Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
My Mood:
Control Journals

So not necessarily minimalist, as it makes more work for me initially haha, but I want to try a control journal.Any FlyLady followers, or non followers, that have a control journal?
Can you tell me how you set yours up?
What is included?
How did you go about figuring it all out? Seems the oddest question, but I way over think these things!
Purchased a new plastic binder and a nicer set of 8 tabbed dividers to use in my journal. Was also gifted a larger sized booklet style calendar the other day, which should work along with my journal nicely.

My only thought thus far was using three sections specifically for my children. Putting their important documents and info into the journal. In the event something happens to me, everything truly essential is in one place.
Five more sections to figure out! Help please!

~Lana~ SAHM and EMT student to J 4/11/07, Asperger's, ADHD, ODD, MDNOS A 3/25/10, Autism N 10/14/11
GreenHome Sewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Control Journals

I don't call mine a control journal, but do use what I call a family binder. In it I have all of our cash in their respective envelopes (zippered pencil cases); a section with our monthly budget printed out and due dates noted; car section with make/model/vin number of each vehicle, corresponding insurance info and the lawn mower; health section with provider names/contact info and insurance infor for each family member as well; username/passwords section; and a party planning section-because we're always in the middle of planning a party for something or someone. Hope it helps.
Julie-Breastfeeding Educator
Wife to Steve
Mama to Ria 5/08, Wyatt 10/14/11 and expecting #3 in April.
specialdelivery is offline   Reply With Quote