Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
TGIF Basic Mamas!

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TGIF Basic Mamas!

A sample of my morning:

Finally get to drink my first cup of coffee 45 minutes after I get up. Two kids have eaten, and Ian comes down after dressing himself. In teal cordoroy pants and a navy/gray long sleeve shirt, both two inches too short, with undies hanging out the top. I say, "Oh my. Ian, why are you wearing clothes that don't match and are way too small?"

He shrugs, jumps around, takes my face in his hands and says "I don't know. Why do you have tiny hairs under your chin?"

TGIF. Pass the booze.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Morning all.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Lol cheryl
Old 03-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #5
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I have two pieces of highly functional but not attractive furniture pieces in my living room. One is the built-in TV cabinet, which was made when TVs were large CRTs and stereos were large component systems. Our flatscreen actually sits on top, LOL. It had doors on it at one time but are long gone. I tried putting baskets in there to make it look better but it just looks like a cabinet with missing doors with baskets, LOL. Then the other is this large bookcase full of art supplies and workbooks, which the finish doesn't really go with anything else it the room, and sometimes I just don't want to look at a bunch of art supplies.

So yesterday I went to Joann's and they had a majority of their decorator fabrics on sale for 40% off. I got some fabric to put on both. So that is my project today. And hitting the big salvation army to get Ian some more pants.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post

A sample of my morning:

Finally get to drink my first cup of coffee 45 minutes after I get up. Two kids have eaten, and Ian comes down after dressing himself. In teal cordoroy pants and a navy/gray long sleeve shirt, both two inches too short, with undies hanging out the top. I say, "Oh my. Ian, why are you wearing clothes that don't match and are way too small?"

He shrugs, jumps around, takes my face in his hands and says "I don't know. Why do you have tiny hairs under your chin?"

TGIF. Pass the booze.
TJR2119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #7
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That is funny Cheryl!
Bella asked if her friend could spend the night, and we agreed. Then she asked if she could spend two nights and I initially said yes, then thought about it and the next day I said no, but was told that if she doesn't sleepover on Saturday no one will be there to take care of her because her sister won't be home (parents divorced, dad has custody, works nights and sister in HS takes care of her and 6yo brother). Anyways I said I need to talk to her dad before I can take a child home from school for the whole weekend, but he is at work so I couldn't. So I told them that he has to call me today before I go to work, so that I can tell them what is going on. No call yet. I am kind of hoping that the dad doesn't call, this is just too weird. And I would happily go pick her up from her house later on if he did call, I just need to talk to a parent first. I can't imagine how negligent a mother has to be to not get custody of her children to a father that works nights and leaves them alone with a teenager......

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #8
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post

TGIF. Pass the booze.
Totally sounds like something mine would say.
I am pretty much in awe of homeschooling mamas after this morning, only 4.5 but she sure knows how to drive me crazy sometimes.

I forgot that I work tonight & that dp gives music lessons on Saturdays - seriously, how does one forget something like that? So I scheduled AND paid for a hair appointment 2 hours away at 2:00pm tomorrow - really really hoping he can move lessons since my appointment can't be moved. Right now he only has one student tomorrow 12-1pm, there is no way we can make it all work.

I somehow have to get all of the laundry caught up and pack so that we can go away for a few days for March break/to get my sister from the train station (we live 8 hours away from her and it is her first visit). Both kids now have a cold so it is going to be extra fun - nothing big and mostly things that have been continual all winter, running noses and little coughs but my four year old pukes in vehicles when she coughs did I mention I get severe anxiety over vomit, get car sick myself so I don't feel great as it is and am claustrophobic?

I'm also ditching a lunch group I'm supposed to go to today, because I don't wanna.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #9
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would be hesitant to take on a kid for a whole weekend too, Jess, unless they were over all the time anyway. My kids can only be good hosts for so long before they want everyone to go away and leave them alone to read. Kinda like their mom, LOL.

So I went up to Ian's closet and purged a garbage bag of outgrown clothes. Raided his size up bin, and he has plenty of clothes now so no shopping trip today. However now his size up bin has only three pairs of jeans and five sweaters. So I guess now I need to be on the lookout for size up LS shirts and sweatshirts. Rose is going to freak out, that is the third bag of donate clothes in the hall now (two more hidden in the donate closet) and she's convinced I am going to purge her clothes without her consent.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #10
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Cheryl. Check lands end clearance