Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else watching their weight this pregnancy?

Unfortunately, I haven't lost the weight from the last two. It's freakin hard! So, according to the chart I am supposed to gain between 11-20lbs this pregnancy based on my starting weight. Holy cow! I can't imagine only gaining 11lbs! But, I've decided to make it a goal. That way if I go over and gain 20, I still won't feel bad.
I figure the only way I am going to accomplish this is to exercise and eat super healthy. I'm not dieting, so don't lecture.

My first kid was born early, so when I got pregnant with #2 I was affraid of every twinge and cramp. I did no exercise. Infact, I basically sat on my a** for 9 months. He wasn't born early, but I paid for it. After he was born I had horrible swelling, crippling carpel tunnel and fatigue. I had gained too much weight and had no strength. I was miserable. I couldn't even BF because I couldn't feel my fingers.

So... this time I am going to take care of myself! It is sooo important to me for BFing to be enjoyable and successful this time!

Here's roughly what I've been eating...

B egg whites w/veggies in ww tortilla w/salsa (fat from olive oil for cooking)

S raw veggies w/homemade hummus (fat from olive oil & tahini)

L huge spinach salad w/seeds or beans, tomatoes, veggies, low-fat dressing

S plain, fat-free yogurt w/stevia & fruit

D lean meat, quinoa or brown rice & veggies

S sometimes homemade popcorn (fat from olive oil)

I've done some walking, light free weights, squats and stretching this week. I plan to pick up the consistancy.

Anyone else worried about weight gain?

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
bellamama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else watching their weight this pregnancy?

I plan on being active. I'd like to keep it under 15 pounds. Which is about what I gained last time. I've gained a bit lately so I could stand to stay at my current weight for a while. As long as I feel good! Hopefully the snow will let up soon. I feel really blah right now
Old 03-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's what I'm thinking, too. I can probably stand to stay at my current weight for the first trimester. I actually feel amazing! I really don't know why I don't eat right and exercise always
Weather here is starting to get really nice. That definitely helps.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I didn't loose right after second one well then pregnant with . I hope I Louise will like after my oldest.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
octoberblush
Registered Users
seller
seller

My biggest craving last pregnancy was steak and it definitely added the pounds FAST. I gained almost 100 lbs and it has taken me all of two years to slowly get rid of it. Since the birth of my last child I have switched to plant based cooking and have felt healthier than ever. So I am keeping that 'diet' and trying not to eat hormonally while being more aware of making sure I get extra plant based proteins and fats. My weakness is chocolate and bubble tea. I plan on continuing the running and aerobics that I am doing now until I need to stop the aerobics. I can't wait to start running outside... spring, please come sooner than later!
ISO- the remote. Always the dang remote.
octoberblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good for you Brittney! Very inspirational. I am a beginner runner. But I'm afraid to run while pregnant. I got contractions/cramps whenever I walked briskly during my last pregnancy. If you experience that will you stop running? Or am I over paranoid? I would like to stay active for this entire pregnancy.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
octoberblush
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have never run while pregnant because I was paranoid as well. The only reason I am running this time is because I have been running for awhile. I think what you are doing now is great and if it works into some light running that feels comfortable to you then go for it. If I started having cramping I'd probably slow down. I need to portion out healthy snacks like you are doing. If I don't have a healthy snack planned.. I reach for chocolate or something sweet and carby. =\
ISO- the remote. Always the dang remote.
octoberblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes. I get ravenous if I don't have snacks.
I've read that it's ok to continue whatever exercise you were doing but not to start anything new or more intense. I am a slow runner and can't go more than 30 minutes without my heart rate getting too high. Maybe I'll pick running back up after pregnancy. I hope that I can power walk without getting contractions this time. At 37 weeks when I was miserable and totally sick of being pregnant, I took a brisk walk and sure enough, my water broke and labor started!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

Definitely trying harder this time around. I wanted to drop about 5 more lbs before I got pregnant to get to my goal weight but didn't quite make it. Sigh. Oh well. So I'm trying to basically just keep up my healthy lifestyle. My last pregnancies the fatigue got the best of me and I just chilled too
Much I think. My diet had always been good but it's even better now, generally. I just need to keep the sugar cravings at bay. I find if I just keep it out of the house I do better. I'm a runner and I'm going to keep up with that more this time. I'm trying to do a half marathon at the end of April. We shall see how that goes! I've never
Done more than 10k when pregnant. But I've done a half recently so it should be fine. I'm planning to do it just to finish, not to push myself
Or anything. I gained 30 with DS and about 35
With DD. I'd like to keep it to that or less this time.
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's a great goal, Kate. I do remember how bad the fatigue can get. It can make it hard to funtion. We shall see. I was very indulgent with my cravings the last two times. If I can keep up my healthy eating habits, I should be able to keep the weight gain under control even if I'm too fatigued to stay as active as I want.