Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #11
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ebay fees

You can list auction style (up to 50 free) a month.
The final value fee includes shipping. It is in your best interest to ship as cheaply as possible. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454378 the best shipping thread ever!) The Final value fee is about 9% but I calculate 10% as it is much easier math.
Paypal is 30 cents plus 2.3% of the total amount (includes shipping) I use 3% as it is easier math!

Example :
You list diaper. You sell it for $5 plus $3 shipping. Total $8.00
Ebay gets .80 cents
Paypal gets 30 cents plus 24 cents = 54 cents
Shipping is $3.00
You get =$3.66 (appox)
(If you sold it on Diaperswappers, you only have paypal fee so you would get $4.46)

You can always calculate ahead of time the price of fees and adjust the price as needed.

ETA: As a PP mentioned sometimes they will hold fund. Usually this is only for the fist 20 transactions or so. The $ is held for 2 weeks or until Delivery confirmation shows the item arrived. If you use Ebay shipping it will let you use the funds from the sale to buy postage online. If you do not buy postage online, you should manually enter the DC number (tracking # as it is now called) as you will get your $ faster that way.

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia

Last edited by Rdesonia; 03-17-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #12
evamyster88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
You can list auction style (up to 50 free) a month.
The final value fee includes shipping. It is in your best interest to ship as cheaply as possible. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454378 the best shipping thread ever!) The Final value fee is about 9% but I calculate 10% as it is much easier math.
Paypal is 30 cents plus 2.3% of the total amount (includes shipping) I use 3% as it is easier math!

Example :
You list diaper. You sell it for $5 plus $3 shipping. Total $8.00
Ebay gets .80 cents
Paypal gets 30 cents plus 24 cents = 54 cents
Shipping is $3.00
You get =$3.66 (appox)
(If you sold it on Diaperswappers, you only have paypal fee so you would get $4.46)

You can always calculate ahead of time the price of fees and adjust the price as needed.

ETA: As a PP mentioned sometimes they will hold fund. Usually this is only for the fist 20 transactions or so. The $ is held for 2 weeks or until Delivery confirmation shows the item arrived. If you use Ebay shipping it will let you use the funds from the sale to buy postage online. If you do not buy postage online, you should manually enter the DC number (tracking # as it is now called) as you will get your $ faster that way.
How long do they hold funds for? An item that I sent was confirmed received two days ago, but there is no sign of my money. I have contacted the seller, but they have not responded. I don't know how long to wait before I involve ebay.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #13
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

I sort of stopped doing ebay it really wasn't worth it to me after all the fees and everything. I was only netting about $2.00 an outfit and it's a lot of work to take all the pictures, write the descriptions, etc.

I'm going to try for the consignment sales. That's a huge chunk of clothes that will hopefully be sold and then I don't have to worry about spending all that time on listing.

Although I will still list things that are higher dollar amounts.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #14
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evamyster88 View Post
How long do they hold funds for? An item that I sent was confirmed received two days ago, but there is no sign of my money. I have contacted the seller, but they have not responded. I don't know how long to wait before I involve ebay.
Is this for a refund? You should file a claim if it is a refund issue. I was talking about them holding funds when you are the seller.

If you sell via Ebay , paypal will hold the money for 2 weeks OR after the item shows delivered via tracking. Typically it is less than 2 weeks unless you don't ship right away/package has to go a long distance. (international)

Old 03-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #15
evamyster88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia

Is this for a refund? You should file a claim if it is a refund issue. I was talking about them holding funds when you are the seller.

If you sell via Ebay , paypal will hold the money for 2 weeks OR after the item shows delivered via tracking. Typically it is less than 2 weeks unless you don't ship right away/package has to go a long distance. (international)
I am the seller and the item has shown delivered since the 13th and my funds would be available on the 16th. I have not received payment and there is nothing pending in PayPal.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #16
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Here are tips to reduce eBay selling fees:
- as PP mentioned, use your 50 free monthly auction-style listings. No insertion fees.
- quite often (like 2 or 3 times a month lately) eBay offers free listing promotional days. For example, right now, between 3/16-3/19, sellers can list up to 500 items either auction-style or buy-it-now, without any insertion fees.
- don't use any of the special features that you have to pay extra for (subtitles, cross-category listing, Gallery pictures, etc.)
- if you're a top-rated seller, offer the 1-day handling and 14-day return policy to get a 20% discount off final value fees. I recently started doing this and it's great.
- Most often, auction listings have lower final value fees than buy-it-now, with one IMPORTANT exception: electronics. So computer stuff, phone stuff, consumer electronics, etc. - these only have a 7% final value fee when listed buy-it-now. Whereas auction style listings all get a 9% final value fee charged. So ALWAYS list your electronics as buy-it-now.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #17
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've switched to selling with the local facebook buy/sell groups. No fees other than possible gas to get to a meet-up location. I just do meet ups when I go shopping and meet outside the grocery store. It's nice because now I know several families that have kids just above my kids sizes (for buying) and ones that are just below (for selling). It's also nice because it's linked to your facebook account so not the chance of as many scams or weirdos as craigslist.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #18
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evamyster88 View Post
I am the seller and the item has shown delivered since the 13th and my funds would be available on the 16th. I have not received payment and there is nothing pending in PayPal.
I'm not sure I'm understanding. Did they pay you? If they paid it would show up on paypal. I think you should call paypal to see if they can help you.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #19
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I sold something that I ended up with 40 cents, not worth printing and going to the post office!

they have fees on shipping now, so now I have to UP shipping and the people think I do it for ME to make a profit, ummm NO
Old 03-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #20
jacandy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPants
I sold something that I ended up with 40 cents, not worth printing and going to the post office!

they have fees on shipping now, so now I have to UP shipping and the people think I do it for ME to make a profit, ummm NO
Definitely not worth the hassle!

http://www.iheartfrugality.com
jacandy is offline   Reply With Quote