Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller

Threatend miscarriage

Today has probably been the worst day ever, I woke up and got cleaning around the house. I all of a sudden felt a gush down there. I went and looked and it was bright red blood, so I immediately rushed to the nearest ER where I sat and waited for a good 2 hours before being seen. All the bad thoughts rushing through my head. They take a urine sample and blood and sent me to ultrasound. Well I'm freaking out the whole time because she's silent. She doesn't let me see anything at all. So I'm pretty much sure that the baby's not alive because of this. I start bawling and freaking out again. I get back to the room and the doctor says that my levels look fine, he does an internal and my cervix is still where it should be. Also tells me the baby is where it should be. He says I need to go home a rest for a couple of days and follow up with my ob. I'm still cramping, and lightly bleeding. Please tell me someone has come out of a situation similar with a baby? I am so sad and depressed right now. Also the hospital wouldn't allow me to see the ultrasound pics.

Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Threatend miscarriage

I haven't been through it myself, but there was a thread up a week or two ago over in the pregnancy forum with lots of success stories. Hang in there sticky bean!

ETA Found a link for you. http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1492813

Last edited by jen_batten; 03-10-2013 at 04:25 PM.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
crazyeyesmcgee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnanny
Also the hospital wouldn't allow me to see the ultrasound pics.
I truly just do NOT understand this kind of stuff. I mean, YOU are the patient, it's YOUR (internal) body on those ultrasound photos, YOU pay for the insurance and YOU paid the copay. How do they say you are not allowed to see them?? Wth?????

Hugs, mama I hope everything turns out all right with you and baby.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #4
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You need to ask if they saw a subchronic hematoma/subchronic hemorrhage. Ask questions and don't let anyone be vague.

I went through something very similar last month and on ultrasound they saw a subchronic hemorrhage. It was diagnosed as a threatened miscarriage. I bled for about four days and spotted/saw a bit of blood when going to the bathroom for another four days after that.

They have done an ultrasound since then and will do another on the 15th. I was told to rest as much as possible, take my vitamins and stay well hydrated. Also to eat what and when I could. Basically just take care of myself and monitor the bleeding.

I am 8 weeks now, so the baby is hanging in there. A threatened miscarriage is scary but does not always mean it's the end.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyeyesmcgee View Post
I truly just do NOT understand this kind of stuff. I mean, YOU are the patient, it's YOUR (internal) body on those ultrasound photos, YOU pay for the insurance and YOU paid the copay. How do they say you are not allowed to see them?? Wth?????

Agreed.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have been where you are, a couple of times. I have bled in nearly all of my pregnancies. Some were just spotting, some were big gushes. I have gone on to carry healthy babies. I know how nerve wracking this all can be though. I would say that since they said all looked well with you and baby, I would lean towards a subchorionic bleed or something similar. If you had an open cervix I'd be worried. I do think they would have said if your baby didn't have a heartbeat, at least I would hope they would have. If it were me, I would call Monday morning and have my OB read me the radiologists report. Don't take no for an answer, it's YOUR information.

Hugs and prayers.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller

I'm planning on calling my ob to see if they can squeeze me in tomorrow. I called and got the day off.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyeyesmcgee

I asked if I could have them and they said it was against company policy. And by that point I was exhausted hungry and just wanted to go home and probably wouldn't have fought for anything. Lol
Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This happened to me at 13w. They let me see the US though. Everything was fine. It also happened for another pregnancy at 10w. Not as much blood but more cramping. That baby was fine too.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller

Well they can't squeeze me in till tomorrow at 10:45 so now I'm on a waiting game, I'm really gonna have to call my boss and let her know what's going on. I wanted to to wait until 12 weeks
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Could you maybe just take a sick day and say you've got a Dr appointment? You don't have to tell yet if you don't want. I hope you get great news tomorrow.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote