Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Showing off

Just thought I'd post some pics of what I've been up to (you know, between work, 6 kids, and yarn shopping!)

These aren't great pics of the shorties but isn't she precious! These were the LTK Picky Pants pattern with Hobby Lobby wool. You can't really tell about the color but it's dark purple and green. I wasn't sure about the ruffles on shorties but I've gotten so many compliments and they're starting to grow on me!

This is my first "good" yarn...Smurf Coffee (from Purly Q) from FSOT. This is the Evie Pants pattern. As I was making these, I went back and forth about the color but now that they're done, I think I like them! I'm going to embroider a shirt with a sandcastle or something beachy. The gusset on these is crazy wonky because I thought I had the pattern memorized and...well...I should have double-checked. You can't tell when they're on her though. And cables are way more trouble than they're worth with variegated yarn but at least they're finished because I've got a million more projects in the queue!

And now for the latest work in progress...I think I'm going to do these just as basic longies with lots of room to roll the legs so she can grow into them in the fall. And they'll be pretty GN when I'm ready to pass them on. Nothing fancy...just let the colors do their thing. I'm amazed at how vibrant these colors are. I had envisioned more blue with splashes of color but it turns out, it's more color with splashes of blue. Still, I'm happy with how it's working up so far. I want to see more...I hate having to put it down but I've got to get some work done! This is "Cowboy's Campfire" on Licorice Twist by http://hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy. I have some other Licorice Twist yarn but this is much heavier and squishier and just wonderful. That's why I'm making these in size large. I figure they'll be perfect for nighttime now and by the time the weather cools off, she will have grown into them a little better.

Thanks for looking!

Advertisement

Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!

Last edited by bfoster2000; 03-09-2013 at 01:25 PM.
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
PrettyinPink89
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Showing off

Oooooh, so pretty!!
PrettyinPink89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
mountainmama2002
Registered Users

Re: Showing off