Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #41
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 Weekly Chat ~ March 10-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
It was really nice when it was just the girls in the Odyssey. we could drop the back seat and pack the back pretty full. But now with all seats occupied it'll be tough. We have a hard topper, and we can borrow the luggage rack to go on the back from my mom, but if we want to camp up north again, we might have to buy a pop up or rent something up there. (Michigan)

I just have to say that I hate being at the end of the month.. lol. I never feel my lo's until closer to 18+ wks. But it doesn't worry me. I've been lucky so far and not had any issues with my pg's. I am excited that I have my 3rd appt this week. Hoping to get the a/s appt set up then as well.
Be sure to research your options if you decide to purchase a pop up. I was looking into it and it seemed that the Odyssey doesn't allow you to tow much. Even most pop ups are a bit much for it. Now obviously I have seen little cars tow those, but I have NO idea what it is doing to the car, or the engine.

I am sorry you are at the end of the month! Please just stay away from my birth announcement! With me going early you will likely still have 1.5 months of baking to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama View Post
Just got back from my ultrasound. We're having another boy!
Congratulations!

Thank you everyone for making me not feel nuts for looking at what we have now. Having had a boy, most of our baby needs stuff is gender neutral that we had. If not then I got covers or whatever that were gender neutral.

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #42
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not on FB either.
And I'm freaking out about a car, so I'm ignoring it all together. I have a lease that only fits 2 seats, and I'll have 3 in carseats come August. My lease isn't up until next June, and our financials are in the pooper right now and would need a miracle to be able to change the lease sooner or even get another car next June. And my oldest starts school in August, so I'm in dire need of a 3 seater car to get her to school. Ugh. Like I said, I'm ignoring the whole issue hah.

I'm not on the FB group. We're pretty active here so that makes me happy

As for unneeded but wanted baby item, probably my carrier list. I'm hoping my MIL will buy them for me <3
Old 03-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #43
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tris can't you talk to your lease holder and see if they can help you out some way? That really stinks to be in that position! Have you posted on the carseat board to see how seats puzzle and see if you have a small bucket you may be able to fit in the middle? Or is your car like a Cooper Mini where it really only has 2 seats in the back?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #44
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Vanessa...I am right at the end of the month too. I feel you. I am pretty sure I am feeling *something* but I don't want to count it as movement yet. It honestly feels stronger than I would expect at this point.

As for the FB...I am all over FB but I didn't join/look at the FB group for this due date group since I still talk to the ladies from my son's pregnancy daily in our own little group. I don't want to get confused!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #45
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Combi Coccoro is what we are looking at for a narrow seat (the narrowest convertible out there). But like Jennifer said...is it a total lack of a third seat you are dealing with? Or just not a large back seat. Our issue is that my sons MASSIVE seat (which we love) needs to stay in the middle as that is the best install spot for it. So we are looking for something to go next to his that is narrow enough to fit next to that wideness. We are skipping the bucket all together this time around since neither of us ever wanted to carry it.

ETA: The Coccoro also has a good reputation of truly adjusting down for a newb. My son was super tiny so that was something I had to look at if we were not getting a bucket. A lot of convertible seats say they start at 5lbs but really don't adjust down low enough for the shoulder straps to be at the right level on a newb.

Last edited by blessed1018; 03-11-2013 at 03:57 PM.
blessed1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #46
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs
Be sure to research your options if you decide to purchase a pop up. I was looking into it and it seemed that the Odyssey doesn't allow you to tow much. Even most pop ups are a bit much for it. Now obviously I have seen little cars tow those, but I have NO idea what it is doing to the car, or the engine.
That is definitely a consideration. Towing anything is harder on the vehicle, transmissions and brake pads in particular, even if the trailer is within the van's tow limits. DH regularly tows a trailer with one of his work trucks and the maintenance has been much higher for it due to increased weight/use, including having the transmission rebuilt after about 80k miles (the truck gets driven without a trailer too). An occasional weekend would obviously be much less wear and tear but it is a consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #47
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

if you want to tow things I highly recommend getting a car with a tow package or at least install a transmission cooler
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #48
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama View Post
Just got back from my ultrasound. We're having another boy!
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
yeah I don't do Facebook so I wouldn't know
Me neither! Glad I'm not the only one not on the FB wagon!!

AOTW: The one thing that I want, but probably will not get is an actual co-sleeper. DH is all over the bed at night, so baby sleeping in our bed is not an option. I'm too scared that he'd roll over on it. We've always used a bassinet with the others until they were big enough that the bassinet was getting too small for them. Afterwards, they went into their cribs. I really like the idea of just slipping the baby over in a co-sleeper and not actually having to lift it up over the side of a bassinet. kwim? Mine tend to wake up when I actually pick them up unless they are out like a light with drool comming out of their mouths. So, co-sleeper is what I'd like to get, but will probably live without yet again.

As for the nesting question.....We decided after DS was born that we weren't going to find out the gender of our next baby, so when I have been packing up his clothes I put the gn stuff in a separate tub. DH has never taken any of the tubs full of packed up clothes to the attic since we moved over a year ago , so they are all still neatly stacked near our front door. He doesn't seem to be in a hurry to do it either. My sister has started purging all of her boy clothes that her boys have outgrown (since she's having her last baby and it's another girl), so we are inheriting tons of clothes nb-4T. I am planning on sitting down and going back through the tubs I have here that she brought me to pull out the gn stuff and re-organize everything. All of my girl stuff is already organized in tubs. As soon as the baby is born I'll pull out whatever tubs I need.

AFM: DS had PT today. He walked all over the place in the special walker they have for him there! His PT said that she wanted us to start using it at home, but didn't have the spare with her that we could take today. So, next week we'll have his specialized walker here at home so that he can get around on his own and not on his booty.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #49
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

that is awesome about the walking Katie
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #50
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621

AFM: DS had PT today. He walked all over the place in the special walker they have for him there! His PT said that she wanted us to start using it at home, but didn't have the spare with her that we could take today. So, next week we'll have his specialized walker here at home so that he can get around on his own and not on his booty.
Woo hoo!!

Re: co-sleeper, I have seen them on Craig's List occasionally. You could always watch there or your local consignment stores for a deal? I live in what has to be the least crunchy area ever so if they are around here used, I figure they must be everywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote