Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #191
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 10th - 16th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post
I had a friend that said EVERYTIME she and her hubby DTD, she bled. That was her third pregnancy...not sure about the others.

Thiught I'd mention a great website for glasses for future reference....www.zennioptical.com.....super cheap and they are actually great. Have gotten more complements on these than any other pair I have ever had and the great part is I spent ab$30 !
We were a little... frisky so I'm assuming that stirred things up in there, irritated my cervix a bit. Either way, I'm not worried about it - I'm either just about 36 weeks (Sunday) or all ready 36+ weeks (u/s). I just want more weeks to get ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
So we have a contract on the house!!!!! Now we have to get ready to move LOL!
Wow that was fast! Did you agree on a different closing date?

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #192
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Wow that was fast! Did you agree on a different closing date?
Yes we are looking at may 4 th but the closing date is a see when I have the baby everyone understands kind of thing.

We will probably move into a rental bc we will most likely have a house built! Let the fun begin!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #193
TCKmom
Registered Users

Quote:
I kwym - I get pretty great sleep with a newborn, honestly. I've gotten really good at nursing side-lying, so I just latch baby on when they stir, before they even fully wake, and go back to sleep myself.

I wouldn't worry about her positioning. As long as she's head down, you should be good to go. It would be really strange for her feet to stay there when her head moves down. I'm sure she'll move her feet so you don't deliver them all
Yep, definitely did that more than a few times with DD and I'm sure I'll be feeding in my sleep this time around too, lol

Yeah, the doctor said that as her head emerges, her feet will stretch behind her. She may just want to fold herself back in half for the next few days since that's the position she's been cramped in for so long

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Sage View Post
I've been in the hospital since Monday because of some cardiac and respiratory symptoms I've been having. My OB is keeping me in the hospital until I deliver, which will be this weekend when I reach full term!
Oh no, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well but that's so exciting that you're going to meet your lo soon! Praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby!

Quote:
mibarra--hugs. AND I just wanted to tell you that I am so impresssed with how you are handling things. I think you are an incredible, strong, smart woman who is handling everything with such grace and dignity for yourself and your family.
I too am amazed at the way in which you are handling all of this.

Quote:
I got Levi laid down for a nap and DH and I... well There was some blood, not gushing or bright or anything, just there, kwim? Poor DH got worried right away, then was shocked when I said it's not worrisome to me.
I do hope nothing starts cuz of it though - Hiccup MUST stay in there (hear me, Hiccup?!!!!) We need more time!
DH and I decided to put a halt on things last week when I had serious contractions all day long after dtd in the morning before I went to work. Not sure if that was really the cause or not but we are waiting until I reach full term just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Momma View Post
AFM: My appointment went well today. I'm 2cm dilated and 60% effaced. I know I can stay like that for a while longer but I'm happy to know things are happening! Midwife was surprised at how low baby's head is, lol, I've been feeling baby push down for a while now so I wasn't too surprised to hear this. I start my weekly appointments now. Soooooooo close now!!!!!!!
So exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
It's easy to feel done these last few weeks but I just keep trying to remind myself how much things will change and how I need to spend this time enjoying our kids and DH as much as I can.
I am right there with you. Trying to take it one day at a time and keep focused on the moment I'm in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumfyKozies View Post
SUPER long story made short, my midwife thought I may have pre-eclampsia this past week so I had a plethora of labs done. Turns out I do not, but I have severe B12 anemia as well as a host of other nutrient deficiencies including Vitamin D, iron, magnesium, and calcium. I had severe hyperemesis for the first 20 weeks of this pregnancy and was zofran around the clock just to keep water down, so the nutrient deficiency makes sense, but I've had such a healthy diet since I've been able to eat, it was shocking to me that I was so depleted. Baby Boy has been measuring very small, especially the past 8 weeks, but has been proportional in growth on ultrasounds so IUGR was ruled out. Turns out my body just is not recovering from the HG, much less properly growing a little human, and we're both not doing too well. I am on ridiculous amounts of supplements- B12 shots, as well as various other pills, liquids, and tinctures, to get my body to a place where it can cope with labor(and recover), and on Tuesday(when I'll be technically 37 weeks based on my latest EDD AND have been on all the treatments for a full week) I'll be starting large doses of EPO to help dilation get started. My midwife and I both believe this guy will be healthier and safer out here where he can nurse and be fed non-stop(or as much as he'll take ). I am already having sporadic true contractions throughout the day, so it seems that if I can just get dilation started, the contractions will keep rolling and we'll have a baby. Hoping so! I'd really like to be able to keep this induction natural and gentle and get my guy here safely- and sooner rather than later. So any time after Tuesday! Crazy to think about.
So scary! I'm sorry you're running into so many complications but I'm glad they noticed and are going to do something about it. Exciting that you will be holding your baby soon! I pray it all goes well.

Quote:
OH - silver linings and all that! We've got a boy-Hiccup name for sure - DS2 actually picked it out and told us, and DH and I both really love it Last night we sat around looking up girl names online, and I think we have it down to 2, maybe 3, choices. They're very different - one is old-fashioned, one is more modern - but DH is liking them both.
So no definite girl-Hiccup name, but at least we've got it narrowed down from everything to a few, lol.
I think choosing and agreeing on names is one of the hardest parts of the whole pregnancy, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
back from L&D and wondering almost what the point was. Doctor said to be cognizant of anything off for the next couple days. So, all my peace of mind is now on hold, I guess :P

ah well, probably just ultra paranoid, but my biggest paranoia right now is that a decision I make will be the wrong one. So, atleast I made the decision to get checked out.
Glad everything seems to be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post
Me too! I get on here after one day and read pages and pages. I feel like I am commenting on topics already passed.
Haha, don't worry. You're not the only one. I feel exactly the same way!

Quote:
Yes we are looking at may 4 th but the closing date is a see when I have the baby everyone understands kind of thing.

We will probably move into a rental bc we will most likely have a house built! Let the fun begin!
Exciting! Sounds like things will be crazy but fun for a while. Good luck with it all!

AFM: Had a very good visit with my OB yesterday and we were able to work out a few things that I was concerned about. I love my doctor.

And I definitely started leaking colostrum today. I had been wondering for a while because I swear I could smell it for weeks but DH just thought I was crazy. I was easily able to express some with my hands tonight though so I'm not crazy after all, lol. I'm hoping this is an indication that nursing will not be quite so challenging this time around!

35 weeks today! I can't believe how fast this is all going. I still have so much to do!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #194
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumfyKozies View Post
SUPER long story made short,
I'm glad your MW is keeping a close eye on you, and it sounds like baby will do better once he comes out.

Quote:
Sorry about the swelling - when my feet/ankles swell it's often quite painful.

AFM: We're supposed to get MORE freakin' snow today. I'm SO over winter and cold and snow!!!!

OH - silver linings and all that! We've got a boy-Hiccup name for sure - DS2 actually picked it out and told us, and DH and I both really love it Last night we sat around looking up girl names online, and I think we have it down to 2, maybe 3, choices. They're very different - one is old-fashioned, one is more modern - but DH is liking them both.
So no definite girl-Hiccup name, but at least we've got it narrowed down from everything to a few, lol.
It was 82 here today, and has been in the 80s for the past few days!!!! But it's supposed to cool down again, and there is a chance for snow next week. I do not like the warm weather when I'm this pregnant.

That's awesome about the names! We still have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
back from L&D and wondering almost what the point was. Doctor said to be cognizant of anything off for the next couple days. So, all my peace of mind is now on hold, I guess :P .
Well, it's good that all is well for now.

Quote:
So we have a contract on the house!!!!! Now we have to get ready to move LOL!
Wow! That was fast.

AFM:
I had my 37 week appointment today. Nothing exciting. My feet/ankles/legs are REALLY swelling up. The MW was concerned about it. I can't wear any of my shoes anymore. I did not swell this badly with my other two girls. She wants me to come in if there are any signs of preE, but so far I haven't had any. My blood pressure was 115/75 or something like that, so not high at all.

We have a busy day tomorrow: gymnastics, horseback riding, birthday party, and wedding.

Last edited by rverrone11; 03-15-2013 at 09:24 PM.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #195
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
That's okay then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKmom View Post
I think choosing and agreeing on names is one of the hardest parts of the whole pregnancy, lol.

AFM: Had a very good visit with my OB yesterday and we were able to work out a few things that I was concerned about. I love my doctor.
We've never really chosen names, so to speak... we kinda wait until we stumble on the right name. It's weird, but we've always felt the names we had were right - and then when baby is born and their personality comes out, the names all make sense.

for a good appt! and for loving your Dr!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
It was 82 here today, and has been in the 80s for the past few days!!!! But it's supposed to cool down again, and there is a chance for snow next week. I do not like the warm weather when I'm this pregnant.

AFM: I had my 37 week appointment today. Nothing exciting. My feet/ankles/legs are REALLY swelling up. The MW was concerned about it. I can't wear any of my shoes anymore. I did not swell this badly with my other two girls. She wants me to come in if there are any signs of preE, but so far I haven't had any. My blood pressure was 115/75 or something like that, so not high at all.
I'm not listening. 80 flippin' degrees. bah!

I can see why she's concerned about the swelling - it seems like it's more than your normal "last few weeks of pregnancy swollen ankles" swelling. But your BP is wonderful, so that's good! Hopefully it'll stay good and not create any troubles.

AFM: DH got the photos for skating done this afternoon. Now he's editing them so I can get everything printed and finished up for "thank yous" for the instructors and get the photos organized to hand out to parents. Thank goodness we're nearly done this year! I can't wait to just hand over my papers and stuff and just be done with it.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #196
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

No progress with dilation at my appt, but sitting here tonight feeling this odd vaginal pressure like something is working it's way out, and it's all tingly. Weird. Got doc to do STD testing. Some blood work and a spatula to the cervix, just waiting on results. FX that it's negative!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #197
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
My girls night was actually a mini surprise baby shower<3 i requested pedis before "dinner" which made me late to my shower:/ oops. It was a fun night though

And apoarently it was suppose to be last sat so my mom could come, but bc my friends bro passed away, her work schedule got messed up and the date change so my mom couldnt make it tonight. Explains why she came to visit last sat. I posted a pic of my girls tonight on fb and she commented "what" on it. So now im worried shes pissed and going to hold a grudge against my party planners....shes like that arg.

Anyway.

I hope the std screen comes back neg for everyones sake!!!!

And yay for deciding on names!!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #198
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

those who get contractions after sex. is it that your orgasm or his semen that causes it??
Old 03-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #199
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
No progress with dilation at my appt, but sitting here tonight feeling this odd vaginal pressure like something is working it's way out, and it's all tingly. Weird. Got doc to do STD testing. Some blood work and a spatula to the cervix, just waiting on results. FX that it's negative!
I have that feeling a lot lately, too - like Hiccup is clawing his way out down there. Not comfy!
for ya, mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
My girls night was actually a mini surprise baby shower<3 i requested pedis before "dinner" which made me late to my shower:/ oops. It was a fun night though

And apoarently it was suppose to be last sat so my mom could come, but bc my friends bro passed away, her work schedule got messed up and the date change so my mom couldnt make it tonight. Explains why she came to visit last sat. I posted a pic of my girls tonight on fb and she commented "what" on it. So now im worried shes pissed and going to hold a grudge against my party planners....shes like that arg.
what a nice surprise - even if you were late! Were they trying to rush/hurry things at all at your pedi? Sneaking texts to someone to let them know you were late?

Ugh. My mom would be the same way - everyone's plans should fit into her little box, obviously. Yes, including people dying. If she decides to be pissy about it, that's her (silly) choice to ruin it, but don't let it ruin things for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
those who get contractions after sex. is it that your orgasm or his semen that causes it??
I assume orgasm for me, as the contractions come right away. If they were from semen I'd think they'd take longer to start and last longer? But I'm not totally sure, just guessing!

AFM: I have a stupid busy day today - have to get groceries, return a few things, print skating photos, pick up gift cards for skating instructor "thank you's", come home and make a "main course" for bible study/pot luck tomorrow... which I'm not even sure we'll make it to because they're forecasting another snowstorm tomorrow.
And I woke up early this morning, tossed & turned for 15 minutes then just decided to get up... but then Levi woke up early too. Shoot!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #200
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
Definitely orgasm. That's why when you are on pelvic rest you can't "help yourself". TMI, but after 8 months of pelvic rest and dh deployed I would have some pretty intense dreams and just that would set off bad contractions and wake me up. Semen does something but I can't remember what. Effacement?