Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am at my wits end.

I have done raw Shea butter. I try not to use to many things on thoughmy Los bc it never ends well. So usually some raw Shea. I have done argan oil as well. The worst part is figuring it out. Ds2 was allergic to bamboo so no bamboo here.

I am sorry you are going through this. Is it bothering her?

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #12
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think it is staph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I have done raw Shea butter. I try not to use to many things on thoughmy Los bc it never ends well. So usually some raw Shea. I have done argan oil as well. The worst part is figuring it out. Ds2 was allergic to bamboo so no bamboo here.

I am sorry you are going through this. Is it bothering her?
Good ideas! It seems like it itches. It doesn't awful, it is just annoying that it won't go away.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #13
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencrunchymama View Post
I don't think it is staph.

Good ideas! It seems like it itches. It doesn't awful, it is just annoying that it won't go away.
I know what you mean. When dd sleeps she sleeps with her butt in the air and her forehead on the sheet on her mattress so she occasionally gets a rash on her forehead bc of it! So we use the argan oil bc we have that ATM
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I will add that for my DD, who has sensitive skin and gets eczema on her face and diaper area, 'traditional' creams like butt paste make things worse. We have better luck with things like coconut oil and original maalox/mylanta mixed with aquaphor.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #15
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have gotten a rash like that on I think DS3 that just would not go away forever. He and DS2 have history of eczema(worse in winter and as young babies).

The ONLY thing that worked was using the triple paste cream constantly on disposable diapers, then I would use the caldescene powder too(which apparently is CD safe I was once told here, but I only use it for rash/sposies). Then once that clears up in a few days I go back to CD. Haven't had the problem with my newbie yet.

Diet is what almost always gives my kids a rash.....anything acidic like tomato sauce dishes, even spaghettios the very odd time we do that, oj, oranges, mandarin oranges and the worst culprit is watermelon....

And I lay that triple paste cream on thick.....like I will go through a tube in 2 days....
Old 03-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #16
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

Have you tried an anti-fungal? Like athlete's foot cream? When DS had a persistent diaper rash, the ped recommended it. It helped clear it up pretty quickly.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:09 AM   #17
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Poor you, and her. I went through exactly the same thing with my second daughter. She just permanently had a diaper rash and it was the worst wherever any kind of rubbing occurred. She also had quite bad eczema and the only thing that helped was hydrocortisone cream. It all started when she was about 5 months and finally started going away around 10 months old. It cleared up pretty quickly after that, but her skin has always been a bit rash-prone. I also tried everything. In the end what worked the best was a soft velour prefold with a soft wool wrap cover. Anything rubbing caused irritation. I will add though it didn't totally go away, it was just a bit better if I used that. Maybe a fleece wrap if you don't want to do wool? I eventually resorted to using the HC the doctor had recommended because she was just so uncomfortable and cranky. It would be good for a few days, and then I would have to use it again. I'm just glad it all started clearing up when it did. I hated having to resort to something like that.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:00 AM   #18
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
I've done antibacterial before, like neosporin. I've had great success lately with using vitamin E oil and Lavendar EO , a drop of each, in a palm full of carrier oil--coconut or almond. No repelling.

Oatmeal or baking soda baths. , sometimes I run a bath with a squirt of dr. Bronners and a squirt of sweet almond oil. It really moisturizes and soothes.

You might also try fitters or Prefolds without the covers.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:20 AM   #19
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Could it be a food allergy? My girls bothe have multiple food sensitivities and it shows up as a rash at times.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:29 AM   #20
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

Have you tried switching to using only stay-dry diapers for a few days? Ds had a rash in a similar area for a few weeks before I went back to work. I tried all sorts of creams, treated for yeast, tried only prefolds, and tried switching to sposies, but it wouldn't go away. After a few days at daycare, or maybe a week, where he was only in BG pockets + nights in pockets at home, it disappeared. Now he can wear prefolds/fitteds sometimes, but can't be in them full time.
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote