Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love this forum

I've been wanting to get rid of a lot of stuff and known there was a lot to get rid of, but wasn't motivated enough to do so. Until we suddenly found out we were going to have to move end of May. We moved here 2 years ago with the biggest moving truck you can rent. And now we have more so I'm on a mission!

In the past few weeks I've gotten rid of by dumping or donating:
4 bags of clothes from my closet
3 bags of sheets from my linen closet
1 bag of trash from my linen closet
1 bag of misc clothes/sheets/towels
2 pairs of shoes & 5 purses
2 old cell phones
my wedding dress (donating to Every Girls Dream in Michigan)
box of keepsakes from ex-DH
2 coffeemakers
3 tubs of manic panic hair dye
2 company t-shirts
and posted 8 items for sale

I'm also washing/ironing DSs clothes that are going in the consignment sale in May and contacting someone at work who's looking for an extra infant car seat.

I'm kinda keeping track for the 2013 thing. This place is truly inspiring, thank you all!!!

Advertisement

I Swagbucks
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: I love this forum

I like this forum too. Especially when I feel like I haven't been doing enough or feeling burnt out. I can come here for some inspiration.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
mamaNMH
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's awesome! I love when I get on a roll and things just fly out the door I'm on a mission as well...to get things "perfect" before the next baby comes in about 2 months! We donated a full car load earlier this week and I'm already started on filling a new box! We're almost there with the purge part so that lets us get to the organizing. Its so nice to have places for everything!

It is great to have a place to come to get inspired and motivated!
Old 03-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaNMH View Post
That's awesome! I love when I get on a roll and things just fly out the door I'm on a mission as well...to get things "perfect" before the next baby comes in about 2 months! We donated a full car load earlier this week and I'm already started on filling a new box! We're almost there with the purge part so that lets us get to the organizing. Its so nice to have places for everything!

It is great to have a place to come to get inspired and motivated!
There's something about a baby on the way that just makes a mama wanna clear shtuff out! Maybe it's the realization that in 2 months you're going to have a newborn... and all this shtuff to clean constantly. Ain't nobody got time for that!
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
mamaNMH
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
There's something about a baby on the way that just makes a mama wanna clear shtuff out! Maybe it's the realization that in 2 months you're going to have a newborn... and all this shtuff to clean constantly. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Exactly! I just know that I'll be kicking myself later if I don't simplify, declutter, and organize ahead of time! Plus, I want to spend my time with my little ones, not cleaning!!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aw, I want another LO on the way!! I warned DH last week as I was putting maternity & nursing tanks up for sale that I would get pregnant as soon as they sold!

Honestly, I come here every night before I leave work and read some stuff (even if it's really old) to get motivated for when I get home.

I Swagbucks
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
mamaNMH
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another baby coming certainly makes cleaning a priority! Not that I'm complaining

I do the same thing when I'm not as motivated. I'll go back through the pictures of everyone's rooms and homes to give myself a little kick in the butt!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
That is exactly how I found myself in this forum. And to say it's been life changing is practically an understatement. I'm one of those people who flit around from project to project, kinda completely nothing and everything all at once. I thought minimalism would be another one of my passing fads, but it's not. It's how I want to live. Now....I wish dieting and exercise would come so easily.