Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #21
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 10th - 16th

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
Full term tomorrow. Found out this week that I'm GBS +. That really stinks for so many reasons.

I labor fast and live 1 hr from birthing center/midwife. If my water breaks I have no chance of getting two hours of antibiotics into my system (based on history).

Also, my 4yo son was almost completely potty trained except for overnight. Now he's regressed to maybe making it to pee once a day in the potty and everything else happens in the pull up. Yuck. I really have never dealt with that behavior and am lost at what to do.
Shoot. Sorry about the GBS.
I'm pretty sure they want 4 hours of antibiotics before birth, otherwise they'll try to intervene with observation of baby, possibly trying to do so in the nursery, possibly preventative antibiotics for baby after birth
Hmm... is there any way they'd work with you/your body to do a gentle induction - not right now, but in another couple weeks? I'm not all for inductions for convenience or want... but to me, getting the antibiotics in in time would be worth it, to save baby and mom that hassle after birth.

Oh dear. I have no clue about dealing with the pottying troubles. That's... odd. Maybe just from stress about the new baby coming, and daddy being gone so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
Today I started potty training my almost 2 year old. She had been dry all day and actually asked to go poop on the potty pee I just keep takin her. She turns 2 next week so she might just have it down by 2
Good luck! I can't imagine having an LO that young potty-trained - we are over-the-moon that Levi is pretty much done, at 2.5. He's our earliest kid in undies.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #22
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry to hear about the regression in potty training a couple mamas are having. I have no idea what to do about that. Wish I had some useful advice thank god I haven't had any heartburn in a couple days and am praying it's gone for good! Now I just feel puffy and exhausted! I am really starting to feel pregnant. 35 weeks this Tuesday and have my gbs screen so fingers crossed for a negative test! I have my sister and her 2 kids here for a week which has been so awesome but of course so exhausting. And I haven't been able to go to my gym in a week and a half so I feel awful.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #23
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Still reading along with the chat as I pump bm for Nate, but its hard to type so I haven't said much here. LO is doing ok. He is stable I guess you could say, but he is inn an isolette to reduce noise/distractions. He has breathing problems when he gets upset. He has a pocket of air around his right lung. I got to lift him when the nurse changed his sheets so it was almost like holding him! And my pumping hit a lull but is coming back up! 1.5 mL at my last session! I almost took a pic to share because I was so darn happy!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #24
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
My dd has regressed too. We were doing awesome, then i bought baby diapers and she wanted them to be hers and its been a struggle ever since.

Booo on gbs +. Im keeping fingers and toes crossed that im negative.....find out this week. What a pain in the butt for you.

This girl is still awake at 945pm...stupid time change. I was hoping to soak in a bath, but now i just wanna sleep.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #25
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Still reading along with the chat as I pump bm for Nate, but its hard to type so I haven't said much here. LO is doing ok. He is stable I guess you could say, but he is inn an isolette to reduce noise/distractions. He has breathing problems when he gets upset. He has a pocket of air around his right lung. I got to lift him when the nurse changed his sheets so it was almost like holding him! And my pumping hit a lull but is coming back up! 1.5 mL at my last session! I almost took a pic to share because I was so darn happy!
Awwwww. Poor lil dude. I hope you get to snuggle him soooo soon!!!! & congrats on the bm pumping, thats such hard work:/
Old 03-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #26
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

34 weeks today! Reserved a spot in a well-reviewed breast feeding class and found a local service for placenta encapsulation that seems reasonable. I haven't decided on it for sure, but it's definitely doable.

We were supposed to do our maternity shoot today, but the photog tried to push back our time slot again and my DH wasn't going for it because of the high winds. He is really protective of me right now and doesn't want me to risk getting sick, so we rescheduled for later this week. Kind of a busted day, but what can you do?

Friday my RN told me I'm almost at the weight they'd want me for birth (33 lbs gained currently), and while I don't look that big, she gave me a super boring/restrictive diet so I don't put on more. Not excited about it at all.

Lots of positives though - scheduled appointments through my 38th week and none conflict with work. Insurance transition is projected to go smoothly, according to the billing lady at my office (Tricare/West is switching insurance providers on 4/1). Got together with a fellow preggo friend and made 8 freezer meals!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #27
Blessed2005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD is potty trained now at 2.5, but she has also had a few incidents with pooping in her pants. I don't get it....she pooped in the potty long before she peed in it. Se would poop in a CD, but will poo in her undewear???? Anyway, it's only happened a few times and I hope she was just distracted or something?

USNsis, I gained 42 lbs with my first and it came back off eventually. Have not gained that much with my other two pregnancies but if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it unless there was a specific reason to worry. Some dr's make a big deal over it, but most I have encountered never even bring it up. Don't stress about it because being pregnant is the ONLY time in your life when having a big belly is cute!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #28
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Jealous for good potty training stories!

Praying for little Nate! I wish they'd just let you hold him.

Base-wide power outage and my diapers are locked in the washer and I can't get them out to dry them! It's arid here, so hope they don't mildew.

Just restarted a final rinse. If this had happened 5 minutes prior, they'd be free!!

Ah well.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:20 AM   #29
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
34 weeks today! Reserved a spot in a well-reviewed breast feeding class and found a local service for placenta encapsulation that seems reasonable. I haven't decided on it for sure, but it's definitely doable.

We were supposed to do our maternity shoot today, but the photog tried to push back our time slot again and my DH wasn't going for it because of the high winds. He is really protective of me right now and doesn't want me to risk getting sick, so we rescheduled for later this week. Kind of a busted day, but what can you do?

Friday my RN told me I'm almost at the weight they'd want me for birth (33 lbs gained currently), and while I don't look that big, she gave me a super boring/restrictive diet so I don't put on more. Not excited about it at all.

Lots of positives though - scheduled appointments through my 38th week and none conflict with work. Insurance transition is projected to go smoothly, according to the billing lady at my office (Tricare/West is switching insurance providers on 4/1). Got together with a fellow preggo friend and made 8 freezer meals!
Just fyi, Theres a military families forum here. You have to opt in. Though it doesn't affect me, thats where i found out about tricare west.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:24 AM   #30
TCKmom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
So glad to hear that things are going ok. I hope they start letting you snuggle him soon and that his lungs become stronger quickly. Yay for successful pumping!