Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

My whimsy case of the "I wants"

*sigh* I am just having a case of the I wants lately. Specifically, I want updated technology.

I want a new phone. I have an iPhone 3G. It works fine, but I can't get the iOS to update past like 4.2 or something. This is starting to jack around with apps. Most of them that I use still work. But many that I am interested in will not download. I tried to buy motivated moms but it won't work.

And then there's the phone itself. It has started getting glitchy. It's because my 2 yr old keeps getting a hold of it and chewing on it. Today it rang, but it would unlock when I tried to answer it. I ended up losing a CL sale because even though I was able too call them back they had already moved on.

I also really want data on my phone. REALLY want data. I mostly use the wi-fi at home, but I really want to be able to do things like access gas buddy, get onto my bank to transfer money, etc, when I am out. The other day, I met with a client who wanted to use a CC to pay. I don't have anything set up to take a CC and the biggest reason is that I cannot run the CC through paypal on my phone. I almost lost the client.

I want the new Roku box. It just has some nifty new features that DH and I have talked about wanting.

I want a new stereo for the house. We don't use it much, but that's because it's so crappy. The CD player works but badly, there is NO input for any sort of digital media, the radio doest get some o the stations I listen to because they are weaker signals.

I want a new stereo for my car for the same reasons.

I want some conversion software for my embroidery machine. There is SO much more I could do with it.

Blah

Advertisement

happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: My whimsy case of the "I wants"

Ok, the title is supposed to say Whiney, not whimsy. Stupid iphone
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
Ok, the title is supposed to say Whiney, not whimsy. Stupid iphone
See you def need a new phone

I have the case of I wants right now with some clothes for LO and for myself.

Really since starting on DS I have always sold a lot of things(now on ebay mostly though). I find that you can earn money pretty quickly and hence buy your "new" or "new to you" stuff guilt free.

Like today I already sold 2 lots of LO's clothes($25 & $10) and a pair of keens of my toddlers that will not fit my LO(off season) for $18. I just bought him some toms botas yesterday from other stuff I sold. Plus some other items I sold are all paying for some expensive bday's/mother's day(in europe today) and communion gifts so I could send the pp for those.

I do think it's annoying with apple devices where they update the ios and then it's not compatible. We had the same thing with DS1 had an ipod touch 3rd generation(bought used), then DS2 got the 5th gen(new)...so he now had the camera and could download all these great apps that DS1 could not. So DS1 ended up getting the 5th gen for his next birthday so now they can play and share together. I got the 3rd gen....of course they are way more advanced them myself or my DH as we don't have that or smart phones Thank goodness I didn't have to pay though as they were joint gifts from our family.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Meeee tooooo. On my want list:
MacBook Pro
Laser printer
iPhone
3ds Xl
Canon t41 slr camera
Kindle

I do need a new laptop, but the MacBook is an expensive want
I have an android phone that works fine and I'm mostly home and can use my ipad
Ds has a 3ds I can play but I rarely have time
My current small digital camera works fine
My ipad has a kindle app
The laser printer is the only "need" as my inkjet is broken and I is super spendy. A laser printer for under $100 will be thrifty in the long run, especially so I can print coupons again.

So I understand.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Me too. My avatar says it all. I really should leave the BWing and CD swaps on FB. It (might) make it a lot easier.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:13 AM   #6
Cathy_B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I opened the thread to read specifically because the title said "whimsy."

You know what, there might be some great deals in techie and stereo items coming up in father's day sales. You could start planning now and maybe end up with something great and thrifty by June.

(As an aside, my DH has his 50th birthday this August. I am thinking about using f-day sales for his birthday gift, if I can save enough $ first!)
Old 03-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #7
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Would the ability to take credit cards increase your income enough to justify getting a new phone? I would start budgeting to save for one if that is the case. And start researching the cheapest way to get one. I'm guessing if it is for the photography business, and you do Mother's Day/Easter/graduation/wedding pictures, you could really incur a lot more income if you had the ability to do credit cards. Or maybe even exchange services for a better phone? Lots of people are upgrading to the iPhone 5 now, maybe somebody will give you their 4 in exchange for services?

The other things, I totally sympathize but IDK how they would generate more income for you. It's like anything else, you save up for the wants after all the needs/savings are addressed.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I want to buy diapers again. I said no more. I tried to buy some but they were already sold. But I still want them. I quit buying about 3 months ago and forced myself to be content. So I sewed something up from something I already had. Didn't scratch the itch like I had hoped, even though they turned out super awesome.

I want the Grovia bamboo prefolds BAD.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #9
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

OP-you could just be like me and have no cell phone at all
threekstrio is offline   Reply With Quote