Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #21
ParamedicMama
Registered Users
Formerly: Rachel**t
seller
seller

Re: Anyone else watching their weight this pregnancy?

So I gained 40 lbs for both of my previous pregnancies, lost all but ten from the first, and then kept TWENTY from the second. I have definitely tried everything and the weight wouldn't budge. Actually, it went down for a little bit but then came back.

Anyway.

I am REALLY overweight for myself and am terrified of gaining weight this pregnancy but I don't really know how to avoid it. I'm gonna have to figure something out!

Advertisement

Making an almost FT WAHM income--ASK ME if you want help doing the same!!!!
Life More Simply Blog
ideas, reviews, and giveaways to help you live life more simply in the real world!
October's Heart : my journey out of domestic violence
ParamedicMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #22
pumpkinseeds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamedicMama View Post
So I gained 40 lbs for both of my previous pregnancies, lost all but ten from the first, and then kept TWENTY from the second. I have definitely tried everything and the weight wouldn't budge. Actually, it went down for a little bit but then came back.

Anyway.

I am REALLY overweight for myself and am terrified of gaining weight this pregnancy but I don't really know how to avoid it. I'm gonna have to figure something out!
be active! Ive been taking extra walks and getting in the habit of just being more active. Ive also started using a resistance band and a balance ball with hand weights (5-10lbs) and just squeezing in a little more of it every day. Ive actually lost a few pounds this go around.

I was 140-145 when i got pregnant with my last kid and around 180 when I delivered. I got back to 140-150, but managed to find it all again between 2008 and now
Old 03-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #23
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamedicMama View Post
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that we will gain at least some weight before this is over. I think a good goal if your overweight (like me) is to try to keep it under 20. I figure that way, after baby is born I will only have 10 or so extra pounds left. That's a lot better than 50!

I agree with staying active. And, definitely eat enough calories for making a baby, but be very picky about where those calories come from. Just try to eat 200 calories of raw broccoli... you would be stuffed, if you could even do it.

I don't always crave fruits and veggies, but I am making them my main dish while I'm pregnant. With a small side of whole grain once or twice a day and protien. And I'm leaving out the condiments that add a lot of extra sugar, fat and salt like ketchup, butter, ranch, jelly, etc. My exceptions are hummus and olive oil. But a little fat is good and I make the hummus myself and half the salt.
I have little bites and licks here and there when I'm preparing food for the kids so I don't feel like anything is completely off limits. That's a sure way to cause me to binge eat.

Good luck mama! We can do it!

Last edited by tabitha84; 03-11-2013 at 05:22 PM.
tabitha84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #24
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I could stand to lose weight, even during the pregnancy. I weigh almost as much right now as I did the day I delivered my oldest (5.5 years ago) and I gained 55lbs with him!!! Lost some and then gained 45 with the next, lost it all and gained the same 45 back with the 3rd. Lost a bunch and then gained from stress and such. According to my BMI, I should also only gain 11-20. I am shooting for less than 10.

I have recently implemented a new eating style. It's not a diet. It's just healthier eating. I have a greens smoothie for breakfast (spinach, banana, rolled oats, greek yogurt, honey and strawberries), a loaded salad for lunch (spinach, carrots, celery, chicken, bacon bits and vinaigrette dressing) and I've eliminated grains from our dinners. I stick to popcorn and nuts for snacks.

I know that I'm getting plenty of nutrients and protein, so I won't worry at all if I lose.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #25
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am going to try eating healthy this time, no sugar and processed grains (as soon as this box of girl scout cookies is gone) We eat kosher so that is healthier as well. I would like this baby to eat my muffin top.

Last edited by cjslater1; 03-14-2013 at 02:11 PM.
cjslater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #26
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjslater1 View Post
I would like this baby to eat my muffin top.
Bahahaha! Yes!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #27
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabitha84

Bahahaha! Yes!
Hahaha. Ditto! I wish it were that easy! I just ate a whole tray of roasted potatoes. They were so good! At least I ran 5 mi today. Hopefully that balances out. Somehow I don't think it will keep me from eating cookies too. Guess I'm not doing too well here!
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #28
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecornflakes View Post
Hahaha. Ditto! I wish it were that easy! I just ate a whole tray of roasted potatoes. They were so good! At least I ran 5 mi today. Hopefully that balances out. Somehow I don't think it will keep me from eating cookies too. Guess I'm not doing too well here!
Kate! Quit it!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #29
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I usually gain about 30 pounds a pregnancy. This is my 5th pregnancy, so my uterus was super excited to pop out of my pelvis, which is just great.... ugh. I'm trying not to let the fact that I am already REALLY showing effect my body image.