Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
tabitha84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
When/How are you announcing?

I am planning to wait until after everything is checked out at my first appt, but it's 5 weeks away. I'll be 10 weeks. Is that early to announce? I've never had a m/c so I feel like I'm due for one or something.
Well, I figure I will be showing a little by then. I'll probably use the ultasound pic from that appt to announce somehow. Not sure how creative I'll get. I want to announce it in a super happy, excited way so that everyone knows how to respond appropriately.

How about you guys? How long will you wait to announce it to the world?

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
sahmdevon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: When/How are you announcing?

We probably won't announce until around 12 weeks. I thought maybe around my sons b-day. I could get him a Big Brother shirt and he could open it in front of family.

My last pregnancy I had multiple hcg tests done and sonograms that confirmed everything was fine. I had a subchorionic hemorrhage and had big bleeds on several occasions. We even saw/heard the heartbeat. It was confirmed by sonogram that the heart had stopped beating but I'm not sure when I actually passed the baby. Sometime between 10 weeks and 12 weeks.

Announcing early was so hard. It was super hard on my kids who cried themselves to sleep that night. I didn't even feel comfortable posting on facebook because I wasn't seeking attention at all. So I had to deal with it for weeks when people would tell me congratulations. I avoided as many events as I possibly could.

Remembering my 3 angels from Sept. 2001, Dec. 2012, and April 2013
sahmdevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I told my mom already because she would be hurt if I kept it from her. I also told 2 very close friends.
I think we will tell DH's family after my 1st appointment on April 8th. He bought this really awesome shirt that has 2 stick figures on it. One of them has a huge belly. The caption underneath says 'mission accomplished'. So he will wear that to their house.
I'm not sure if I'll announce on Facebook. My loss was at 16 weeks so I don't consider there to be a 'safe zone'.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
pumpkinseeds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We told the kids after we told my MIL. Then waited a few days and told facebook. Im just trying to not think about the what ifs. I announced early with my last and everything was fine, so Im going to pretend that thats good enough.

The kids probably wont think its real until Im showing, because they hardly talk about it.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinseeds
We told the kids after we told my MIL. Then waited a few days and told facebook. Im just trying to not think about the what ifs. I announced early with my last and everything was fine, so Im going to pretend that thats good enough.

The kids probably wont think its real until Im showing, because they hardly talk about it.
We haven't told the kids. We won't tell them until we are closer to 30 weeks or when they ask why I'm so fat. Their little hearts were broken last time, especially my 7yo. I want to spare them that heartache.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
yukipr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In Puerto Rico, we announce as soon as you find out. The first time I got pregnant, I was already 3 months, but did not know it. No morning sickness, nothing, until that week I was home. As soon as I told my mom, the word spread out. Within 5 minutes, everyone on the street knew!!! With my second child, we announce it a little earlier because this time I was sick and already showing. Although I told my mom as soon as I found out (but keep it a secret, I promised my husband I would not do that, LOL).

So, it is just preference.
yukipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
pumpkinseeds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
We haven't told the kids. We won't tell them until we are closer to 30 weeks or when they ask why I'm so fat. Their little hearts were broken last time, especially my 7yo. I want to spare them that heartache.
aw, I understand. Im not sure if my boys would care, I think they'd just ask if we were going to try again. They are still very much in their own little worlds. Sometimes it makes me bonkers, but the only time they get their feelings hurt is when someone yells at them. If Im crying, they are like wtfever. (two have aspergers and the middle is "normal" but takes cues from the other two)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukipr View Post
In Puerto Rico, we announce as soon as you find out. The first time I got pregnant, I was already 3 months, but did not know it. No morning sickness, nothing, until that week I was home. As soon as I told my mom, the word spread out. Within 5 minutes, everyone on the street knew!!! With my second child, we announce it a little earlier because this time I was sick and already showing. Although I told my mom as soon as I found out (but keep it a secret, I promised my husband I would not do that, LOL).

So, it is just preference.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have told a few close friends but that's it so far. My mom comes to visit on Sunday so I'm waiting to tell her in person since I've never told her I'm pregnant in person! I got some nice paper and I'm going to print a photo of my digi test and put a note that says "I can't wait to meet you in November, Gammy! Love, #3"

DHs dad and stepmom are coming in early April but they are positively the least tactful people ever and we are sure they would say something in front of the kids. So they will have to wait! We are not telling anyone else, really, until after the first trimester. I am just too scared. We have been getting family photos with a local photographer done a couple of times per year and we are due for them in late April, early may which is perfect. I'm going to make little signs for the kids that say #1 and #2 and then print a photo of the ultrasound and put a little #3 on it and that will be our announcement. Can't wait!
& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've only told diaperswappers and my BFF. That's it. AF is due Sat, so as long as I keep getting BFPs and she stays away, I will tell DH on Sunday (which is perfect since we're Irish, it's St Patty's Day, and this is our rainbow). I just need to figure out how to tell him in a fun way.

With my 10wk loss, we were waiting to tell because it was our last baby, etc. Didn't even tell our parents. So then we had to tell them we WERE pg, but we lost it all in one breath. Not doing that again. So we will probably tell our families at Easter and then wait on Facebook til at least after the first u/s. I'm ridiculously nervous, but trying to have faith in God.

Right after our loss in Nov, DH lost his job, so on paper it was meant to be. He just got a pretty good job and we're doing SO much better financially, so things are looking up. Hopefully that's a good sign!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #10
pumpkinseeds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
I've only told diaperswappers and my BFF. That's it. AF is due Sat, so as long as I keep getting BFPs and she stays away, I will tell DH on Sunday (which is perfect since we're Irish, it's St Patty's Day, and this is our rainbow). I just need to figure out how to tell him in a fun way.

With my 10wk loss, we were waiting to tell because it was our last baby, etc. Didn't even tell our parents. So then we had to tell them we WERE pg, but we lost it all in one breath. Not doing that again. So we will probably tell our families at Easter and then wait on Facebook til at least after the first u/s. I'm ridiculously nervous, but trying to have faith in God.

Right after our loss in Nov, DH lost his job, so on paper it was meant to be. He just got a pretty good job and we're doing SO much better financially, so things are looking up. Hopefully that's a good sign!