Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Freaking lovely.....I'm sick as a dog...

Yup, true to my luck, I have my 36wk appt tomorrow AM for my GBS and internal, and my Kiddos and I are all sick. The trots, snotty noses, sticky eyes, and coughing up lungs. I called and asked if they wanted me to come in anyhow, and since I already have had one episode of 2am L & D monitoring, they said yes, come in. And they are having me do my Birth Plan/Registration/Tour as well. DH is the only non-sick one right now. They even checked with L & D and they said for us to come as well. Seeing as how the damn labor floor in on the SAME floor as infection disease, I don't suppose they mind Add to that, this babe was LOW last Wed, he really dropped last night, as in totally head down now, heads' gone down below, LOL. Because he is measuring ahead, and we are not 100% on our dates, he might be here sooner than we think. Meanwhile, I am using my Neti pot, drinking tea, and still on the toilet every 15 minutes. Ugh

Advertisement

AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Freaking lovely.....I'm sick as a dog...

(but from a long distance, don't wanna catch that!)

I'd try to push the appts to next week, personally - I wouldn't feel up to dragging myself there, and definitely wouldn't be doing the whole tour and whatnot if I did get to the OB appt. I can't see how tiring yourself out by pushing so hard when you're all ready run-down and sick is a good thing for you or baby?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh no! Hope you feel better!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

What a bummer!!!! Hope you feel better mama!!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #5
LacyHolly
Registered Users

Oh no!! I hope you and your kiddos feel better quickly! I'm glad I read this one because I just remembered that I also have my 36 week appt tomorrow! Loom darn pregnancy brain!

Looking for Thirsties fitteds with hook and loop
LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:50 AM   #6
LacyHolly
Registered Users

Huh, not sure what "loom" was supposed to be! Darn iPad and not proof reading!

Looking for Thirsties fitteds with hook and loop
LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, feel better!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel so much better Ladies!! Felt like utter crap for a few days, but today, I am so ENERGIZED. I have cooked, cleaned, and walked like 5 miles so far. No idea why, just this intense urge to walk. I have covered our dirt roads, farm roads and been down to our ponds. It's such a strange feeling. I usually try to get in at least 3 miles a day, even in bad weather, but this isn't a want to, it's a NEED to. And power walking at that, LOL. My appts went great. I am 1cm, babe is uber low, I am super soft and down/low. BP and urine were great. DH and I LOVE the hospital. I am allowed to wear what I want when I want, any IV's and monitoring are totally up to me. I WILL have an IV and be on the monitor for at least 15 minutes each hour, that is what I am comfortable with. Plus they use Telemetry monitoring. They suggested putting the babe skin to skin at birth before I even had a chance to say it what I wanted. They suggested delayed cord cutting, again, before I got to suggest it. I am allowed to eat and drink at my discretion, including having pizza or take out delivered or having DH round up food. Again, I will stick to crackers and fluids, but I love the option. Babe rooms in around the clock, they do not bother me unless I hit the nurses button. My other kiddos and DH are advised to stay with me in the room the entire stay. I literally wanted to move in while we were there. They also have no issues with denying the eye ointment and shots. In fact, she assumed we didn't want them since most people are refusing them anyhow. I said I did want the Newborn screening, and she seemed taken aback, but put down we wanted it. This isn't even a birthing center, it's a regular hospital. And I am using an OB, not a MW. I am sooo pleased! DH kept asking if it was real or not, LOL. So, bags are in the truck and now we wait. I am 36wks3d today, and my OB thinks this kiddo is ahead, like the last 4 scans have shown him to be, which puts me over 37wks according to them. Yippee!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #9
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

both for feeling better and for such a great hospital! That's awesome!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #10
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Now I am starting to wonder what this energy level is all about. I just lost a big chunk of my plug. I know it means diddly squat, and I have never lost any with my other kiddos, but it is odd. Well, not if you add in all the activity today, LOL.