Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
liltwinma
Registered Users
seller

Does one of your twins cry constantly?!?

Hi fellow twin mamas,

We have b/g 4.5 month old twins, one who is up for "the worlds perfect baby" (always smiling, laughing, happy as can be, sleeps well, eats well, if he could poop perfectly - he would). His twin sister is obviously perfect in our eyes as well, but I'm worried about and exhausted from all her crying. I'm at a loss to figure out what's causing it. So my question to you all is, do any of you have this situation? What are your thoughts?

Our dd seems to cry unless she has our full attention (ie. holding, talking to, singing to, bouncing, nursing, play with, etc.) If we put her down to care for even a minute she screams. Her brother is fine at night sleeping alone in his crib, she won't sleep unless my arm is snuggly wrapped around her (yes, we co-sleep). I don't know if she's just strong willed or if theres something else wrong with her. Our pedi says it's just a personality difference between the two, and I don't think they quite understand how much she is crying.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

liltwinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2
Registered Users

Re: Does one of your twins cry constantly?!?

I don't have twins and only have two kids, but you are describing my DS as a baby to a 'T'. He was a very high needs baby and also really needed to be close to mama to feel secure enough to sleep. If I put him down to change my clothes, he would cry until he started gasping for breath. I had to keep his attention 100% of the awake time and have him on/against me for him to sleep.

He grew out of needing full attention to play once he was more mobile and out of the sleeping "cuddle" around 11 months. He is still a very high/low kid. For him, everything is awesome and wonderful and high-energy sunshine and rainbows OR everything in his life is horrible. There isn't much in between for him. It's just his way.

If your DD is happy and not crying when you are able to give her full attention, there probably isn't anything going on medically. It may just be personality.

Last edited by Mommy to Eli and Baby#2; 03-11-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
liltwinma
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mama for your insight. It's refreshing to hear she's not the only one out there who craves non stop attention. after all there's nothing wrong with knowing what us want, right!?!
liltwinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

My twins are almost 2 and yes, one cries a lot. Honestly, do not be surprised if they switch roles on you. In the NICU baby E was the crier, she needed constant attention and cuddles from mama or daddy but no one else. Baby G was happy to hang out and I could let anyone hold her. After the NICU they switched, baby G was very needy and would not let me put her down. I called her my mama magnet. She was like that for about 9 months then they switched again! At 2 years old E cries or complains often, she throws little tantrums and is very loud. G is typically pretty easy going although she can throw a tantrum as well as any other 2 year old! About 90% of the time G is a happy go lucky baby who plays well by herself or with others.

Twins can be interesting, they go through these stages of needing more attention then being fine on their own. The key to our sanity was rolling with the needs, if E needed more mama time then that is what she gets until G needs mama time. I promise you that it gets worlds easier once they can play together. It's that stage right before when they want you to entertain them that life is hard. Hang in there mama, you will grow a thick skin when it comes to noise!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Have your had LO to the Dr. I had one that cried ALL THE TIME and I was told it was just colic. Nope he had silent reflux. Once we treated that it was better. Although it took us TEN MONTHS of non-stop crying before we sorted it out.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
Dahlia64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Eli and Baby#2 View Post
I don't have twins and only have two kids, but you are describing my DS as a baby to a 'T'. He was a very high needs baby and also really needed to be close to mama to feel secure enough to sleep. If I put him down to change my clothes, he would cry until he started gasping for breath. I had to keep his attention 100% of the awake time and have him on/against me for him to sleep.

He grew out of needing full attention to play once he was more mobile and out of the sleeping "cuddle" around 11 months. He is still a very high/low kid. For him, everything is awesome and wonderful and high-energy sunshine and rainbows OR everything in his life is horrible. There isn't much in between for him. It's just his way.

If your DD is happy and not crying when you are able to give her full attention, there probably isn't anything going on medically. It may just be personality.

I totally agree with all of this 100% and I couldnt have said it any better than she did about my son. My 3 month right now...100% always needs attention. Even if Im just sitting with him on the couch. Its like he senses it or something/ I prop him in the corner and I have to sit right there with him..He is the happiest baby ever...as long as your paying attention to him!
Dahlia64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

One of my twins was a constant crier and he also turned out to have silent reflux. I suggest talking to your ped and possibly trying some type of reflux treatment.