Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #31
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you were NIP...

I'd love to get a pat on the back from a supportive mom when I'm NIP'ing. I feel like I'm really putting myself out there sometimes, especially with this squirmy worm, and I'd love to get a card or a smile from another mom that's BTDT.
I try to give a smile when I see someone doing it, but I always worry I look like a weirdo, since it happens most when I don't have DS!

Advertisement

SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:14 AM   #32
4kidzmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would like a positive comment. I would like to give them too, but I have NO clue what I would say.
4kidzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:31 AM   #33
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

I REALLY like the card idea. That's awesome.

Not that I EVER seen anyone else NIP. *shrugs*

I was wearing Xander in a wrap the other day at Sam's Club, and had a woman tell me that it was neat, but that he was going to be spoiled. Did I ask you?? Rawr.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:05 PM   #34
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

I think I'd rather people just smiled but I keep getting comments ;-)

I was nip at Yale law school grad and a woman ran over to tell me how nice it was that I had her in my mt and giving her lunch at this special occasion. She reallyl meant well, but it came off a tad weird to me.

Sat I was at a grocery store and the wailing started so I went to the rest room, washed my hands and latched her on and went out to finish up. A woman smiled at me, and came over and said Good for you! I was confused so she said you're nursing right? I said yes. She said Good for you. Thats how our Creator meant for us to feed babies. I smiled and said yes and anything is better than listening to a screaming baby

of course, I've also had men at one of my dog clubs tease me and say the're next
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #35
theelf
Registered Users
seller

I have had mom's approach me while nursing to say, "Gosh I remember those days! So sweet!" or "Good for you". I didn't think it was weird. They all had that BTDT tone (or had one with them). I always appreciated it. I never felt like I wasn't being discreet or anything. It was nice to be acknowledged in a positive manner. So many people are negative. I say go for it!

Kim M.
theelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:40 PM   #36
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

So the general opinion seems to be that a positive comment, if opportunity arises, would be welcomed...good to know!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:02 AM   #37
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would rather people didn't come up to me and chat while I am nursing. In public a smile rather than a scowl is always welcomed.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:21 PM   #38
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

We're on our 3rd baby that I've NIP and the first time I got a positive comment was last week when I was nursing Taci while we visited her great,great grandmother. The nurse in the nursing home said"You guys look so comfortable,I'm glad to see somebody nursing in public".
I've recently gotten over my fear of NIP(as long as I have a nursing shirt) and it was really encouraging to get a positive comment

Sarah
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:54 PM   #39
childers521
Registered Users

Since Payne is prone to popping off the boob when he hears someone talking to me- it is probably best (so they don't get an eyeful of nipple) if they just give me one of those knowing smiles and maybe a quiet "good for you" from a safe distance, lol

That is what I usually do when I see someone NIP -offer a little positive reinforcement, without intruding.

Last edited by childers521; 06-23-2006 at 01:55 PM.
childers521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:57 PM   #40
Blessedmommieof3
Registered Users
seller

I'd probably offer a positive comment if the opportunity was there. Like if I were sitting near someone, I might make a comment, but I'd probably just smile & keep on if she were way across the room/store/hall/etc. LOL

The ones I REALLY want to give a pat on the back to are the really YOUNG mamas! Makes me so proud to see them NIP. My nursing days are over as my babies are all growing up on me, but personally I'd welcome any positive comments - those meanies with criticism need not speak!