Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #11
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NB diapers, how many to pack for hosp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Uh Oh now I may debate cding in the hospital. I usually just pack 2 for coming home
It's really not a big deal at all to use cloth in the hospital! Just take diapers, some wipes, and a couple wet bags and you're good to go.
Some people say they don't want to have a bunch of laundry all ready when they get home, but, really, less than a dozen diapers isn't going to be a full load anyways.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #12
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I took 18 for Levi - he was born Monday morning, we came home Tuesday afternoon. Definitely didn't need all those diapers, but it was nice to have them all just in case, kwim?

Baby is expected to have wet and dirty diapers equal to # of days old, until day 5, so likely there's only going to be a few wet or dirty diapers to deal with overall. A dozen is likely plenty.
But, again, having more than enough makes for one less thing to worry about.
This was my philosophy - I'd rather have more than enough than not enough, and I can always send my FIL home (he lives with us) to do wash if needed. I have no idea how long I'll be in the hospital, but I hope it's not long.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #13
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
This was my philosophy - I'd rather have more than enough than not enough, and I can always send my FIL home (he lives with us) to do wash if needed. I have no idea how long I'll be in the hospital, but I hope it's not long.
Yup. DH will be in and out of the hospital, not staying with me the whole time - 5th time with a newborn, think I can handle it, lol. So I can always just get him to take the wet bags home and bring clean diapers back if need be.

It all depends on how the birth goes. A normal vaginal birth, they like mom to stay for 24 hours afterwards. A c-sec, mom will stay for 3-4 days. This can vary depending on mom's recovery and whatnot as well.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #14
SarahBk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Yup. DH will be in and out of the hospital, not staying with me the whole time - 5th time with a newborn, think I can handle it, lol. So I can always just get him to take the wet bags home and bring clean diapers back if need be.

It all depends on how the birth goes. A normal vaginal birth, they like mom to stay for 24 hours afterwards. A c-sec, mom will stay for 3-4 days. This can vary depending on mom's recovery and whatnot as well.
DH won't be with me the entire time either. 3 other littles and 700 miles from family so we are on our own lol! The hosp here is a 2 night stay. Unless they've changed it in the last 18 months..
I think I'll take around 18-24 dipes, wet bag and wipes and call it good.
SarahBk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBk View Post
DH won't be with me the entire time either. 3 other littles and 700 miles from family so we are on our own lol! The hosp here is a 2 night stay. Unless they've changed it in the last 18 months..
I think I'll take around 18-24 dipes, wet bag and wipes and call it good.
Our older kids will be with DH's parents - either at our house or in town at their house. But DH will come home to shower and see everyone, I'm sure. Probably won't sleep in the recliner if he can help it either!

I stayed 2 days after DD's birth, but I chose to stay the extra day - hard recovery.
When DS1 was born we left after about 12 hours. DS2 was my c-sec, so stayed for 3 days. DS3 we would have left earlier after (likely Tuesday morning instead of late afternoon), but we were waiting on my lab results to see where my platelets were sitting before I left.