Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #31
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: When did your child(ren) stop

Neither of my girls were morning nappers, unless you count DD2's 20-30 minute catnap on me while nursing a nap. They both took a 2-3 hour afternoon nap, DD1 dropped that around 2.5, DD2 is still only 10 months and I hope she naps a while longer.

ETA: bedtime until DD1 started school has always been 8, although for the first year that was kinda mutable. DD1 started sleeping 8pm to 8am at about 5 months old, but I found once I had to start getting her up earlier than 8 for school she was MISERABLE in the mornings, so bedtime dropped back to 7 during the school year.

Advertisement

Last edited by Computermama; 03-06-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #32
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thank you everyone. DD is 31 months and usually sleeps 8:30-8 and naps from 1 to 3pm. Lately though the nap has been only an hour or so. I hope she hangs on to the nap for a little longer.
pine_apple_goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #33
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
All of ours were 5. DS is only 3 1/2 so he is still napping. Sleep is one of the most important good habits to instill. Once one gets sleep deprived it is a vicious cycle.

They have always gone to bed around 8:30 and slept until 8:30, during and after naps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
Holy cow! Ours were still talking 2 2 hour naps at a year!
Us too, except we're more a 7/8-6 for night time sleep. They go from 2 to one nap around 18 months. Drop naps some time around 5. I still make them nap on weekends after that if they've had a particularly late night for a special occasion.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #34
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
Us too, except we're more a 7/8-6 for night time sleep. They go from 2 to one nap around 18 months. Drop naps some time around 5. I still make them nap on weekends after that if they've had a particularly late night for a special occasion.
Yep, exact same thing. They still take 3 naps a day until about 10 months.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #35
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Slightly different ages. DS was somewhere around three and a half. DD1 was maybe two and a half, and DD2 was, as well. But my current 2yo is still napping strong with no signs of stopping and thank God.

When they first quit napping bed time became a nightmare. It had to be bumped up, but they were so overly exhausted they took forever to go to sleep.

Bed time is 7pm for my DS because he wakes up early for school and 8pm for the girls. DS wakes up at 7am, the girls between 8am and 8:30 - 9am.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #36
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:
My daughter use to sleep like a champ, but stopped naps completely around 2.5 years old and I (and she!!!) were not slightly ready for it. Following advice I found on diaperswappers, we started 'rest time' around 1:30 pm. She was allowed to sleep (yeah right!), look at books, or quietly play for a set amount of time which I increased over a couple of weeks. One day she played in her room for awhile, then fell asleep for a long nap. It's not every day, but after 2 or 3 months of no naps, she started napping again. Her new nap time STARTS around 2:00 or 3:00 depending in the day then she sleeps about 2.5/3!! hours then goes to bed about an hour later than she used to (so now around 9:00 or 9:30) but after going through no naps, we'll now take what we can get and just need to adapt her schedule a bit. Good luck. We still can't figure out why she'll nap some days and not others when all variables are constant and whether she naps or not or goes to bed at 8:30 or 10:00, she still gets up bright and early.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote