View Poll Results: Where Do You Plan To Birth?
Homebirth 19 34.55%
Hospital Birth 25 45.45%
Birthing Center Birth 6 10.91%
Unsure 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #21
Solomon's Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How Are You Birthing?

I'm having a hospital birth. I really love my OB and my local hospital. It is small, laid back, and very supportive of different birth choices. I had a great unmedicated birth with DD and plan on doing it again this time. I have considered homebirth, but it is so much more expensive out of pocket and I really like being able to spend a couple nights in the hospital to recover and not have to worry about my other kids or messes or laundry!

ETA: We are planning on moving back to my homestate of NC whenever our house sells so if we move before baby is born, I'll deliver in a hospital there with a CNM, which I am really excited about since that is what I want to do eventually!

Advertisement

Last edited by Solomon's Mama; 04-01-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Solomon's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
mamaspice
Registered Users

I am planning another homebirth if all goes well.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #23
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecornflakes View Post
I really would love to have a home birth. So much of me would. It's totally in line with everything I believe in. But I work in healthcare and have seen so many bad outcomes. Plus DD was a shoulder dystocia (completely unexpected since she was a pound smaller than her brother) and I really have pTSD about the 5 min surrounding her birth and the fact that she was born blue, floppy and not breathing. I think I would just be too stressed at home even though I so, so want to be here. I haven't decided for sure yet but I don't think I can do it. It's definitely a hard decision for me, though. Can you tell? Lol.
birthing from within addresses fears surrounding birth and past birth trauma, if you haven't read it yet. definitely something to work out before birthing again, just for your peace alone...no matter the setting. xo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamedicMama View Post
My first two were birthed in a "birthing center" within a hospital. Now, the hospital is NOT a place that I'd even take my kid to get a bandaid (and I'm a paramedic, so believe me, I know where to go and not to around here! haha), but the birthing center was GREAT for me. I had my midwife and a nurse attend, was able to birth in a tub, caught both of my own babies, and it was the most beautiful experience of my life. I wanted home births, but at the time, I was in a very abusive marriage and control was one of his issues, and...long story short...a home birth was not allowed!

After reading everyone's posts, I just felt it was very important to say something...

No matter how you birth, it is YOUR birth and YOUR choice. You should not ever feel guilty, inferior, etc. because you choose to birth differently than someone else. The most important thing in pregnancy and birthing is to listen to your mommy instinct. My sister, for example, was adament about wanting a C-Section when the Dr and everyone else thought she was crazy and should do a VBAC. She was set on getting a C-Section though, and it turned out to be a good thing because she DID go into labor while she was waiting in the hospital for her scheduled section. While the hospital staff told her to forget about the section because by the time it came her turn, she'd be giving birth vaginally, she actually had a uterine rupture and had to be rushed into the OR. If she HADN'T stuck by her desire to get a C-Section while we all quietly thought she was being ridiculous, she and my beautiful niece probably would have lost their lives because there wouldn't have been time to get there.

Your body and spirit will know how you need to birth. Don't ever discount that. If you don't have a peace about something, don't do it! It doesn't make anyone a better mother to birth one way or another, and I'm pretty sure all of our babies will be perfect regardless of what environment they came out in.

Blessings to all of you as you prepare over the next bunch of months! <3
that's an amazing story about your sister!

afm: another homebirth, provided everyone is healthy, etc.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #24
dandelions
Registered Users

We're planning on another homebirth.
dandelions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #25
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This will be our second homebirth!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #26
martin1005
Registered Users

I would love to do a homebirth but my husband insists that's what hospitals are for- the laws of AZ agree with him. It would be a VBA2C (my last two babies were breech and MDs wouldnt even think of letting me labor naturally) and any MW who helps with a homebirth vbac automatically will lose her license. My first four births were so much better(still in hospitals) but quick easy deliveries (#3 and #4 were about half an hour), no drugs and much quicker recovery. I haven't researched it yet to see if I can try for a VBA2C because I then have to drive an hour for each appointment. I did that last time trying for a VBAC and she ended up being breech too and automatic c-section! Then there's the problem of my quick labors and having to drive over an hour to the hospital- freaks my husband and my doctor out!
martin1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #27
Kaori&Asher
Registered Users

My Mood:

I will be having a Water Birth at a Birth Center (or at least this is the goal!) Im Due June 21st with baby number 2!
Kaori&Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #28
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin1005
I would love to do a homebirth but my husband insists that's what hospitals are for- the laws of AZ agree with him. It would be a VBA2C (my last two babies were breech and MDs wouldnt even think of letting me labor naturally) and any MW who helps with a homebirth vbac automatically will lose her license. My first four births were so much better(still in hospitals) but quick easy deliveries (#3 and #4 were about half an hour), no drugs and much quicker recovery. I haven't researched it yet to see if I can try for a VBA2C because I then have to drive an hour for each appointment. I did that last time trying for a VBAC and she ended up being breech too and automatic c-section! Then there's the problem of my quick labors and having to drive over an hour to the hospital- freaks my husband and my doctor out!
from a fellow AZ mama!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #29
togetherinthelandofoz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had my first two at the hospital and had great experiences. For number three we're trying a birthing center and I'm already loving it

OliviaZachariahIsabella Psalm 139:13-14
togetherinthelandofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #30
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by togetherinthelandofoz View Post
I had my first two at the hospital and had great experiences. For number three we're trying a birthing center and I'm already loving it
congrats! We tried for a BC with #1 but ended up in the hospital. Still so glad of my choice. I hope we have better luck with #2
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote