Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2013, 02:13 AM   #21
TCKmom
Registered Users

Re: Maternity Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. By going as long as I can, I can minimize the number of "no pay" days during my leave. Fortunately, I've had a really easy/healthy pregnancy so far, so there's no need (just yet) to worry that I might go out early. I dread the lesson planning for the rest of the school year!
Ugh, sub plans for just one day out are a pain and a major deterrent to me ever calling in sick. Sub plans for for 6 weeks are going to be a nightmare. It is so much easier to just be there. At least I have a decent sub this time. With #1, my sub didn't really know the material so he would bring me the grading every day and we would spend an hour or two going over the next day's lessons and I was put on bed rest at 30 weeks so that was fun... :-p

Good luck! I hope everything comes together easily for you and you're able to work up until labor.

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #22
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKmom View Post
Ugh, sub plans for just one day out are a pain and a major deterrent to me ever calling in sick. Sub plans for for 6 weeks are going to be a nightmare. It is so much easier to just be there. At least I have a decent sub this time. With #1, my sub didn't really know the material so he would bring me the grading every day and we would spend an hour or two going over the next day's lessons and I was put on bed rest at 30 weeks so that was fun... :-p

Good luck! I hope everything comes together easily for you and you're able to work up until labor.
I'm a SpEd teacher to boot, so all of my IEPs have to be lined up/ready to go. Being away from the classroom is a nightmare. I don't even have a sub officially lined up yet, which doesn't surprise me with the way my admin works. They're trying to figure out if they *NEED* a highly qualified math teacher, or if they can get away with someone who has a SpEd background.

Thanks, I'm hoping to get some lesson planning done soon. Not excited about writing a final I won't be there to give, either!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #23
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post

I'm a SpEd teacher to boot, so all of my IEPs have to be lined up/ready to go. Being away from the classroom is a nightmare. I don't even have a sub officially lined up yet, which doesn't surprise me with the way my admin works. They're trying to figure out if they *NEED* a highly qualified math teacher, or if they can get away with someone who has a SpEd background.

Thanks, I'm hoping to get some lesson planning done soon. Not excited about writing a final I won't be there to give, either!
What a pain!!! I was a sped teacher with my first kid and getting all the ppwork together was stressful. I was doing inclusion all day so the hq thing wasnt as big a deal. Whew. Hope it goes off without incident for you!!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #24
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKmom View Post
Ugh, sub plans for just one day out are a pain and a major deterrent to me ever calling in sick.
DH always tells me the same thing when I tell him he should call in sick - he'll go to work feeling really bad just so he doesn't have to deal with sub plans!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #25
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think my school has sub plans yet either. Though I only work 3 days a week and the district nurse works in my office 2 days a week. So she could cover, but she has meetings and screening and it would be hard for her. I'm trying not to worry about it but I really don't want to come back to a mess in the fall.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #26
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
I'm trying not to worry about it but I really don't want to come back to a mess in the fall.
Coming back to a mess is almost guaranteed for me. Ugh!