Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #31
My Mood:
Re: You're still nursing!!!

Originally Posted by Kay+Dave View Post
Oh I'm sure I will start getting some judgmental DS is 11.5 months and nowhere close to being ready to be done. I'm also pregnant with our second, which for some reason makes people assume I will stop breastfeeding. My FIL recently asking me if nursing still "worked right" when you are pregnant. Ummm...yep. Yep it does.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
LOL!! Does it work right...LOL!!! Nope, my nipples broke and the duct tape isn't sticking.

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:

Im still nursing my ds and he will be 2 on the 25th i get the same stupid comments from certain people drives me crazy :eyeroll:
KATIE wife to Michael mama to Jayden (3-25-11)
co-sleeping, extended BF and lovin' it
Kmccall08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by nana2peach
I would tell them, Oh no, I don't nurse, my baby does.

People are so judgemental. Drives me nuts.
Haha!!! Love that line! Totally gonna use it.

I find myself getting more and more vocal and forward when people try to intimidate me with their stupid comments about things that are none of their business. I have four children and one on the way and maybe I'm just too tired to let people push me around or say horrible things about children right in front of my children. I have found it pretty funny to look the person straight in the eyes and ask a question back that makes them realize that they should be embarrassed, not me. Like, "Why are YOU spending time thinking about MY breasts?!" Gets the point across and leaves me laughing instead of discouraged.
epanouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:17 AM   #34
Registered Users
I nursed DD1 till 7mo when work + pumping + nursing strike ended it. I was pretty heartbroken. This baby is 6mo and going strong. We're starting BLW though, as she seems pretty hungry these days. DH keeps talking about after she's 1 and not nursing or next year and not nursing, and I'm not sure how to tell him that I'm not planning on stopping until she's ready - even if she's two. He is of the "if they can ask for it by name they're too old" mindset. I'm not sure how I'll handle it but I'm sure he'll come around. He trusts me to make the best decisions for our kids, even if it weirds him out. (like home birth and cloth diapers)
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #35
Registered Users
My Mood:
I get it from family and he's only one. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Natural Wahmama to Simone 13, Ruby 11 & Baby Boy Silas 2/24/12

Source Specializing in Embroidered Wool & Clothing Sets!! Interlock & Upcycled
Bitty Fluff Congo Adorable Newborn Fluff!
carriecook'n'sew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #36
Registered Users
My Mood:

I really didn't expect to get comments until my lo is older about how long I was planning to breastfeed him. However, the comments started right around when he hit one year. We are at 13 1/2 months and going strong. Now, I've been getting comments that he was delayed w/ crawling and walking because I didn't start him on solids early enough. He's cruising and not quite walking still. Huh? What does walking have to do w/ nursing?
Wife to my sweet DH & Mom to our rainbow DS and miracle DD
Get $15 credit at schoola or $10 credit at ThredUp with me. Great cheap clothing for a good cause
neuro_mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:49 AM   #37
Registered Users
My Mood:
I nursed ds1 for 30 mos (stopped bc i was pg with dd). I nursed dd for 22 mos (milk ran out as i was pg with ds2). I got sooooo many rude comments esp from my mom. We'll see how long ds2 nurses
Sarah Proud WAHM mama to Connor 10/19/07, Autumn 12/19/10 , Cody 2/11/13 , Ember 5/19/15, and 2 little ones waiting for us in Heaven
sma123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #38
Registered Users
I nursed our DD till she was two. I would always get looks and comments. But, I didn't let it bother me. I knew I was doing what was best for her and I wasn't going to stop till she was ready to wean. I think it was harder for me than her to stop bf. I'm so glad I decided to bf her so long. She is a healthy smart six year old now And she has never had any major health issues and very rarely gets sick. I like to think that her being bf so long had something to do with it. I'm currently pregnant with baby # 4 and I plan on bf him as long as he wants too!
blessedtxmommy is offline   Reply With Quote