Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #11
katiecornflakes
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: When/How are you announcing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
I've only told diaperswappers and my BFF. That's it. AF is due Sat, so as long as I keep getting BFPs and she stays away, I will tell DH on Sunday (which is perfect since we're Irish, it's St Patty's Day, and this is our rainbow). I just need to figure out how to tell him in a fun way.
Love this! Maybe a little pot of gold with the BFP stuck in it? Since this baby is at the end of the rainbow?

Advertisement

& Baby girl C (11/13)
katiecornflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #12
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecornflakes View Post
Love this! Maybe a little pot of gold with the BFP stuck in it? Since this baby is at the end of the rainbow?
I'm definitely wanting a play on words like that...maybe something about the Luck of the Irish bringing a rainbow or something. The pee stick would totally gross him out though lol Tina suggested a rainbow cake
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #13
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everybody already knows and I found out yesterday we are bad at keeping secrets, plus I have a superstition that if you want it a big secret that is when something bad happens
Old 03-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #14
Mama2LilBug
Registered Users

Hubby and I won't announce until 12 weeks, just like we did with Katelyn... BUT, if I had my choice, we'd announce with a birth announcement after we were discharged from the hospital and settled in at home!

Hubby's parents don't show any enthusiasm for anyone other than DH's sister and I really don't want to deal with hurt feelings when they react to our news like we were discussing the weather.
Lindsey, wife to Pilot J & mama to K (11/12/10), expecting #2 (11/14/13)!
Mama2LilBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #15
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjslater1
Everybody already knows and I found out yesterday we are bad at keeping secrets, plus I have a superstition that if you want it a big secret that is when something bad happens
That was our experience we wanted a huge surprise announcement at Christmas. I would have been 16wks, we would know gender, it would be perfect! Not so much
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #16
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
That was our experience we wanted a huge surprise announcement at Christmas. I would have been 16wks, we would know gender, it would be perfect! Not so much
So sorry to hear that, this time you will have good news
Old 03-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #17
Banana Cat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With #1 we waited until I was 11 weeks along before telling anyone; after she was born I got pregnant 6 months later. We were so shellshocked (since it took FOREVER to get pregnant the first time!) that when I miscarried we hadn't told anyone and like someone else said it sucked to have to tell and "untell" people all at once. This time I feel like telling people immediately, although of course I'm terrified of losing this one. I don't know, we suck at keeping quiet so we will probably blab at Easter and I will be a little over 6 weeks along at that point.

Also when we do tell people, I guess we are lucky enough that #1 is only 15 months right now so she won't even understand I am pregnant and therefore won't understand if I do miscarry this one.

Last edited by Banana Cat; 03-15-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Banana Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #18
friskykitty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We told immediately with both previous pregnancies. We lost the 2nd at 11 wks and it was so hard. Haven't told anyone except my mom and BFF this time. US on the 26th. I'll be 7wks 3 days then. Not sure if we will tell then or wait until after nuchal. My 5yo was devastated by the mc
Little Dude welcomed November 2013
friskykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #19
stacyat
Registered Users
seller

I've told my parents and DH has told his dad! I've also told my online friends. I've got a couple of friends that I may let know in the next couple of weeks but I think I'm going to wait until I'm 12ish weeks to announce it to the world. Not because I want to wait till the 2T, but I've thought up a fun way to announce and won't be able to do it till then! We're taking a vacation out to California and going to DisneyLand and I'm planning a picture with mouse ears on my tummy on the beach and a big brother t-shirt for my son!
stacyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #20
AHASRADA
Registered Users
seller

We always wait until after the 1st appt., usually 12 weeks, to tell immediate family (parents, inlaws, dh's siblings, etc. ). Then between 4 and 5 months I tell friends and others. I just feel it is a very private joy and blessing, I don't go around announcing to everyone until it is noticeable.
AHASRADA is online now   Reply With Quote