Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm turning into a Grouch!

I don't know what is wrong with me, but I have the SHORTEST temper lately. I do full time daycare, and I don't know if it is wearing on me, or I'm just too tired. I'm thinking that I'm too tired. My patience is so thin during the day, and all I want to do is lay down. I have been thinking about letting my daycare kids go that are only here part time, and only keeping the full time ones until I really need to.

The only reason I am still doing it is for income, at this point. DH said he can cover all the bills after April, so I'm thinking that will be it for me. I need to start taking naps when my DD and DS do, instead of working a full 8 hour day, and then passing out at 8pm.

Anyone else really tired or cranky?

Advertisement

Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I'm turning into a Grouch!

I was like that from weeks 5-8. I literally slept 10-13 hours per night and still felt like I was hit by a Mack truck come morning. I'm sure its really hard on you, especially with twins. I'm sure your body is in overdrive!!!

Do the daycare kids all nap? If so, maybe lay down for 20-30 mins when they first go down for naps. Just take some time to rest and relax may help recharge you a bit.

Or try consuming some chia seeds. THey can help give you some natural energy without added caffeine. I usually add about a tbsp to a large glass of water, let sit for about 10 minutes until they plump up, and then drink. To change it up a bit, sometimes I put them in a glass of watered down cherry juice with some lime juice added. I call it a 'cherry fresca'
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I can't lay for just 30minutes! If I do, I'll be numb and fuzzy. My temper is short too. Well.....at least your day care kids go home. I have 7 kids here that NEVER leave LOL!!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I felt really tired from weeks 9-11, and im only carrying one baby! I do have two other little ones but so do you and thats not including the daycare kids. I watched one little boy for a short time (long enough to save up for dd's bunk beds) and i found it exhausting to have to watch one extra child, can't imagine watching more than three kids for 8 hours. You may want to try to cut down to just the full time day care kids and see if that helps you, before you let them all go, you never know you may not feel as tired if you have less kids to care for.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm tired constantly.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have been exhausted and short tempered. My DD was laying beside me on the couch which would have been fine except she wouldn't stop squirming and kicking and it made me want to throw her off the couch.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been really short tempered lately. It doesn't help that my one year old needs to literally be on top of me alllll day.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
ciles
Registered Users

My Mood:
I've been the same way. My patience is lacking.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
sweetpea101506
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant with my third and I've been like this too. I'm getting like 10-12 hours at night and still seem to need a couple hour nap during the day. I'm glad both of my kids are in school during the day so that I can sleep while they are gone. It's really been giving me issues at work though because I can't seem to even be there for more than an hour or two without having to sit down (I stand the entire shift, minus my breaks/lunch). I haven't been able to get much done at home either, between the exhaustion and the morning sickness. I'm hoping it'll let up soon, but it hasn't yet.
sweetpea101506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:29 AM   #10
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It must be the hormones. I've been the same way too, short with everyone. Not even in the mood to deal with my toddler at times