Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2007, 12:10 AM   #1
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

possible TMI but there's no one else to tell...

This might be TMI...

I woke up after 30 minutes of sleeping in excruciating pain. It felt like I had to poo, but I couldn't (I've never been constipated in my life). I took a hour hot shower to relax and it did absolutely nothing - it always works. we have no laxatives of any kind, nor foods that would help this and the damn grocery store that's open at this hour is 15 miles away and I can't bring myself to wake DH to ask him to go and lord knows I can't drive - I'm doubled over in pain.

13 weeks should not equal this "I want to poo or pee or something but can't" pain........but it does.

I'm out here sitting on the couch trying not to cry - it hurts so bad.

Advertisement

mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:23 AM   #2
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: possible TMI but there's no one else to tell...

ouch, that happened to me once or twice. Send him, it will be MUCH worse if he doesn't go to the store and you get hemorroids. Tell him to get some gel for that while he's there too!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:52 AM   #3
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

I tried to wake DH and couldn't get him to stir.

So, I sat down, relaxed, and tried to visualize my bowel as it was and as it should be. In my mind I slowly changed my current bowel to the way it should be

And I just poo'ed.

I can't decide if I should be baffled or celebrating like the kid who just got potty trained... Either way, crisis adverted. Tomorrow I'm picking up some freaking laxatives so I'm not up for 3 hours tomorrow night too...

ETA: now i feel silly about posting.... darn it though....it hurt...

Last edited by mommytaylor; 05-18-2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:06 AM   #4
ecrawfor80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That happened to me when I was pregnant and took baking soda as directed on the side of the box and it worked great within 10 minutes. Not something you would want to take on a regular basis at all, but it's great for every once in awhile! I think it's 1/4 tsp mixed in 1/4 cup of water...or something close to that. Dosen't taste so good, but sure takes care of the gas and helps things move out!
ecrawfor80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:31 AM   #5
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

I woke up this morning feeling identical to how I felt last night. DH is going to pick me up some meds - in the meantime I'm not going to work. I'd feel pretty useless sitting on the toilet 90% of my time....not to mention kinda embarassed
Old 05-18-2007, 06:42 AM   #6
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had 2 nights where I woke up 2 times each night with stabbing pains in my stomach and I KNEW I had to poo. Went to the rr, no luck, back to bed, had to go immediately back to the rr and after a couple mins went and it was (TMI I KNOW) peanutbuttery so if I had taken laxatives the results would have been nasty. I don't know what caused it and it only happened 2 nights but it sucked and hurt. I hope that was just an isolated incident, but make sure before you take meds you call your doc/mw to find out what you can take.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:57 AM   #7
ThreeBunniesMoma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Could be your gallbladder, what did you eat prior to the pain?

ETA: NEvermind, should have read ahead. lol

Last edited by ThreeBunniesMoma; 05-18-2007 at 06:58 AM.
ThreeBunniesMoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:40 AM   #8
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

In terms of meds, I called my doc this morning and she said metamucil or colace - stool softeners, not laxatives Boo.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #9
Phooey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't have any problems with that during the first two pregnancies, but this one (now 34 weeks) is quite...uhhh... challenging. I eat two apples, two handfulls of dried apricots, and drink a minimum of 96 oz. of water a day (some days I add popcorn and extra fruit) and STILL sometimes have that gassy/poo'ie pressure pain.

My doc says stool softeners (not laxatives) are OK, too.

Since they like to have you poop before you leave the hospital after delivery, I'm going to ask for a stool softener right after delivery.

Phooey on planning for the little things
Kim, WIFE to an amazing hubby, MOM to Duncan (12 - early teenager syndrome), Jensen (10 - middle child syndrome), two angels, Rowan (3 - preschooler syndrome), and Kaylen Grace (born 10/29/10 - Down syndrome).
Phooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #10
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Are you getting enough fiber in your diet? If you had nothing in your house to help things alone, that's not a good sign. Make sure you're eating plenty of fruits, veggies, and grains! It's so important in pregnancy! Not only for your bowels to stay regular, but also for your growing baby. Also, you may want to consider switching your pre-natal vitamin. Sometimes they can cause constipation, as do iron supplements. If you can get good quality natural supplements, you'll be MUCH better off. I, personally don't take supplements when pregnant, they mess up my gut something aweful. So, in turn, I have to be extra sure to make sure I eat a balanced healthy diet and get all the right nutrients at all the right times.

It will be more effective (and you'll be better off!) to solve the problem by modifying your diet.. though definitely keep some colace on hand, jic. I sure do! For some of us, even in spite of our best efforts, it's just a side effect of pregnancy. And don't feel silly for posting it, our bodies do some WIERD things when we're pregnant!

Last edited by ChurchPunkMom; 05-18-2007 at 01:34 PM.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote