Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2006, 07:18 PM   #21
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you were NIP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifulFanny
One of the few times I wore him in a sling anywhere someone told me I shouldn't do that, that it was bad for my back. I told her, I didn't think I'd asked for her opinion and walked off. I mean seriously folks...BITE ME! If you don't have anything nice to say...shut the hell up!
LOL! I have had so many older women tell me that! I just say "Having kids isn't good for my back".

Advertisement

Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:33 PM   #22
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifulFanny
I'm one of those that would prefer that people not say anything to me. It's not supposed to be a big deal so I prefer that it be handled with nonchalance. I was also very private about it and uncomfortable NIP and avoided it most of the time. DS was a fussy nurser and would flail and move around so have the time I was simply exposing myself - and this was whether we were out or at home. He seems to equate eating with exercise.

One of the few times I wore him in a sling anywhere someone told me I shouldn't do that, that it was bad for my back. I told her, I didn't think I'd asked for her opinion and walked off. I mean seriously folks...BITE ME! If you don't have anything nice to say...shut the hell up!
Hi Maryann
I'm glad to know I don't have the only one who thinks eating is a time to excerise. At least I know I'll never be afraid he is going to get cramps from swimming after eating the way he "swims" while he eats now LOL
I'm kinda with you... I don't mind a nice smile but I guess I kinda prefer just when nobody really notices
of course that is getting more and more difficult
Old 06-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #23
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy
Hi Maryann
I'm glad to know I don't have the only one who thinks eating is a time to excerise. At least I know I'll never be afraid he is going to get cramps from swimming after eating the way he "swims" while he eats now LOL
I'm kinda with you... I don't mind a nice smile but I guess I kinda prefer just when nobody really notices
of course that is getting more and more difficult
Good point!

DS is crazy, and nursing was never that nice, quiet bonding time. It was hell on a stick for me. I would be sitting there trying to manage him and his butt would be up on my shoulder...WTH?! He is all wonderful, crazy, wild boy!

I don't know how this plays into it for everyone else but I am well endowed to begin with and have always hated people staring at my chest. So, when they got even bigger and hurt and were leaking everywhere and I had to NIP it was just very, very uncomfortable for me. I wish it weren't but...such is life.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:52 PM   #24
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littlemonkeys
LOL! I have had so many older women tell me that! I just say "Having kids isn't good for my back".
UGH! Tell me about it...my aching back...my aching hips... my aching pelvis, my aching ankles...I could go on and on...want me to?
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #25
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I would want to say something, but maybe not about the NIP right away. I might strike up a conversation about the baby, or something, or say that I have been in the same place and had to nurse my own baby. Personally, I wouldn't mind at all though if someone were to say something positive to me. It's nice to get encouragement.

I am the type that might have a hard time holding my tongue if someone said something negative though. Thank goodness I haven't gotten much of that.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:41 PM   #26
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

I think the card is a great idea... it wouldn't bother me really if someone said something... but I am not really private about it anymore
Old 06-18-2006, 11:12 PM   #27
emmiebaur
Registered Users
seller

A well timed smile or thumbs up would always be welcome!
(As well as cards, "Thank yous", etc!)
emmiebaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:20 AM   #28
quixb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my first dd I would cover up sooooo much and then make dh stand in front of me so no one could see..............with #2 I am like dude, you dont like it, dont freking look!! I am well endowed as well and it is just to hard to try and really "conceal" EVERYTHING. Now dont get me wrong I cover up as much as I can, but it isnt easy to keep covered with a baby who loves to grab stuff!!

My SIL never did because both of her kids would moan really loud while nursing!! IT was pretty funny well for us, embaressing for her!!!!
quixb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:06 AM   #29
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have seen some mama's NIP but my DH always notices first! He is not a sicko but he says that now that I do it ALL of the time, he is trained or something Anyway, when I see a mama sling wearing or nursing, I always ask them if they would like to be supported by moms that nurse or sling wear too and if they would like to come to an AP or LLL meeting with me. I give them info. I wish I would have known about AP groups and LLL when I was just starting out BF! My DS is 20 months and still going strong... and BTW, we still NIP! It's not that often, but I will until he doesn't need it anymore.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #30
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

I would love someone to say something to me while I'm NIP. Yesterday I was NIP at church in the foyer and afterwards during lunch an older woman said she saw me giving my baby lunch and thought it was great that I was nursing, that it's such a special bond with your baby. I've never even seen someone NIP.