Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
TCKmom
Registered Users

Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 10th - 16th

I was having a lot of difficulty breathing and feeling a lot of pressure on my lungs but the last week or so has been better. Besides, now I'm having to get up just about every hour during the night to pee so she's definitely moving down. I'm also getting lots of pressure in my pelvis/cervix and occasional sharp pains in my cervix. 34 weeks and 2 days today! I can't believe our babies are so close to arrival!!! Physically, I am very ready to be done with pregnancy but I have soooo much to do before Kaelan arrives. Craziness!

Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #12
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I totally feel those having Heavy breathing, I've been telling DH I feel like an obese smoker too LOL!
Old 03-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #13
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

36 weeks this week! WooHoo!!!

I was only up once last night so I'm starting to sleep better, yay! I hope that keeps up but I'm not counting on it, lol. Contractions are still happening but nothing consistent or progressive, just painful at times.

Today DH and SIL moved furniture so the bedrooms are now switched!!! We also got the crib set up. All that's left is some final arranging and decorating. I plan on getting that finished up this week while SIL is still here It's all coming together!

I hope everyone has an awesome week!
Old 03-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #14
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
So, my dog bit me yesterday and today i fall while holding clara. She bounces her head on concrete and i use every body part to try and not land on my belly. My knuckles, wrist, chin, cheek, knee! Im completely banged up. Text mw and pretty sure baby is fine, still wiggling away! Ppl at the grocery store had the look of pure pity on their faces:/

So how is everyone elses weekend??

Mw coming tomorrow. 37w on wednesday.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Cecili - I hope you're okay! That's just not fun or fair!

Doula just left.. we had a nice labor rehearsal/review.
Got out pillows and chairs and laboring balls and talked about positions and different labor scenarios... was good.

was also very real. As I've mentioned a time or two, this pregnancy seems like it's happening in the background. When I meet with her and we talk about these things, it all of a sudden seems very real and a little bit intimidating.

DH is still a bit nervous, but says that rationally, he's ready, but when it's all happening, he's sure rational will fly out the window

if I was a normal birth, I'd be at the place where they'd deliver me on base as they won't deliver earlier than 36 weeks here. That sorta seems like a milestone... even though it doesn't work for me.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #16
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
So, my dog bit me yesterday and today i fall while holding clara. She bounces her head on concrete and i use every body part to try and not land on my belly. My knuckles, wrist, chin, cheek, knee! Im completely banged up. Text mw and pretty sure baby is fine, still wiggling away! Ppl at the grocery store had the look of pure pity on their faces:/

Oh gosh maybe just sit on the couch with your feet up for a few days!

full term!!!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #17
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Full term tomorrow. Found out this week that I'm GBS +. That really stinks for so many reasons.

I labor fast and live 1 hr from birthing center/midwife. If my water breaks I have no chance of getting two hours of antibiotics into my system (based on history).

DH will come home tomorrow from business trip but he'll be gone again next weekend (Friday-Tuesday) for a different trip.

I'm so exhausted.

Also, my 4yo son was almost completely potty trained except for overnight. Now he's regressed to maybe making it to pee once a day in the potty and everything else happens in the pull up. Yuck. I really have never dealt with that behavior and am lost at what to do.

LO still doesn't have a name and DH is so freakin laid back about everything bc his job is so busy that home stuff is pretty much inconsequential child's play to him.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #18
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Today I started potty training my almost 2 year old. She had been dry all day and actually asked to go poop on the potty pee I just keep takin her. She turns 2 next week so she might just have it down by 2
Old 03-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #19
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena
Today I started potty training my almost 2 year old. She had been dry all day and actually asked to go poop on the potty pee I just keep takin her. She turns 2 next week so she might just have it down by 2
That's so great!
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #20
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Breathing......i tell ppl i feel like a 500lb, 60yo smoker.
I'm totally going to use that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post
Yes, I do know what you mean. Thought I was just too in touch with my body. My cervix has been bothering me too at times....."aching," even some sharp pains at times. Especially when Abel decides he wants to stretch out as far as he can.....
So glad that we will be meeting our squishies soon! I feel like on the late end of that though.....feeling like this pregnancy is lasting FOREVER!
Oh, the sharp jabs are horrible, not to mention the aching. I feel like they are just constantly stretched out- so high in my ribs but all the way in my bottom and cervix too It does feel like pregnancy is lasting FOREVER! Although I want it to last a bit longer since I'm not quite full term yet
Quote:

So how is everyone elses weekend??

Ugh, rough couple of days! I hope you can take it easy and recover from that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
Full term tomorrow. Found out this week that I'm GBS +. That really stinks for so many reasons.

Also, my 4yo son was almost completely potty trained except for overnight. Now he's regressed to maybe making it to pee once a day in the potty and everything else happens in the pull up. Yuck. I really have never dealt with that behavior and am lost at what to do.
Yay for full term, but boo for GBS That does sound complicated My 4yo dd has totally regressed as well She hasn't even worn pullups at all for like 2 years and now she is pooping in her underwear or next to the toilet. Although tonight she is crying because she says it hurts to pee or poo, so maybe she has an infection. I will have to keep an eye on that.

We have our midwife home visit tomorrow- getting so close to being able to have a homebirth! It's a little early, but she's done everything about 2-3 weeks early for this birth just in case. I will be clear for homebirth on Saturday, but I'm hoping for April because the babies are still quite small and I don't feel comfortable having babies that small at home.

I hope everyone has a good week, despite the horrible time change! Praying for happy kids and not the grumpy kids who generally show up when the time changes!