone down to maybe once a week nap. He gets put into the crib everyday and almost naps most days, but doesn't go to sleep. And some days he sits in there singing at the top of his lungs . We have not adjusted times for him. He is in bed at 7:30 and usually wakes on his own by 6 (when he was taking regular naps he woke up at 5). After a few days with no naps he will wake up on his own around 6:30.

Last edited by jbug_4; 03-06-2013 at 04:04 AM.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:25 AM   #24
AHASRADA
Registered Users
seller

I can't remember for my big kids; probably somewhere between 2-3.

My dd is 27 months and still naps. She wakes up between 7:30-8:30am, naps for 1 1/2 hours in the afternoon and sleeps at 9:30pm.

She could skip her nap, but she would be cranky and sleepy by 7pm, and I'm afraid of her waking up crazy early if she went to bed that early. I need 30 min.-1hour of peace and quiet in the AM to get my day started before she wakes up, and we all need a break in the middle of the day. We also eat dinner late (like 8pm), so her schedule works for us.

My niece is 29 months and stopped napping in the fall. But, she goes to daycare and has to wake up very early to leave in the AM and her parents want her to sleep early at night so they can have some time together. Whatever works for your family!
AHASRADA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #25
NYCVeg
Registered Users
seller

Dd stopped napping at around 20 months. She was never much of a napper, but always a good sleeper at night. (I think we did push her bedtime a tiny bit earlier, but not much; I believe she went to bed around 6:30/6:45 in those days) She had friends who were still napping at 4-5 years old, though. I think there's a huge range of normal.
NYCVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #26
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
A couple months after they turned 2. Bed time is at 7:30pm and wake up is at 7am.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #27
PrettyinPink89
Registered Users

My Mood:

My 6 year old stopped around 4, but if he seems overexcited during the day (having trouble with expressing his thoughts etc.), we ask him to lie down for a little bit. He usually will sleep for an hour. Those naps do not interfere with his normal sleep schedule of 8:30pm-7:15am.
PrettyinPink89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #28
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS1 stopped at 6, DS2 is 5 and takes a one hour after school everyday and sleeps 2 hours on days the 4 other days of the week. DS3 is 3 and naps 2.5 hours everyday. Bedtime is 730-8PM, and everyone wakes 630-7AM.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #29
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Both dd1 and dd2 were 32 months.

Handmade rustic home decor ~ https://www.facebook.com/asinglesparrow
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #30
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

My oldest will be 4 years old next month, and she still naps. She needs to though. We let her go every now and then without taking one, and she can't make it past dinner without having a meltdown.

Her naps have definitely shortened, but she still sleeps for at least an hour every day.