Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #11
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Yep lets do it.. How about first mini goal to actually start lets try using our machines for what do you think 30 mins to start ( if I can make it that long) lol ok I will make it! Tomorrow & report back.

Advertisement

lilannies mama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #12
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any suggestions on staying motivated and on track?

DH is actually downstairs putting to our new treadmill together (our old one died last week). So I will weigh in the am and start on it tomorrow for 30 min (I am going to work for a 5K eventually). Also plan to drink more water as I am horrible at drinking water unless it is in the form of coffee
Old 03-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

It is so hard to get in water lol I'm guilty also! Unless its in sweet tea. I've been a little better lately. I weighed in this am I was exactly 141.0. I'd like 10 pounds gone by may. So tomorrow we get started. Awesome on going to train for a 5k. I'm not to sure I'm into running I like biking & dancing types better. When I get where I don't get so winded I'd like to do the Zumba thing! I may try some running just to see I've never really ran just walked. Yeah this will be fun. We will be some HOT mamas.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #14
fiveofhearts
Registered Users

I'd suggest water, water, water and my fitness pal. I never want to workout but I feel so great once I do so that keeps me going. Plus making it a habit. My routine is morning naptime that's the first thing I do then I enjoy a small snack while checking on fb. Knowing I get that little me time every morning keeps me going. Also if you can cut out pop I would recommend that. When I drink diet I crave sweets like crazy. When I drink regular I get all the calories. When I stick to only water and unsweetened tea my cravings decrease a ton to almost non existant. Just say no! Almost all sweets/snacks are like Pringles to me. Once I pop I can't stop so it's easier to not start. And allow yourself a cheat. Whether just a meal or one day enjoy it so you don't feel deprived.... but don't let it turn into a wknd!! And maybe a heart rate monitor. When I have used one I find myself pushing harder because I want to beat myself. Something nice about seeing the number! ! And def find something you like. If you like dance there are lots of zumba on you tube or turbo jam is a lot of fun! Sorry I rambled so much! ! Good luck!
fiveofhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #15
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilannies mama View Post
It is so hard to get in water lol I'm guilty also! Unless its in sweet tea. I've been a little better lately. I weighed in this am I was exactly 141.0. I'd like 10 pounds gone by may. So tomorrow we get started. Awesome on going to train for a 5k. I'm not to sure I'm into running I like biking & dancing types better. When I get where I don't get so winded I'd like to do the Zumba thing! I may try some running just to see I've never really ran just walked. Yeah this will be fun. We will be some HOT mamas.
Couch 2 5K is a great way to start running when you never have before. Check it out!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #16
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Oh awesome thanks I will!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #17
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

C25K is what I use and really like it but get stuck at 23 minutes.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #18
fiveofhearts
Registered Users

I'd love to do c25k once the snow is cleared away for good. I'm not a treadmill type! I have done it before or at least started it but I quit too soon. I was just beginning to enjoy it too. There are a lot of free apps to use as well!
fiveofhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #19
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemama
C25K is what I use and really like it but get stuck at 23 minutes.
I've never done it before I usually walk. Ill prob start with my eliptical then go to it. Just to try it. & to wait til it gets a bit warmer lol! & tonight my wonderful child has decided it's a no sleep night so I'm still fighting with her I said I have to be up early to exercise so you need to sleep she just says Dora cause she wants to play with her Dora dolls lol!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #20
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Ok mama I finally got in my 30 mins. It was hard I hadn't done it in a while lol! I feel lazy now